The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

I can't find a WI for smurf, has anyone seen her (so to speak)?

Just had a look at her sig and it says 2lb so i will take that.
xx

Team Challenge results:

This weeks NEW shrinking violets slimmer of the week goes to .... JEN83! With a Juicy 4lb loss and a 2.56 % loss well done Jen and congratulations!

Jen83-4lbs 2.56%
Soontobelittlegem-4lbs 1.71%
Smurf-2lbs 1.20%
Thinkthincd-1lb 0.53%
Francesmag STS

Team Percentage 1.20%

Congratulations ladies and a special mention to Gem who also lost 4lbs this week, well done!

As you know i posted last week asking if GT still wanted her place, i still haven't heard from her and haven't received a WI result from her for 7 weeks now and so i think we have no choice but to offer JAYNE a place on our team. GT- if you are still around hun, i'm sorry to give your place away but i haven't heard anything from you in so long, please feel free to let us know how you are getting on good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.

Jayne23- Welcome aboard you are a fully fledged violet if you would still like your place? If so can you Pm me your weight last WI and obv any wi results each week please yay!

Have a great day everyone, will catch up with the posts properly later!

Well done on your xmas target Gem, fantastic achievement!

xx

hi guys, sorry I'm not around as much but I have finished all my work for the year (Yay!!) and I am enjoying some time away from the computer. Just want to say how nice it is that there is so much to catch up on thanks to jen and jayne. It's great to have such a chatty team thread again and I am sure it will get us all through Christmas.

And Gem, you are a STAR! If anyone was going to hit 3 stone off by Christmas, it was gonna be you! I think you new job sounds perfect and will leave you plenty of time and headspace for studying, which is were your heart really is. You really are getting your life sorted now!

Welcome Jayne, I hope everyone had a good weekend. I lost 3.5 lbs this week which means I have reached my 3 stone off for Christmas too. Its hard to believe less than 3 months ago I was 3 stone heavier than I am now. X x x

Congrats hun, what i fantastic achievement!

I joined a christmas challenge also but i can't remember when i started it, anyway i had to lose 42 lbs and i have 3 left so hopefully i will hit by the big day. I'm still struggling with the idea of being thin for summer....i can't get my head around it and i keep wandering in to evans out of habit and getting excited if i see a size 22/24 then i realise that i'm not that size anymore....it's a really weird feeling!

Defo a 14 top now, bought some cheapo jumpers from asda the other day for after christmas....all fit fine now!

xx

Thanks Hayley, You are doing fab yourself. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll lose the 3lbs by Christmas, but I'm sure you will. Well done into being an official size 14 too thats great.
I'm setting myself a goal of 3.5 lbs next week which would have my bmi at under 25 for Christmas. Its going to be a tough one though now, but i'm going to try my best as it would be such a great Christmas present to myself if I can do it. X x x

Totally p*ssed off!!!

It was the Christmas dinner at work today.

I obviously was not eating it.

Apparently there was "no room" at the table for me so I sat on my own.

No-one even spoke one word to me.

That wasn't the worst part however.

I was nominated to carry the plates of food over from the canteen for everyone as I wasn't eating.

Talk about insensitive.

OMG Gem thats awful. Roll on Friday when your out of there. I really hope you enjoy your new job. I'm sure you will. I posted those clothes yesterday btw sorry about it taking so long you should get them by the end of the week, if they are no good then just give them to your local charity shop. X x x

HI guys
thanks for letting me join the team, I get weighed later on, am preparing for a bit of a shock after my cough mixture and antibiotics, just tested my piddle and still not in ketosis, which I'm quite surprised about, will post either later or tomorrow evening,
Well done to everyone
J:massmoon:

Thanks hun!

Jayne that happened to me when I took cough mixture. I was really annoyed about that!!! Hope you get a good result!!! x

Bad, bad school, and naughty people, Gem. Thank goodness you are outa there. Weigh in tomorrow! Hmmmm I have been slurping the old cough mixture as I have a cold and a very tickly throat. I a way I am resigned to staying the same. If I can just stay under 12 over Christmas and then in January this place will be flooded with all the newbies and that will help me through the last couple of months.

OMG
I went and got weighed last night and was 12 stone 13 or 181 pounds. This is hideous as i had got down to 170 lbs at one point. This has really messed with my head. I'm sitting here with my too tight trousers (round my belly and legs) and am on a real downer. i am still not in ketosis despite being on sole source
Apparently being on steroids can have a big impact so I'm told I have to be patient.

So i will try my best. in terms of weight loss I won't be reaching my xmas goal of losing 20lbs which would mean I need to be 167lbs but may be able to do this for new year.

So my joining weight for this group is 181 pounds with no weight loss this week ( CDC says really can't judge amount of weight gain till back in ketosis)

Got to do some work now, will post later, am sitting here with 2 bottles of water and an intention to go to step tonight, might kick start the ketosis - you never know :needhug:
J

Poor you, :hug99:it is so frustrating, especially when it out of your hands!

Saw my CDC this morning and I lost the grand total of 1 lb! And that is actually also my sum total weight loss for this month! :rolleyes:

Think I will do 810 during Christmas week to try and kickstart my metabolism for the New Year.

thanks night owl for the understanding,
waters going down a treat, I'm just feeling very knackered. I think its too early after flu to go to step so will resign myself to another day of lack of ketosis. Having difficulty keeping my eyes open. Never mind one more day at work then a couple of days off,

on the positive side, Xmas is sorted, pressies wrapped, bank balance depleted but not too badly. So can stop panicking about being behind in the xmas prep now

am working xmas eve till 2130 and 0730 till 1530 on xmas day so it'll be almost over anyway. Was going to have a meat and veg xmas dinner , don't know what to do now
J

Jayne just think that you won't be that weight for long!

And if it makes you feel better, I was a whopping 305lbs when I started!!! Disgraceful I know but now just 5 months later, I can't even remember what it felt like to be that big.

We are such a supportive team. We'll look after you! x

Well done on the pound Frances! I am having a slow month this month too unfortunately :( my scales haven't budged and I am worried I am heading for my first ever STS...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! xxx

Awwwh Jayne I really feel for you, but its due to curcumstances out of your control. Unfortunately we can't control being ill, and getting yourself better had to be your number one priority. Take it easy over the next few days and you'll slip back into ketosis and the pounds will drop off. It will be like week one all over again and i'm sure you'll see and big loss, and be rewarded for all your hard work and determination. I would still stick with your original plan of having turkey and veg for your Christmas dinner, I know everybody feels differently about this, but to me it just wouldn't be Christmas without sitting down with my family for a meal.
Well done on your loss Frances, especially given that you had been taking cough syrup. I think 810 would be a good plan over Christmas, its what i'm going to try and do too, although I have a wedding on the 28th so I'll just have to eat the meat and veg. X x x

thanks guys.
Feeling a little waterlogged, just had a lovely soak and am now going to watch spendaholics as it makes me feel virtuous not to have mega debts and then I think I'm going to bed
Night night
J:nightf:

Good night Jayne! x

I feel so honoured. My lovely colleagues bought me a leaving gift.

A beautiful half-dead Poinsettia :8855:Oh well, I shall try to rescue it. It's not the plant's fault that my work colleagues are a bunch of evil, callous b*tches hehe! x

How are we all today anyway? I am feeling pretty smug as a girl off the forum posted me a beautiful black satin beaded party dress (size 16) and it fits!!!! It fits!!!! I'm so pleased!!!!

I shall post a photo soon. I haven't done any for a while x

Back