The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Well done Gem on the size 16 dress, thats a great achievement. i bet you'll look fab on christmas day. not so great about the half dead poinsettia, but at least your out of there.
I'm so hungry at the minute i'm glad i'm moving up to 810 on monday. X x x

I got the clothes this morning Jen, thankyou so much! The Post Office had totally mangled the package but the clothes were fine. All lovely! I'm going to try them on in a bit xxx

Well just tried them on and most of them fit. The shirts are a bit tight around the arms but a couple more weeks of Jazzercise and I will be there lol! Thanks again hun! x

thats fantastic Gem. Seems to me to be a good job you've finished work. Your better off out of there.

Have had a busy day. have drunk the water and had two shakes. Am I in ketosis? Am I hell. Have to go back to docs tomorrow as still have a really bad chest infection, will take pills if she tells me to but will scupper me further. Oh well, better to be alive than lighter - but you know what its like, its starting to get me down.

on a positive note, getting my hair cut tomorrow and its about time. always feel better after :hmm:

Snap Jayne, I'm getting mine cut tomorrow too :) It's grown so out of the style I had it before. It's a mess at the moment!!!

Hope the doctor sorts you out! Better to get healthy and well and then focus on CD. You may still have lost weight without being in ketosis anyway :) xxx

Woohoo Gem, in a size 16! You go for it!. Still got the cold but cut the cough mixture out, and I am managing to stay on the straight and narrow.
Feeling quite positive about Christmas itself as my family are very supportive of my diet.

had a kind of light bulb moment, realised that as long as i stick to SS I cannot do a damn thing about not being in ketosis. If the doc says I need more antibiotics and steroids I'll just have to take them to get well. I know that my nutrition is better on sole source than when eating the rubbish that I normally fall back on when I'm feeling rough so I am just going to do the programme and wait for the effects to happen. So on a more positive note am glugging the water and facing a new day
J:cross:

Good luck at the doctors Jayne, you have a fab attitude, like you say you can't go wrong on ss even if your not in ketosis.
So glad most of the clothes fit Gem although it won't be long before they are hanging off you.
Looks like we are all getting our hair done today. I'm getting mine cut and coloured at 3.30 I agree that you always feel much better about yourself once you have had your hair done. X x x

thanks Jen, can only do it with everyone on here to support me.
Can't wait to get hair cut at 12, can't afford salon colour this week so am going to do it myself.
lots of things planned for today as off today and tomorrow, not exciting but will keep me out of the kitchen. Going to clean the car in a minute in and out, figure the money saved from the car wash will pay for the hair colour
J

cleaned outside of car but OH has zipped off in it before I've done the inside. thats messed up my morning, hope that he's back before it gets too cold and dark. off to town now and hairdressers. might have a little peep in matalan and peacocks for a new top (without breaking the bank)
Is anyone else having clothes trouble. I had to go to a professional work event yesterday and ended up going in my jeans as i don't have any trousers that fit, have some that are too big and some that are too small and I'm damn sure I'm not buying any in a 16 when i will be back in 14's soon enough (was there before the flu -) - felt a bit of a pillock actually as everyone else looked like they'd made more effort. Never mind its the contribution thats important and not what your wearing i guess.

Last time I got to goal I was a size 10-12, still looking forward to the day when those clothes fit again. By march they definitely will

Doh, couldn't get in at the hairdressers!

Gonna have to wait until after Christmas now. Not happy!!!

Also on TOTM and the scales haven't budged :( x

hi guys
having a drama went to doctors today following my flu last week and I've been presribed all sorts of stuff, antivirals as he thinks I have a form of shingles, antibiotics as still have a chest infection and steroids for the whole lot. he says though that I shouldn't be doing sole source till I'm better and the steroids will probably prevent proper ketosis. CDC says I should follow medical instructions but I know that my nutrition is better on CD than when I'm feeling sorry for myself and eating rubbish. What should I do? J:deadhorse::deadhorse:

I agree with your CDC! Definitely don't do Sole Source if the doctor says not to. Why not do 1000 plan or 810? That way you will still be getting a good diet, still be on CD and still be losing weight?

I have WI at 11:30 but my scales are showing only 1.5lbs lost :(

To top it all off it's TOTM and it's so heavy this time. I have found CD has really played havoc with my TOTM. Does anyone else have problems? It's so bad I'm seriously considering not going out as I want to avoid embarassment!!! xxx

Well 3lbs off so much better than expected!!! I seem to be on a go slow this month though. Hopefully it will pick up again after Christmas xxx

3lbs is great Gem especially with TOTM. I'm not too bad these days, at the point where I'm getting hot flushes and feel grumpy but have a mirena coil in and its great cos you hardly have periods. (no good if you want kids in the future though I don't think)

Thanks for the advice, think I'll do 1000. Just dissapointed that everything seems to be conspiring against me doing it this time. The spirits willing though. Maybe I should just not worry about it , take the pills which I finish on 30th, have new years eve and new years day to recover and start again with a vengeance on jan 2nd. Should be better and will have no reasons not to
won't do much for team weight loss though will it after you've taken me on
J

Hi everyone,

Wow i've missed loads, sorry i've not been around lately it's going to be like this until after xmas i'm afraid, both of my boys have been ill and now i have their cold as well so just been up to my eyes in it!

Well done everyone with their losses this week, i think i will sneak a pound in this week although totm is due 2moro so fingers crossed.

Sorry to run but i will be back after 11 2moro with the team results and hopefully once xmas is over and done with i will be back with you guys properly and if not then we will have to consider handing over to a new team leader.

Have a great evening, i'm off to find some more tissues this flipping nose doesn't stop!

xxx

Hayley I know how you feel this time of year is crazy isn't it. I hope you get a rest over Christmas and that yours and the boys colds clear up.
Jayne sorry to hear you are still poorly. Hopefully the 1000 plan should work for you over Christmas by giving you all the nutrients you need then when you've recovered you'll just slip back into ss and i bet you'll have some great losses to start the year. I really hope your feeling better by Christmas though.
Gem 3lbs is a fab loss for totm I've never had a loss like that when on my totm. I have lots of problems with mine as I have endometriosis. I'm currently considering having the implant as it stops periods all together in some people which would suit me as I am happy with my 2 girls so we don't plan on anymore. X x x

Gosh this forum has gone so quiet lately!!! I guess everyone is busy with Christmas.

I start my new job tomorrow and am working everyday until Boxing Day so I won't be about much.

My next weigh in isn't until the 29th either and am hoping for 6lbs to take me to the 6st mark. I would be happy with 4lbs though just to take me into the 15s yay!!!

Hope you all have a great Christmas!!! And Hayley I hope you and your boys get better! xxx

Back