The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Good luck with your new job tomorrow Gem. Do you have to work Christmas day then? I feel for you if you do I think Jayne mentioned that she had to work it too. Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas whatever they are doing X x x

hi there, I'm around but I have been playing Scrabble Blast! So much for my break from the computer! But once you start, ya just can't stop!

Well done on your 3lbs Gem, you'll be in the 15's by the New Year I'm sure. Your commitment is utterly amazing. You're like our lucky mascot! I get weighed on Christmas eve and then I will probably buy 2 weeks' supply and not get weighed until the New Year. I'm fine with that, it will be nice to have a 2 week run at it. If I lose over Christmas, and I will stick at it, I will be very chuffed. If not, I am looking forward to tackling getting to goal in the New Year with gusto.

Gemma, don't suffer bad periods, they can be sorted. It sounds like yours might be quite heavy. I put up with heavy periods for years and then just mentioned them to my doctor because I had one that lasted 3 weeks, last Christmas! He gave me hormone tablets to stop that one. Then he prescribed me Mefenamic Acid tabs. They are fab. You take 3 a day during your period and they make it much lighter and shorter.

This was all before I started CD in summer. I did notice I had two in August but it all seems to have settled down now. But if heavy periods are what are keeping you indoors, go ask your doc for Mefenamic acid tablets. They changed my life!

Morning all,

What would you all like to do about the team challenge over xmas, do you want a hol for a week and we can sumbit our results in jan? or would you like me to post a result next sunday?

SMURF- not received your WI again hun are you still around,?
I've moved up to 1500 this week and have lost a pound as i suspected which i'm pleased about.

I won't include your result this week Jayne, as i understand it you have only just come back to cd due to illness so your proper WI (so to speak will be next thurs) if i've got that wrong let me know and i will amend the results.

Thanks for all of your good wishes girls and if i don't get online this week i just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas i hope you have a fantastic day with whoever and wherever you are, i'm looking forward to getting back to SS for a few weeks in the new year to shift my final stone but what an amazing journey this has been!

Team challenge results coming up

xx

Team challenge Results:

4 results submitted

This weeks Shrinking Violets Slimmer of the week goes to.....JEN83 Woohooooo congrats hun a well deserved title. Results below:

Jen83 -3lbs 1.97%
Soontobelittlegem -3lbs 1.30%
Thinkthincd -2lbs 1.07%
Francesmag -1lb 0.60%

Team percentage=1.22% Not bad at all for four results!

thanks for the advice Frances. i'm a bit funny about taking hormones and pills etc. i don't like to meddle with nature so to speak. i did go on the pill when i was younger but it totally stopped my periods and i felt really...i don't know...sort of unnatural!?!?!?

hopefully this is a one off this month and they will calm down a bit.

yes jen i have to work Christmas day but i am working 6am-2pm with Mike so at least we are together. i have Boxing day off but he doesn't which sucks a bit!!!

those results aren't bad for just 4 people!!!

personally i won't have a result for next week as i don't get weighed until 29th so i'm happy to go with whatever you guys decide to do about the challenge xxx

Me too. I'll have a weigh-in Christmas eve but then I miss a week. I suppose if someone has a weigh-in to report we can just put that in as they are running the challenge during Christmas.

Gem, Mefenamic acid is not a hormone pill. Bear it in mind if they don't improve. I would highly reccomend it for taming TOTM without taking the pill.

Good result this week. Well done us. I wasn't gonna say Happy Christmas yet as I know I'll be on over Christmas but for those who may not be............A BIG HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO TEAM 10! :xmascheers:

:xmastree: :109::48::xmastree:

Last edited:
Had a wee think, and I would actually like to continue with the weekly challenge over Christmas as I think that is the time I will need it most! I am sticking to the diet and want to lose a couple of pounds over Christmas. I can weigh myself at the my gym next Wednesday as I have records of weighing there and know that those scales weigh 3lbs heavier than my CDC's scales so I can get an accurate reading.

Hi everyone well 3lbs down for me this week. I'm pleased but was hoping to get my bmi under 25 for Christmas. Only 1lb to go so will probably weigh myself on Christmas morning to see if i've done it lol.
I'll stick to the team challege too with you Frances. I'm moving uo to 810 today plus i'm planning on having a small Christmas dinner and my totm is due this week so i'm going to need all the help I can get. I'm hoping for a 1lb loss, but I'd be pleased if I sts.
Gem Hope you enjoy your first day in your new job, and that your period has stopped. X x x

I knew I would be the first one back on here after Christmas lol! Hope everyone had a great one? It was over all too quickly for me!!! Roll on next year!

I was good though. Nothing passed my lips that shouldn't have! And my scales are showing a whopping 7lbs loss but not so sure how accurate that is!!! I'll find out for definite on Monday!

I'm working again today-first shift on my own and all is well so far! It's quite nice having the office to myself but so quiet in here! Got the radio on for company!

I feel like Christmas was a bit of a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of affair. I'm really disappointed that it's over! Mike and I have decided that we are going to get married the week before Christmas next year and then honeymoon Christmas week and possibly the week after. That way neither of us will be working and we will be able to go away somewhere with snow and have a proper Christmas. Going to take the tree with us and hopefully book a self catering cottage in the French Alps if our budget will allow it! If not, we may just book two weeks in the highlands of Scotland. A cosy little Christmas-just the two of us. It sounds like heaven to me!!!

I don't even care if it's not a big expensive honeymoon. Just being able to spend a lovely traditional Christmas with my new husband will be enough for me!

Sorry I am getting a bit mushy in my old age!!! xxx

Hiya Gem, Glad you had a good Christmas, I know what you mean about it being blink and you miss it. I feel the same. All that preperation for one day.
Wow 7lbs thats fab it might be even more by Monday. I've moved onto 810 and as you predicted it seems to have kick started my matabolism I'm showing a 2 lb loss so far and its totm too so I'm hoping for another lb by Monday.
Your honeymoon plans sound idyllic gem a lovely Christmas wedding then a honeymoon in the snow sounds gorgeous.
For my Christmas dinner I had Turkey and green veg however i did have a bit of gravy on it and 1 stuffing ball lol. Nothing else has passed my lips that shouldn't have though even though everybody kept saying just have a small slice or one choc won't do any harm grrrrr.
I went shopping on Christmas eve for a few last minute bits and I tried on a few bits of clothes. Size 12 jeans and a coat and they fitted! I was over the moon and for once it felt like all the hard work was beginning to pay off. I want to get to the stage where I can pick up a size 12 in any shop knowing it will fit, that will be a fantastic day.
With having only around a stone to lose now my attention has been drawn to what do afterwards. I'm thinking of using weight watchers for maintenance and including one gym session a week alongside the exercise dvd's I do at home as I can't really afford any more gym sessions than this does this sound like enough exercise? I do a fair bit of walking too as i don't drive. Anyway i've got a long time to think about it I guess I just like to get things straight in my head.
X x x

hi guys, I've just been catching up, Well its been and gone. I worked xmas eve and xmas day, then had boxing day with family at mum and dads yesterday which was fun. have stuck to 1000 there abouts over xmas as am still on the damn antibiotics and steroids till new years eve now. Spoke to CDC and am going to see her around 5th so won't have a weigh in till then.
Hows the new job Gem, what are you doing, it must be better than the last one
Will be back later, just starting the ironing mountain
J

hi guys, sorry I haven't been around much but I have officially been sulking. Saw my CDC on Christmas Eve and I STAYED THE SAME AGAIN! Grrrrr. Getting pissed off with it now. It is reminding me too much of WW and RC now when I would go week in week out and either lose a pound, put on a pound or sts week after week. I am sticking to it because I can't really think what else to do, and the idea of coming off it terrifies me. Mind you, I celebrated Christmas Day with 5 chocolates. I then made my family hide them. Nothing else tempted me.

I'm off down to Cornwall with some friends tomorrow. We drive back on New Year's Eve as the hotel is booked out that night. This suits me fine as I would not have been up for a wild NYE party this year.

Think I am beginning to get on my family's nerves a little lol. I calculated that they ate 5,600 calories in Pringles alone over Christmas! I just don't get the mind set where you overeat at Christmas and then diet in January. Is that really what skinny people do? It never worked for me because I was so heavy that January didn't make a dent on it -- I needed to diet all year round to lose it. I wonder if that will be me next year. Oh, to be able to diet for a month to get back to your goal weight. Hah, that would be good.

Hope your new job went well Gemma.

Hello Ladies!

Wow what a fantastic christmas it was brilliant but exhausting! I'm showing a 1lb gain this week but don't have official weigh in until next sunday had a lovely time i ate drank and was merry however for the first time in my life i did it all in moderation and i honestly don't think i have gained any real weight (its totm so can't tell for sure) i'm calorie counting for the next week and then back to the hardcore SS eek! I'm finally really happy with myself, i'm no where near skinny but i'm comfortable in my own skin and i can tell how proud my family are particularly my dad who told anyone within a 5 mile radius how much weight i'd lost and how fantastic i look lol! I still want to lose the last stone for health reasons more than anything, i just want to be able to be a bmi 25! Hubby and i have decided that once i get there we will start trying for another baby (although he thinks we should start trying now!!)

So i wondered if anyone would like to take over as team leader? I'd still like to be on the team but as i'm only planning on ssing for another month it might be easier to make the switch now. Gem has pm'd me in the past to say she would like the job when i "retire" but i'm not sure if this is still the case with her running the 100% club? Also as this is your team, if anyone else fancies taking over feel free to put yourself in the running.

When i get 5 mins i've got to post a pic of the ring hubby bought me for xmas, he said i deserved it after losing so much weight, it is AMAZING i cried when i opened it and i can't stop staring at it all in all this has been the best christmas i've ever had!

Happy new year to you all have a great one and i'll see you in 2009!!!

Hayley xxx

Hiya everyone!

Hayley I am definitely still up for taking over-it will do me good to have something to focus on! I'm considering passing the 100% club onto to new hands as hardly anyone posts now. It's becoming a waste of my time having all these names on the spreadsheet when half of them don't post.

Don't know what's up with me but my scales showed a 9lbs loss this morning!!! They must be wrong because I can't have lost 9lbs in just over a week. No way. I will find out tomorrow morning!

New job is going well. Not the most exciting job but not at all stressful which is good. Although I am having to take over the maternity leave sooner that I thought e.g NOW. Bit miffed that I am having to give up some of my three days off this week but it can't be helped x

Hiya everyone I hope your all o.k. So glad you had a good Christmas Hayley sounds like you got everything you could have dreamed of. Good luck with ttc once you have hit your goal. I'd love another but 2 is it for us.
When will you be taking over as team leader Gem? You'll be fab, I'm hopefully only going to be doing cambridge for another month or so now on 810 then i'll do a couple of weeks on 1000 before moving onto weight watchers. Can't wait to hear about your weigh in results this week sounds like a massive loss for you.
Well I lost 3 lbs this week which i'm pleased with as that brings my bmi below the magical 25, and its my totm too, plus I moved onto 810 this week. I'm hoping for steady 2lb losses a week from here on in, so i'm afraid you probably won't be able to count on me for any big losses really. Has anybody had their fat percentage measured? dp's nan bought me some special scales for Christmas which measure your fat and water percentage and my fat percentage is 32 per cent which is high. Any idea how i can get it down? X x x

Hi Jen,

The weight loss plan sounds good, you've come so far it's amazing....when do we get a pic!!!lol

As far as body fat goes i think for women anything between 20-35% is normal over 35 is high? I might have it wrong as i also have some of those body monitoring scales and my bf percentage is 32 which has moved from high to the next bit across (i can't really see what it says when i'm standing on them lol) I think it will naturally come down as you lose over the next few weeks, if you put it in to perspective 1lb of fat to your overall weight now is a lot more than 1 lb of fat when you were bigger so i think those figures will soon drop lower as you continue losing weight.

The other thing really good for fat burning is walking, you can get a polar heart monitor which you wear like a watch which will bleep when you reach "the zone" apparently it's quite specific, too much activity and you are out of the fat burning zone and in to cardiovascular workout which will get you fit but won't burn fat as effectively (if i have remembered this properly from my hardcore gym days!)

I'll pop a pic in my profile album of my xmas pressie, its gorgeous!

xx

Back