The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

:eek: my updated tickers have appeared and I realise I've got to lose 12 pounds in 12 days, :gen147:
gonna drink some more water :gen144: and say a little prayer,
Have worked out that when i started this on the 1st I lost 14lb in 12 days so am hopeful but there is no room for any slip ups now:d'oh: J xx

We all have every faith in you Jayne. You know where we are if you need to let off steam. Whats done is done you just need to look forward to your new slim future. Think how lovely it will be in Summer to be wearing those skimpy summer outfits. Just focus on each day. Tbh I still take this diet day by day week by week. I'm feeling really hungry today, I don't know why, but i'm hungry all the time at the minute.
I have lost 2lbs this week which i'm happy with as its totm and it takes me to 9 stone 13. I haven't seen a 9 on the scales since I was a teenager. I'm going to be looking at maybe moving upto 1000 in next couple of weeks, see if that helps the hunger pangs X x x

yeah i agree with what jen says.. i have been dwelling on the past too much and now im just putting the past all behind me and looking towards the future.

i first started this diet in july and if i had stuck to it i could have been a lot lighter by now. i didnt stick to it though. however i am putting it behind me and now looking at what i can achieve now and to the future. At the end of the day i could have thrown in the towel completely but i am retrying now and im getting there. im not 100% all the time but i am for the majority.

as long as you are sticking to it TODAY, then forget about yesterday.
xx

thanks so much for sharing how you guys are feeling to. I strive so hard to achieve that when I don't do SS (and other things in life) to the letter I feel like I have failed. Although these days I realise that its not the slipping thats the problem, but its the failure to get back on the programme that is what is silly its still really hard.
I went to see my CDC tonight and have fresh supplies and didn't break her scales.
I really want to do this but I'm really struggling, I can't work out what it is that makes me swing from 100% determination to thinking s*d it. I feel so fantastic when i am in control and sticking to it, what is it that makes me jeopardise it. J

as long as you are sticking to it TODAY, then forget about yesterday.
xx

Well said! That is the ONLY way to do this diet! The only way to undo the past is to think of nothing but the present. Gosh, that sounds very deep doesn't it!

Wishing you all a good dieting day tomorrow. Me too. I need it. Getting weighed on Wednesday morning!!

AT LAST I can move my ticker! Lost 4lbs! That is 4 stone off exactly. Hopefully that is the end of my plateau for now!! Woohoo!

Last week: 11, 12lbs
this week: 11, 8lbs

I suppose it had to happen one week, as we're usually in the top half of the board each week. Fingers crossed I'm off that plateau. Honestly after weeks of staying the same I would be delighted with just 1 or 2lbs a week now. The most important thing is sticking at it!

Good luck with your weigh-ins this week.

I don't think my weigh in will herald a result to write home about! Scales haven't moved so far. I suppose it had to happen to me once!!! x

Blimey Gem, nearly there and that is a big milestone. You'll have to post a special before and after pic then. You really are gonna do this you know. Slowly but surely!

Just popping in to say hi to everyone to keep in touch. Not much to say, just getting on with it really. Doing OK, but could be drinking more water I suppose -- isn't that always the case.

My BMI is 28.7. When it is 28 I can apply to be a CDC!

Sorry i've not been on much this week guys i've been so busy now i'm back at work. I never stop. My 8 month old dd has a stomach bug too so thats keeping me busy washing sheets and clothes full of vomit lol.
I'm so tired today I have endometriosis and my doctor insisted I have a depo injection to sort out my hormones before she'd give me the implant I requested and now I have had my totm for 2 weeks. I'm exhausted with it.
I'm hungry all the time and I still have a stone to lose which just seems impossible at the moment. Its going to take me longer to lose this last stone than it did my first 3 at this rate. I'm so fed up. Sorry for the rant X x x

Sorry i've not been on much this week guys i've been so busy now i'm back at work. I never stop. My 8 month old dd has a stomach bug too so thats keeping me busy washing sheets and clothes full of vomit lol.
I'm so tired today I have endometriosis and my doctor insisted I have a depo injection to sort out my hormones before she'd give me the implant I requested and now I have had my totm for 2 weeks. I'm exhausted with it.
I'm hungry all the time and I still have a stone to lose which just seems impossible at the moment. Its going to take me longer to lose this last stone than it did my first 3 at this rate. I'm so fed up. Sorry for the rant X x x

yes but you have lose 3.. you should be so proud. i have over 9 stone to lose and i have lost only nearly 2 stone (ticket doesnt show the stone i lost last year) and its taking me a while.. so be very proud of yourself and dont dwell
they always say the last stone is the hardest to shift anyway

hope everyone else is ok. Gem...knowing you im sure it will still show a loss of a pound or more. lucky lady!!

xx

Know how you feel Jen. I've lost 4 stone with 2 stone to go and already it is slowing down dramatically. There is no way I am going to make my Feb 25th goal, which was calculated on losing 3lbs a week......there's wishful thinking. The way I feel now, after staying the same for nearly six weeks is that I will jump for joy for a pound a week. It's a slow old haul but we will get there!

everyone seems to have slowed down a lot lately :( i'm still waiting to have my first sts...i reckon it will be this week!!!

I reckon you'll lose at least 1lb Gem if not more, you always stick to the plan 100% so even if it doesn't show on the scales this week it will do next.
I think I just need to put things into perspective I've lost over 6 stone in less than 6 months, which is an achievement and if it takes me a while to lose the last stone then so be it. I'll get there eventually. Thanks for all the words of support, I think we are all going through similar at the minute. I think i got all too used to seeing the huge weekly losses when I was on ss that now i'm on 810 i just can't get motivated by losing a lb. Nobody said it was going to be easy though and i'm determined to reach my goal. X x x

it's the january blues i think!!! the way i see it is if i only lose 1lb or sts at least i am still 6 and a half stone lighter than i was in August! whoop! x

indeed. a loss is a loss all the same.

i am hoping that i am due a big loss soon. i certainly need it. im just wondering if the exercise that im now doing is slowing it down? i dont know.. i may have to ss plus if it would mean better losses. i would have thought exercise would have helped tho?:confused:

anyway the fact that im still on cambridge is nothing short of a miracle for me... im pleased that im managing to stick to it. even if it isnt giving me the 5 pound losses i so desperately crave and need!

Back