The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Taryn you will get there!!! Exercise slowed my losses at first because i started building some muscle (all be it small!!!) x

HI all, sorry i haven't been around I've just been incredibly busy. Am doing 1000 after talking to CDC as I've been struggling and have a hideously busy couple of weeks, have decided to remove feb 1st goal as it was a stepping stone to valentines goal which I will still meet but takes the pressure off. Have to go on this damn leadership course tues and wed, have to stay in hotel and network and am so stressed about it anyway my CDC and I decided I shouldn't stress about SS as well. We then have our home education visit a week on thurs which I always find stressful even though we've always done ok and my son works his socks off. I just know how important it is. So will be doing 1000 till 7th feb and have a week to get to my goal, I've lost 2lb this week on 1000 so am quite pleased about it
Hope everyones keeping strong
Jayne

well done jayne!

i'm ok...just waiting to see what crap result my weigh in heralds tomorrow...doh!

we shall see! i will be reporting it at about 3pm! x

right we seem to have no result from smurf again :(

i'm going to submit these results in this week's challenge. that way we can all get our results in in time. poor smurf missed last week's aswell so if i do it this way, we are a week ahead and everyone has time. hope that's ok?

i'm off for my weigh in now! god i hope it's not a sts!!!! x

Good luck Gemma! Well done Jayne on losing 2lbs on 1000! I don't weigh in until Thursday morning this week (boohoo) as I have to go up to London on Wednesday morning. Feeling positive, but as I said I would be more than happy with 1-2lbs.

Wow well done Gem 4lb! Thats a brilliant loss. That will boost our team totals for sure this week.
Well done on losing 2lbs on 1000 plan Jayne it seems to be really working for you. Gosh you have got a couple of hectic weeks ahead.
Taryn the exercise slowed down my weight loss at first, but it boosts it for sure now, it just takes your body a while to adjust.
Well I lost 2lbs this week, which I have to be pleased about. 11lbs left and counting. I've chnaged my goal weight again as I really would love to be 9 stone and that would have me losing 100lbs in total. We are all poorly at the moment my youngest dd still has a sickness bug and my 3 year old caught it over the weekend. dp came home from work yesterday as hes got the flu and I have laryngitis grrrr. Its only my third week back at work after my maternity leave and i've had to take the day off today as I can't speak and I can't send the girls in nursery as they are poorly. X x x

Well done on 4lbs Gem, you really are a star. What size trousers are you wearing now? Just think, next week, you will be 14 something! You are doing so well!

Hope you all are feeling better soon Jen. I'm the same as you -- I don't really know what my goal weight will be. Just gotta wait until I get nearer 10 stone and see if people are yelling at me to stop. That will be my guide I suppose. I worry that I will have to go all the way to 9 something to get rid of my tummy as that seems to be the last to want to go, but that going too low will make me look scrawny -- already I have a little bit of loose skin under my chin, which is not a good look at all!

Anyways, onwards and downwards for now. I ain't gonna let a bit of losse skin stop me getting to goal weight, I'll sort that out when I've finished! Keep up the good work everybody -- no more wooden spoons I think, one's enough!

Thanks Frances, well i'm on the mend today, but i've taken loads of strepsils and other remedies over the past few days so I doubt i'll see much of a loss if any this week. I've not been to the gym at all since Saturday either, so if i'm better tomorrow i'll go and again on saturday to try and salvage something out of the week.
With regards to loose skin I have a big problem with my stomach, its largely due to 2 c sections in 2 years plus the weght loss hasn't helped. I really need a tummy tuck but they don't fund them on the NHS in my area so looks like i'll have to wait on a lottery win.
Goal weight is so hard to work out i've changed mine loads and will probably change it again before the end. I just hope I eventually get to a weight that i'm happy with and that I manage to maintain it. X x x

Thanks guys!

Frances, I am in an 18 but I'm pretty sure I could squeeze into a 16 quite comfortably. Might have to go out trying clothes on when I get paid!!! xxx

now 168lbs so lost a pound this week on 1000, however have survived the leadership course and just have to get over next thursday now, won't be here much in the next few days as have a hectically busy schedule but will be thinking of you all and supporting you in mind if not in typing
Take care
J

Surprise, surprise I stayed the same again this week! I cannot bear this any longer. Gave myself a big talking to and as you can see from my signature have set out my goals.

I only have to lose 4 more tiny pounds and I will have a BMI of 28 and can apply to be a CDC, so that is really giving me something to aim for.

I had been aiming for 9 stone 8lbs (which would have been 6 stone off exactly) but that was just a figure plucked out of the air. At 10 stone my BMI will be 24.8 and that will do me nicely. So I have knocked a few pounds off my target weight and added a month to make up for all the staying the same which gives me 8 weeks to lose 22lbs and get to goal. I will have been on my diet for 40 weeks exactly then.

Just 8 more weeks to goal. Watch this space!

Gem, please pm me you address again. I really want to send you my size 16 black cords. I only wore them for a couple of months and loved them. Just bought them again in a size 12!

Frances I'll join your 8 weeks to get to goal challenge. I need a kick up the bum tbh too. I'm not expecting a loss this week as I have been taking loads of cold and flu remedies and strepsils etc so i'll be lucky to sts. I'm getting really fed up, but I know with one final push I can reach my goal. I went to the gym on Saturday even though I felt rubbish which is a start, but it was a friends birthday last night and we went out for a meal. TGI Fridays of all places and I stuck to a chicken salad however the chicken did have a bbq glaze! I need to stop messing around and get my head together. Its hard because we have come some far but this last little bit is the hardest of all. I need to get my head in the right place. My first goal is t follow 810 to the letter for the whole of next week and to go to the gym twice. If I do this then I should see a 2lb loss which would have me well on my way. The hunger is driving me crazy nowadays though. I resort to coffee to try and fill the void, but it doesn't always work.
Hows everyone else doing? X x x

i am a rubbish team leader. i feel i need to relinquish my title as i just do not have the time to post the results. does anyone want to take over from me?

i put on 1lb this week. God only knows how!!! i've been 100%! i think it must be water :(

i will be in the 14s next time!!!! x

Hi Gem
your not a rubbish team leader at all you are just very busy at the moment
Is there a way we can add our results to a post in the format that you need so that you can just send the one message without having to mess around
I've not been on as I'm having a mare of a time. We have the final major thing tomorrow our LEA visit and then things will hopefully calm down
I'm planning to go back to SS on saturday so that I can get to my valentines goal
Hang on in there
Jayne

Don't worry we understand your busy Gem, I'm really busy at the min too, but if you like if people pm me their weigh in results and their start weights and their weights from last week I can work out the results on Sunday?
I only lost 1lb this week. No surprise really with the amount of strepsils I consumed.
I reckon your in for a massive loss next week Gem it must just be water retention.
Good luck for tomorrow Jayne, we are all so busy right now aren't we. X x x

Back