The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

I still here and don't you forget it Gem! A big kick coming your way..................I'll put it in the post lol!

You give up now and there is far more chance that it will go back on again! That is the one thing that has kept me going. That and the fact that it seems the little spare belly seems to be the last to go so you got to keep going to eliminate all fat before that goes! So wise up.

We need a full team more than ever now so if someone don't post by next Sunday (1st March) that they are in and still committed to this team we go advertise for replacements. I think that is fair and square, don't you?

PS I'm in! To the very end!

I'm in Frances! I need this team more than ever!

Over the last two weeks I have put on 4lbs. So I am back on SS today, feeling very motivated but with the tell-tale headache...

I haven't been in ketosis for so long so I am planning to get back in to it well and truly and shift the last 3st...I CAN DO THIS!!! x

hi guys
so sorry that I haven't been around, life has just been spiralling out of control and I have not been on the net at all
However I am now on leave for 2 weeks, I am on day 3 of sole source again as I have put weight on (a considerable amount but I need to work it out which I will do in a minute)

I do want to be in the team, am going to go and work out where I am and my goals and tickers

Back in a min
Jayne

right then, as you can see I fell somewhat not only off the wagon but down a great big precipice
I have restarted and am doing ok, I had a crafty weigh in this morning on day 3 and actually haven't lost any weight yet. I'm not surprised really as I was totally out of control. I've been bingeing and eating in secret and just basically being an idiot. I need to get back into some sort of control and sole source is my way of doing it. My skins terrible, I feel knackered and am again overloaded with work . However I'm on it and have a kind of plan to address the issues

I've therefore readdressed my goals and have a less ambitious birthday goal for 23rd march which is to get to ll stone 10, half a stone above my more realistic final goal. Have realised that I'm going to be 44 in march and being 10 stone ish isn't going to happen. I have a friend who is about 50 and has got to her goal on cambridge and she looks a bit haggard to be honest although I'd never tell her that. For me I need to be happy with myself and I'm going to see how it is when I get to 11stone 2 about may time

Going to do some work now will be back later

Hows everyone else doing, Gem your pics are fantastic you must be so proud

Jayne

did a bit of work then went over to see little bruv (6 foot odd) for a cuppa. Called in at tesco to try to get something for my very manky facial skin, don't know whats going on with it other than the stress and crap diet are not doing it any good. Need to get plenty of sleep and exercise I think to give myself a chance.
Will be back on tomorrow
maybe in ketosis by then cos haven't got there yet nearing the end of day 3
J

hiya girls,

Well i still pop on here from time to time to see how your all getting on.
Stick at it you will all reach your goals with the support of each other. Just look at how far you have come Gem, and how soul destroying it would be to go back. You look fantastic and just think if you stick at it by the time the nice weather come you will be at goal, and wearing lovely summer clothes to show off your fantastic new figure. Alternatively you could go back to eating how you did before and face a hot summer, uncomfortable and sweating from carrying around all of the extra weight you have fought so hard to lose.
The last bit really is the hardest. I never would have believed how hard it was until i experienced it. WW is working well for me and I lost 1lb this week. I'm aiming for a lb per week, from here on in. anymore is a bonus.
Jayne i agree with what your saying about not wanting to look too thin as it can make you look haggered. Being in my 20's though I feel I need to get down to a size 10 then i'll be happy. Theres still quite a bit of excess fat on me at the minute, and i'm still undecided as to what my final goal will be.
Anyway i've gone on long enough, but i'll keep popping back on to see how everyone is X x x

thanks guys, you've really helped me get motivated again. done day 1 of SS again and got through that. it's plain sailing from now!!! i only want to get off another 3st which really isn't that much when you compare it to what i have lost already!

come on girls, we can do this together!!! x

thats the spirit Gem, we can do this together, I just need to get my priorities right though, I've just got bogged down in the everyday grind and need to get my focus back, I'm trying
half way through day 4 and hangin on in there
J

hiya everyone, still on the straight and narrow, day 5 today. Have friends for dinner tonight, they've got moussaka and strawberry pavlova and i've got thai chilli soup, suits me sir
just finished my to do list, -130 items, better get cracking, good job i;ve got another weeks holiday

just off to bed at the end of day 5, survived friends for dinner, leftovers tucked away in fridge and dishwasher loaded. My mate even went away with a business card for my cdc, she could do with it. in fact this is the mate that originally started lighterlife with me about 4 years ago, bet she wishes she'd seen it through. night night:4635:

Hello Girlies!

Long time no speak, hope you are all doing well, i've had a quick flick through the last weeks posts and can see you have all been doing brilliantly. I just wanted to nip on and update you with my post cd story, i finished moving up the plans at the start of Dec, and since then i have maintained/lost a few more pounds i think in total i am about 9 pounds lighter than when i finished cd.

I loved the diet but i'm glad its done and although i could do with losing a few more pounds it won't be happening for a while now....!

Can't say anymore as don't want to jinx anything but i just wanted to wish you all luck and to add that it is easy to maintain/lose without cambridge, all of those months of not eating do totally retrain your brain.

Take care

H xxx

thats fantastic, you should be so proud of yourself, if sounds like it worked great for you and you are moving on. I'm hanging on in there, can't promise to be in for the long haul but all i can do is my best for now. Have another weeks annual leave before going back to work to concentrate on it then have 4 days away in a caravan booked for march 23rd. therefore 23 days to lose15lbs. then another 10lbs to get to goal. there is light at the end of the tunnel and its good to hear that i can achieve that working up the stages

Hi everybody, sorry not to have been on more last week but I was up in London most days for work. I actually managed to PUT ON a pound this week! About 2 weeks ago I upped my gym regime and I can only think that it is because I am building muscle and as we all know it weighs more than fat. Hopefully it will start earning its keep soon and start burning nasty fat soon. Fingers crossed.

Great to hear you're in Jayne and back on the wagon. And Gem too, hopefully you are back in ketosis now. And lovely to heard from H, on the other side lol! But it does look like we need a few new team members. Gem, can you advertise or will I do it? We really need a full team so that there is always someone on to chat to etc.

It doesn't look like it. We are all back on the wagon now and just need to find ourselves 2/3 new teamies and we will be back!

Hi everyone!

Frances, would you mind advertising? I just don't get a chance to do anything these days!!!

I get weighed tomorrow...bit apprehensive though!!!! x

Back