The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hi teamies, well done, that's 8lbs of fat down already this week by the looks of things. Well done! Must admit I am dreading the scales this morning. Had a pretty baaaad week. But I am all set to draw a line and get back on track tomorrow.

doh. am not getting weighed until 17th. and i have had a week off it. i keep getting ill now and to be quite honest i am sick and tired of the whole thing. i only want to lose another couple of stone but why is everything going wrong!!? grrrrr!!!! x

well done guys for your losses! x

Gem, sorry to hear you are struggling. It is so much harder when you haven't so far to go, with only 17 lbs to come off I too am really struggling, but stick at it I will, because I am convinced if I don't get to maintenance, and start eating because I am fed up with dieting, I will put it all back on again. It's the last bit that really counts I reckon in knowing you have learned how to keep it off.

Would it be easier for you if you switched to SS Plus? If you could have a protein meal every day? At least you would be able to sit and eat with Mike each night, albeit with no carbs? Think about it. As you know I have lost all my weight on SS Plus and I reckon you would still lose about 3lbs a week on it.

It doesn't look like our results were recorded last week. I will do them in future if you like but I cannot do them this week as I am going to be in Belfast and won't be near a computer this weekend. So maybe Jayne, as Gem isn't weighing in this week, could you please get our results to Irene this weekend and I will do them after that? I stayed the same this morning, for which I am very grateful tbh! I was convinced I would have put on a couple!

Good luck with your weigh ins. I know Dana is weighing in tomorrow so I really hope it's great news!

yep weighing in tomorrow
I cant wait whoop!
Will let you know around 6pm x

Decision...

Hi everyone!

I have arrived at a decision this afternoon. I am going to come off CD properly and then restart on 1st April. Clean break and all that! I must stop this fart-arsing around and start afresh!

Would you like me to leave the team?

Gem xxx

Gem, you do what you need to do, of course we don't want you to leave the team, you are one of the most supportive and motivated women I've ever had the fortune to chat to, your just taking a break as you are getting nearer to your goal. You have loads to offer all of us and I would miss you so much if you went. I know that none of us have been on here as much as we used to and I think this is one of the reasons that I am struggling at the moment

Gem, I'm not trying to influence what you do but I know that when I come off it I find it really hard to get back on, and the longer I'm off it the harder it is, so focus on your achievements

I've checked and I will be able to access a computer so will be able to post our results. I didn't realise that I was supposed to do it last week, what do I have to do and how do I do it , any ideas?

cambridge wise I'm failing miserably at the moment. I have had a new revelation today and am planning on starting afresh from the morning with a goal in mind. I'm staying with a mate who is very supportive till wednesday so am going to try my best. wish me motivation and the ability to find some new determination from somewhere J

Hey homies!!

Well I just had my WI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND...

Lost another 7lbs :D
I am now weighing in weekly so I dont need to half this result.

I'm sooooo over the moon!
Thats 18lbs in 4 weeks WHOOOOOOOP!

CDC advised me to SS+ for my week 5 x

well done on the loss hun!

ok well i will stay in the team but i do think i need a break. i want to start with a clean slate.

basically from the 1st april i will have 2 months before i go on holiday so i have a sort of deadline to get to goal in that time. I CAN DO IT!!!! x

Hi everyone I just thought i'd pop on and say hi. Well I'm back on 810 as of today. WW just wasn't working out for me tbh.
The whole no foods a sin thing meant I was living off rubish with no points left for anything nutritious. i could see me slipping into my old ways so i've decided to do something about it before the weight creeps back on.
I've got 10lbs left to go and these are the hardest 10lbs ever to lose. I'm really struggling so is it ok if I post on here for support?
Gem I can completely understand where your coming from. I felt exactly the same, but now I can't help but wishing that I would have stuck with 810 until goal as now I have to go through the whole process again. X x x

hi guys, I'm in an internet cafe in Belfast. It doesn't look like anyone has turned up for the Minimins Meet here but it's OK as I have plenty of friends here to visit.

Welcome back jen, it looks like you can come back as a team member, especially while Gem is having a break, so do let us know your weight losses. I know exactly how you feel. I am just coming up to my last stone and it is slowing and a struggle to keep focused so please come on here lots so we can help each other stay on track. You too Jayne. Glad to hear you are back on track.

Gem, what do you mean coming off CD "properly"? I take it you mean coming off it completely but can you also come off it properly -- like a week or two of maintenance by going to one of the higher plans (1000 or 1200). Don't start eating carbs immediately or you will put on weight. See if you can ease yourself in to it a little. You have a break and do pop on here now and then to let us know how you are. See you back here on 1 April or I will come looking for you!! And no, you must not leave the team.

Well done on your 7lbs Dana, that is excellent!!! You are going great guns. I don't know if anyone managed to get the team's weight losses to Irene in time, but I promise you from next week I will start doing it and make sure we are back on the top of the league table again.

Jayne, if you can do it, please pm Irene. You need everyone's weight in pounds so that you can work out the losses as a percentage. You divide their loss by the weight in pounds they were last week to get the percentage they lost, and then to get the team result you tot up all the losses and divide by the sum of last weeks weights. Irene will give you a hand if you can just get her the losses and weights. I stayed the same and my current weight is on my details to the left.

Sorry I can't be more help. It would be great to get something to Irene today or in the morning as it would be a shame to not record Dana's big loss.

I promise this won't happen again.
Frances

can everyone give me their weight last week and weight this week. i believe i have to tell irene by monday night so asap please . i think the only ones i have are mine and dana's

hi guys,

i'm going back on it starting thursday. i've realised that i have come too far to give up now. i have had a chance to think which is what i needed.

i'm taking mike away to York tues night and on the weds i have booked us in for medieval photoshoot. can't wait!!! x

Gem thats fab news!
Sometimes it just takes a few days before clarity appears.
I'm off to York for easter, hope you have a fab time and the photoshoot sunds amazing x

thanks hun!

i just needed to find my way again. after 7 months of no food it's so tempting to just settle for being how i am. but i realised that i am not ready to eat again as i will slip into the habits that made me 22st!!!

i don't have far to go to get to where i want to be so i just have to knuckle down and get on with it! x

da-na-na-na i have just realised you are in King's Lynn...i live in Marham, about 20 mins away lol! small world! x

Well day 1 of the restart today. i've put on a few pounds which is my own fault. this week is going to be tough so i'll post on here often. Gem i'm so glad you have taken the decision to start again on thursday. i wish i had never gone on ww but i like you was craving food and i thought i could easily lose the last stone calorie counting but no i couldn't so i'm back here. i'm determined to see it through this time. hope you enjoy you few days in york i look forward to seeing the pics from the photo shoot.
thanks for welcoming me back frances. i'm not sure if my losses can be counted but i'll post on here anyway. i weigh next monday X x x

guys, its fab that you are both restarting, think I may be joining you but am in a bad headspace at the moment and need to get some focus. When do I have to give irene weight losses by. is it tomorrow
J

hi all,after pm'ing Irene i decided as we only had dana's weight we couldnt' post our losses this week

there dont seem to be many of us here so let me know whose in and whose out

so can everyone post their starting weight for me and by saturday post me their weekly loss so that I can pm Irene by sunday

I need start weight, weight last week and weight lost this week so that I can work out percentages

go girls

Back