The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Jen, of course I wish you all the luck in the world with slimming world, but please get your health sorted first. When you say collapsed, do you mean fainting? It doesn't sound good. Eat healthily, lots of protein, until you are feeling betta. And do pop in and tell us are you are doing.

Jayne, I still think you should say something. It is not worth you feeling this crappy, just to see how long it takes him to remember. He is obviously not good at these things and needs little hints. In future years, I would make a little joke out of it and leave little post-it notes around the day before hinting at what you would like for ur birthday. Don't let it get you down, some men are just not programmed for birthdays. I know one man who won't even tell me the date of his because he just doesn't mark the day.

And Gem, promise me you will start coming on Minimins more often again. That is all I am asking. You used to be on here all the time and I know your new job meant that you couldn't get on as much but I just feel we would be able to support you better if you popped on each evening for 10 minutes to let us know how you are doing. I am also making a big effort to log on daily and I am finding it helps me a lot. I go to the general CD forum and read all the posts from people starting out to remember that enthusiasm and willpower when I first started. You are also my inspiration and now you need support we will be here for you. You will easily lose any regain in your first week as it is not fat, just water, so do not despair.

I do promise Frances! I need you guys more than ever especially since I have found out I have gained a whopping 22lbs!!! That must be some kind of record... :479:

Oh well, back on it tomorrow and CDC wants me to have lost 12lbs by Tuesday. I am thinking positive and I know I can do it. I lost 12lbs in my first week last time and it wasn't even a full week. I am going to get on the water today and then hit it hard tomorrow.

I am sort of glad it happened as it has shown me that I am nowhere near ready to face food again. I obviously have more issues with it than I thought! Must reward myself with shoes instead!! Although Mike doesn't like this theory as I have rather expensive taste!!!

I will be on here everyday if I can. I can log on at work so even if it's just a brief update I will try to post.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone and Jen, please look after yourself! Like Frances said, health first! xxx

That's pretty impressive Gem, lol, but you know as well as I do that it is mainly water and it will come off quickly. Also, the sudden switch wouldn't have helped as you are supposed to go gradually up the plans and spend at least 2 weeks on each one. Don't worry, once you have got to your GOAL, you'll be more careful about going up the plans now and you will not regain.

Right, here goes. Is Tuesday your weigh-in day now? Better than Saturday, I think. It would be great to see you on here most days, no matter how brief. I really think that helps a lot.

yes always a tuesday for my weigh in. except next week as my CDC is on holiday so it will be monday or wednesday.

i feel ready to get seriously into this again now so here goes! starting at 06:30 tomorrow i am a 100% SSer again! x

Excellent! You will be back on track in no time. Mind over matter. You can do this Gem, I just know it. Good luck on your first day back!

Thanks Frances! Although not a good start to the day. Huge row with Mike and late for work. Now all I want to do is eat chocolate!!!

It won't make me feel better...must think of other things!!!! x

Aw poor you. Look at it this way, it can only get better! I'm sure you'll make it up with Mike this evening and just keep thinking how good you'll feel when you have completed a whole day of 100% SS.
Hang in there.

Got weighed today. Lost a pound! I am 11 stone 1 lb. Gonna go for a good week to lose 2lbs and get into those 10's. Fed up with hovering around the low 11's now, so here goes! I'm doing SS+ 100%!

Gem, why don't you go back and read the start of this thread? It might help you realise how far you have come and perhaps remember some of the motivation and enthusiasm you had at the start. That is what I am trying to do -- get some of that mojo I had at the beginning back again. I go on the CD forum and read the posts of people starting out, and see how people who started out at the same time as me are getting along.

Also, and this is a funny one, I got a couple of strawberry shakes this week and had one in the garden this afternoon. When I first started out last June, I used to have a strawberry shake for breakfast every morning, in the garden, before it got cold and they brought out the wonderful porridge. Just drinking the shake brought back the early days and really put me back on track today.

Spring is here really, and summer is only round the corner and up the road a bit lol! What month did you start CD last year? And what weight do you think you can get to for the summer?

I started in August. I want to be done by August this year to make it an even year lol!

I have been very good today but need to step up the water. I feel starving!!! I won't give in though.

I am determined to do this. I am going on holiday at the end of May and I would like to be in the 13s by then! x

Well done you for sticking at it Gem. You know from before that the hunger will pass by the weekend and the hard bit is getting into ketosis. Then it will be plain sailing. You will be in the 13's by the end of May. We both know that.

Just keep drinking and thinking how much easier it is gonna be very soon.

Day 3 and so far so good! Am doing extremely well considering all my previous attempts at getting back on the CD wagon have failed. I think the turning point was admitting to my CDC that I had actually been off CD for 3 weeks and that I couldn't get back on it. She told me I need to have a gentle talk with myself and remind me why I wanted to lose the weight in the first place. She said that beating myself up about it will only make me feel worse, and when I feel bad, I make for the chocolate and try to eat my own weight's worth (at least it's reduced from 22st of chocolate to 15st!!!)!!!

What she said made a lot of sense to me. I am so lucky to have a great CDC and it's made me more determined to shift this weight and become a CDC myself. If I can help even one person to go through the transition that I have then it will all be worthwhile.

When I think back to how I felt before CD, I was miserable, a recluse even. I never went out. I would just sit at home eating crap. It makes me want to cry thinking that there are other people out there who feel as low and unwanted as I did.

Now, like the proverbial butterfly, I have flourished into a confident, and bashfully I admit, a somewhat attractive young woman according to the compliments I get now!!! And I feel attractive which makes all the difference.

The men at the office are falling over themselves to flirt with me. I know that sounds incredibly vain of me but I don't care. It feels great and it's such a confidence boost!!!

One of them is called Jim. I mean he is in his 70s but he is a sweet old man and he says what he means. He came in this morning and said I look positively beautiful like a movie star! Sweeeeeet!!!

Another young lad called Gary is supposed to have sent in a passport photo for his ID card. The boss phoned him last night and said "I'll come down there and take it myself!!!" and Gary laughed, so the boss said "I'll send Gemma down there to do it!" and Gary said "Yes please, I'll have some of that!"!!!! It makes me positively glow to think that I have all this male attention now. Even the two managers flirt with me which is nice bit of harmless fun.

Mike is feeling a bit jealous which really put a strain on us at first. I think he took it for granted that no-one else was interested in me and therefore I would be staying put and he grew a bit complacent. Recently he has been really romantic because he feels like he has to work to keep me (he really doesn't have to because I love him to bits but it will do him good to work a bit hehe!). He is getting used to the flirty me now. I did explain to him that this is how I was before I put the weight on, and reminded him that it was this me that he first met when we got together! He is getting used to it but he doesn't like me having male friends. It would be easy to say fine, and not have male friends but I don't see why I should. He needs to get used to it and trust me or we will not work out in the long run.

Wow sorry I have rattled on!!! I feel better for getting all of that out though!

According to my sneaky peak at the scales this morning, I have lost 8lbs and this is day 3 so that's some good going!!! xxx

Well done Gem, Its so hard to get into the right frame of mind and looks like you've cracked it. I spent 5 months saying i will start on monday lol 3 stone later, I realised i couldve been at goal by now.
Keep us posted let us know how your doing.

hiya all, I'm going to moan now so skip this bit if you want, and then I'm going to move on
Have spent 4 days in a caravan in Burnham on sea with OH, bruv, my 14 year old and his 15 year old mate. Plenty to do but got sick of hearing my son moaning about he's bored, caravans crap, its too small, theres nothing to do, can I have money for this that and the other, He had a strop and snapped his fishing rod in half, broke a light shade and basically was a prize t**t. his mate however was a pleasure to be on hols with. Bruv great as always and stuck up for me with son when he was gobbing off, to the extent that he shouted at him to listen to me and not be so disrespectful. Then Bruv ( no kids) ended up going outside stressed and having 2 fags - he gave up last year. Son called him a pr*ck and was shouting he's not my dad, he can't have a go at me - in the end short of slitting my throat I ended up getting pi**ed which doesn't take a lot seeing as I don't drink, and I ended up having 4 packets of crisps and a packet of choc digestives.
Anyway by the end of the week it had all sorted itself out , we've come back today and I'm back at work tomorrow. Came home to find that OH had switched the freezer off on monday so all ruined. . So basically wish I hadn't gone. Birthday passed uneventfully and only highlight was I went hill walking with bruv which is ace.

Anyway end of moan now -

you lot all seem to be doing really well . Weighed today by CDC 189lbs so have some tetras and am starting day 1 tomorrow, then having a weigh in on wed to give me a bit of encouragement. Should be in ketosis by then hopefully.
Thanks for all the words of support, have been reading posts since monday. Don't know whether I'll say anything about birthday now , can't be arsed really, he's seen the birthday cards from family and the bag my best mate got me and there was no comment really.
We get on really well usually so I'm being a bit unfair, i think we've both been a bit stressed out by having a teenager.

Am supposed to be going to a caravan in the lakes in may, I think I may leave him at his nans if she'll have him. He certainly needs to save up pocket money as Its cost me a bomb this week which I don't have

TTFN, working long day tomorrow and sunday so can someone post our losses. I've put a pound on but intend to make up for it next week
Jayne

Aww jayne!!! Sounds like you deserved to get p*ssed after all that!!!

You can do this hun, we'll all do it together :) x

Hey Jayne you have every right to have a good moan, and I so pleased to see you back on track like that. Sometimes we just need a good old blow out before you can see clearly again and you had every reason for needing one.

Gem, well done you. Forget the 3 weeks off, as you can see if is falling off already, but just think of the 3 days on. Fantastic news. And can I just say you always had movie star looks, even at your heaviest, you silly thing! Don't know why you can't see that. But your slimmed down picture is stunning and I can see why all the men are flirting with you in work. I can also see why you are finding it hard to get back on track. I am there too, in that I am slimmer than I have been for 10 years and everyone keeps telling me I am looking great, but I will not stop until my BMI is 24 something as I am convinced getting to my goal, and doing maintenance, is the only way I will stay slim.

But it is great the confidence boost you get from shedding the flab. I find I am standing up for myself in a way I have never done in my life. A friend of mine has been pissing me off for years, telling me off and telling what to do all the time, and I told her to get stuffed the other day, and that I didn't need friends like her in my life. It felt great.

It doesn't look like we are going to have any results this week. Happy to do them, but we only seem to have my little pound to report, so we will probably have to leave it this week. I will check again tomorrow night in case there are any other weigh-ins, but I reckon we will be topping that table in a couple of weeks so it is no big deal to miss this week!

Hope Dana is OK. And I might do a little head count next week and see if we need to recruit again. I think not hearing from someone for 2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time to wait before finding someone else? I just feel very strongly that we really need a full team at the moment to help get us through. I can't remember the last time Team 10 had six results, and that it just not good for morale. Let me know what you guys think?

I agree with you Frances. 2 weeks is a good limit.

Just to let you know, littlemissspendthrift is back on the wagon as of tomorrow. Hopefully she will pop her head in at some point!

I need some advice people! Not diet wise but relationship wise.

Basically, Mike really is not handling my newfound flirtatious nature. I can't help being who I am. I have tried to explain to him that I am being the real me but he is not dealing with it very well.

I'm not sure what to do? I'm not going to change the person I am. How can I help him to overcome his jealousy? x

I'll drop her line, it would be great to get her on the team.

It is a funny one, because as you said, you were slim when you first met him, and it was the flirty slim you that he started going out with. What puzzles me is that, I haven't even met you and I can tell that you love Mike very much and you are not the least bit likely to run off with another man -- you just aren't like that, you are a very loyal person. You are just enjoying the boost to your confidence and the well-deserved compliments from all your very hard work in sticking to this hard diet. So why can't he see that? Send him on here and I'll soon tell him lol!

The fact is Gem, you are a stunning looking woman. I know you find that hard to believe, but you are, and he is just feeling insecure. All you can really do is to find little ways to reassure him. I also think you need to tell him how hurtful you find his doubt of your love for him. You are dieting for your wedding day I thought? He cannot seriously believe you are looking for another man!

Thanks Frances, I can always count on you to speak sense! Argh why did I neglect the team for so long?!?!? Lesson well and truly learned!

I am getting weighed on Tuesday so will have to sit out this week. But what a corker of a loss I will be posting on Tuesday!!! I just know it!

I want to get the weight off and I am hoping it will give me the confidence to do things! I am too much of a scaredy cat to go shopping on my own :( I'm hoping the confidence of being slim will help me with things like that x

New pic, new pic whoop whoop!!! I have never done a side on photo because my large belly was always so apparent but look!!! LOOK!!!! NO BELLY!!!

I'm so pleased! :D And the scales are showing a 10lbs loss so far so fingers crossed for an even 1st on Tuesday. That would really motivate me so much!

How is everyone? x

Back