The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

The pic on my avatar was taken before I started CD, when I was about 15 stone. Here is one taken earlier this month.
Frances

Attachments

• 18 March2.jpg
    18 March2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 24
Wow, you look really good and you still have another stone to lose according to your ticker, you will look amazing once you get there, you should be really proud of yourself.
We go to Brighton each year in our caravan, or near there anyway, the first few years we went we stayed at a temporary caravan and camping site at Lancing College, what an awesome college it is, we did look around it and then spent an hour rolling down the hill in the grounds... we often drive through Lancing on our way to Worthing and we looked at a couple of houses there a couple of years ago when we considered moving there. We now stay in Small Dole at a farm caravan site...

I must admit I sneaked a quick weigh in on my scales this morning and I reckon I have only lost 2.5lb so not as great a weightloss as I was hoping, but we shall see tomorrow, I am weighing at 10am so will try not to drink too much before then.

Weigh in result...

well guys...i have made it through week 1 again....

and the result is:

last week: 228lbs
this week: 216lbs
loss: -12lbs!!!!

WHOOP WHOOP!!! I'm so pleased!!!

Gem xxx

Oh Wow, that is excellent Gem, what a great weightloss, now all you have to do is make it through week 2....

hi guys, its so good to come on here now that theres plenty of chat etc.
Gem - how did you manage that, thats fantastic, bet thats given you your mojo back

10 kids - well I really admire you, I'm struggling with one, may seek parenting advice if you don't mind Linda.

Night owl - you are also an inspiration , you've never given up even though I know that you've struggled . you'll get there soon

I've managed to get to the end of day 2 (again) and get weighed tomorrow at 3pm. I have been nobbled for an extra shift tomorrow so can get my foodpacks without worrying about where the pennies are coming from. Its been mostly good today. Still bogged down with work but realise that I work my socks off and if there aren't enough hours in the day to do what I have to get done then it'll have to be late getting done. Its not as if I sit on my ass doing nothing.

Will let you know tomorrow how I get on.

(15 year old now having yet another strop - everything that goes wrong in his life is apparently my fault - not sure how to deal with it so am going to go to sleep instead - life eh!!!!!!!!!!!)

J

Aw Gem, what a result!:wow:I knew you could do it! Well done you! You really are back on the straight and narrow now. It will be plain sailing now to your mini goal!

Linda, I say near Brighton, but actually live in South Lancing lol! So you let me know next time you're passing and I'll buy you a sparkling water on the beach!

Jayne, I am so impressed with you getting to day three. Hope it goes well tomorrow, but no matter what the scales say, you will be on day 3 and back on track so stay focused. I promise you, if you can SS for a week, other things, like work and stroppy teenager really will become more manageable.

Big day tomorrow! Hard act to follow with that new record Gem has set! Hey, this could be a winning week for the Shrinking Violets, thanks to Gem!:party0011:

Thanks guys!! I didn't think I would manage it as I have only been having 2l of a water a day. Guess I have found the amount that works for me!

I'm looking forward to my second week 2 and what it brings. My CDC reckons it will be the hardest week! x

Wow well done Gem your all doing so well. I'm in a complete mess I can't stick at anything and i'm in serious danger of ending up back where I started. I'm so depresses with it all. X x x

Forgot to say my ticker is completely wrong. I'm around 10 stone now I want to lose atleast a stone grrrrrr. X x x

Hi jen, are you feeling better? What about doing a higher plan on CD like SS+ or 810? Don't let it get to you, just try and get back on the straight and narrow. I am 11 stone now with one more to go, and I certainly find that although my losses have slowed, trying to lose at least helps me to maintain!
Hang in there!

Last edited:
I have found it easier over the last few days to split my shakes in half, so have half at 8am with everyone else having breakfast, then the other half at 10.30, then half my lunch shake at 1pm and the other half at 3.30, then I have my soup at 6pm with everyone else having dinner.... I mix the shakes with 8oz water each time so I am drinking the same amount, just half the powder, and I drink my chocolate one hot, so it seems a bit different to the breakfast one. Am finding that easier for now as I am constantly hungry as I haven't yet got into ketosis.. I think this is because on the low carb diet I was on I was eating less than 20g of carbs a day, with this diet it is around 48 carbs a day, so much more and it is just taking longer... Keep at it Jen you have just done so well, it would be such a shame to put it all back on.
Anyway, I have just had my weigh in, it is only 5 days since I started the diet and I have lost 4lb, so very pleased with that, hopefully next week will be similar as I will have a full week before being weighed now...

Hey Linda, 4lbs in less than a week! Well done! Not 2.5lbs that you thought! You will find that magical things happen over night on this diet, especially the night before your weigh-in, and not to look at your own scales lol! Great idea about splitting your packs. With the sun shining, I like a strawberry shake for breakfast, but having hot chocolate shakes and porridge really got me through the winter brrrr! Don't worry to much about ketosis. Unlike the Atkins diet that only works if you are in ketosis, that is not the main thing about this diet, You will lose the weight, regardless of ketosis, because you are on a very low calorie diet -- which is first and foremost what CD is. I reckon you will easily lose half a stone by the end of your first full week so stick at it.

Have you tried the porridge? Or do you not fancy it? It just fills you up a little more I find. And in week 3, I think, you will be allowed to have one bar a day! Malt Toffee is my favourite, with a cup of coffee. They are great because you get to chew something!

Wrong time of the month for me to break stone barriers, I lost a pound which puts me at 11 stone exactly, so next week I will see the 10's whoohooo! Starting my last stone too! When I get to 10 stone 8 lbs I will have lost 5 stone in total!

So that's 17lbs that team 10 have lost already this week!!!

Yes my CDC did say I could have the bars next week, plus the mix a mousse, but I dont want to slow down my weightloss so will maybe hold on until I am desperate for one or the other. I did try the porridge on Saturday, but found it very sticky and wasn't very keen, plus hubby said he could smell it on me for the rest of the day, kept looking in the mirror to see if I had it all round my mouth.... lol Might try it again a bit later on in the diet.... Well done on losing 1lb, will be my TOTM next week so we shall see what happens.... am dying to get into the 12's as I am currently 13 stone 5lb according to CDC scales so maybe next week, maybe not.... fingers crossed. Its so encouraging when you go down into another band isn't it...

One bar a day will not slow your weight-loss. This diet is hard enough so don't deny yourself these little things to look forward to, otherwise you will get bored of the same packs every day. Mix a Mousse is great. The best shake to use is Chocolate Mint in my opinion (don't think I have made it with any other flavour) so grab it with both hands.

You only need 100 ml of water for one scoop of mix a mousse, I also put a teaspoon of Fibre 89 powder in, and shake it up in the shaker. Then I get the hand blender and whizz it, in the shaker still, for a minute. Then pour into a bowl, put in the fridge, and wait 15 minutes. Yummm

Last edited:
hi all, well I've been and seen my cdc and I've lost 4lbs. I'm delighted.

so was 189lbs last week, lost 4lbs and now 185, have updated the ticker to my first goal

:girlpower:
will be back later, am almost at the end of doing a years statistics for work and am on march - gonna get it done so that can tick at least one thing off to do list
TTFN

Well done Jayne! I am so, so pleased for you! I knew you could do it, and now this will inspire you to stay on track!

What a storming week we're having! Where's angelmouse and Dana? Imagine a result with a full team!

We went to the cinema last night and as I am not one for scoffing popcorn whilst watching the film coz I dont like it I never had a problem of wanting anything to eat. Must admit I was really hungry when I got home and hubby had cheese on toast, but I managed without eating anything. Maybe I will only have half my soup at teatime in future and the other half later in the evening, and when I get my bars next week, I will maybe save half of that for later in the evening. Right I dont like nuts of any kind (ok some of the human kind are ok) so what bars do you all recommend??

Greeneyes stick to the peanut and cranberry ones as they are the lowest carb content. I usually buy one orange one to have on weigh in day as a treat.

Well done on your loss jayne!!!

jen, you can do this!!! stay focussed-a stone is not much to lose at all x

morning all, my aren't we doing well. I finished day 3, this is where it starts going to pot so I may be on here all the time. on a day off today (except have to go in to work for a meeting 2-4 - some day off hey. Never mind. Then working tomorrow and sat morning, in the afternoon going to mums for her birthday, which could be a bit hairy in the temptation department, will stay strong though. Going walking up shining tor on sun then have my weigh in on monday (will be 5 days cos of my shifts but never mind will post that weight loss anyway)

Keep it up girls
J:girlpower:

Jayne, spend the morning giving yourself a manicure and that way you cannot pick at any food as your nail varnish will be wet... or have a very long bath....

Back