The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Am feeling much better today, went out to Asda and picked up a new pair of jeans and a lightweight jacket, I tried the jeans on in a 16 and they were TOO BIG.... ha ha, the 14s were a little small but I bought them anyway thinking I should fit into them in not too many weeks, the jacket is also a 14 and fits as long as I dont do it up when it is a bit tight, but hopefully that will also fit me in a few weeks, so will just have to keep on with this diet so I can get into these clothes properly.. oh yes, had to also treat myself to a belt to hold the jeans I am wearing today up... so am feeling very encouraged...

You'll be in those size 14's sooner than you think Linda. If the jeans are on only a bit tight I would say they would be fitting your perfectly in a week or two! Try them on after your weigh in each week and watch the magic happen!

Hey Gemma, guess what I have finally BOOKED to go to Egypt. Flirtygreeneyes (Bev) off here was going and when I saw how good the price was I decided I would finally do it and just go. Take a look:

Nile River Cruise

We fly out to Luxor on 20th April! So far I am paying a single supplement, so looking for someone to share with.............COMMMMMMMMMEEEEE WITH!!! You know you want to and you will never get such a good a price as this. It has been reduced. Less than £500 for the cruise and £194 to fly to Ciaro for the day to see the big pointy things!

So jealous Frances!!!

Well, I am struggling this week. On more than one occasion something has passed my lips that shouldn't have. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm not getting weighed until Wednesday so hoping that any damage I have done can be reversed by then. I will be happy to stay the same this week.

I'm thinking that I'm self sabotaging. I don't know why but it seems like self consciously, I am stopping myself losing any more weight. I am fairly happy with how I look now but if I didn't ever lose the rest, I know I would always regret it. I don't know how to keep myself on track now. I feel like such a failure!!!!

Welcome to the club Gemma. I know exactly how you feel It is not 'helped' by people telling you constantly how great you look either, strangely enough lol! It is like your poor brain is deluged with mixed messages.............need to diet, you look OK in the mirror, need to lose more weight, hey you're looking good, need to get to goal or I'll put it back on again, eat, diet, have a little, don't eat. It is a 'mare! Why do you think my last stone has taken so long to come off? In 1 or 2lbs, with weeks of plateaus? I am about three months behind target in reaching my goal weight (my target was based upon losing 3lbs a week).

All I can say on the positive side is that so long as you are buying CD and trying to lose weight, you don't put it on! No matter how many naughty little tastes of things that have passed my lips, while on CD, I have never put on.

So where does that get us Gem? We can keep going like this and we will get to goal very slowly, and it will be s-l-o-w-l-y and it will cost us much more financially. OR we can have a good talking to ourselves, finish the job as we started and get on with a proper maintenance plan.

That's why I have been coming on here lots and reading the main CD thread for posts from people starting out. I am trying to get back to basics and speed my journey to goal. I know we can do this Gemma, and we will!

You'll laugh, but today I have not had my green and white meal. I am actually trying to see if I can get to Wednesday WI Sole Sourcing, to help undo the numerous tastings I have had earlier this week. And it is so HARD, but I want to do it to see what it is like. If I become a CDC I think I need to do SS first, and why not now when I am finding that last push so hard and slow.

We just never thought when we started out that we would have this problem -- that looking good can make it so hard to diet lol!

What about reinventing the CD 100% Club. Or even just giving yourself a star on your signature for every day that you SS 100%? Sometimes visualising it can help, and little things like that break down the week into 'bite-sized' chunks?

Gem, please stick at it. We have come so far, let's keep going until we have a healthy BMI at least. You said that I was gonna get to goal and leave you, but I am still here and I will stay here until you get to goal too (you may have to find a maintenance buddy though!) so you can't leave me until I am at goal at least lol!

25 is the number, Gem. A BMI of 25 is the goal, always will be, no matter how good we are looking now!!

Hey teamies, go check out the team challenge thread, I think we've won this week!!!:bliss::talk017::talk017:

All thanks to you Gem, you star loser! :angel:

Woohoo, my first week on the team and we win.... well done Gem, you won it for us... and well done on being the biggest weight loser this week too.... big "Woohoo"... Big well done to everyone else who lost weight too...

Wow well done everyone! Congratulations to you Gem on your fab loss too!
Well today I have managed to ss for the first time since Christmas! I know its only 1 day but I feel a small sense of achievement lol. Thanks again for everyones support I couldn't do this without you all X x x

Having a full team helped too, so thanks Linda for joining us. I'm so glad that you post as often as you do. It helps keep team morale up I think as well as keeping you on track, don't you think!

Clever shrinking violets doing so well lol!

Hi Jen, Well Done on that! I tried to SS today and couldn't quite do it. I had a W8 spag bol meal pack (only 120 cals) and some lettuce, as well as my 3 CD meals, so you did better than me!

A big pat on the back for you!

morning all, have eaten over the weekend and went for my 8 mile walk yesterday in the peak district (for those who know the area started at Errwood reservoir, to shining tor, cats tor and the cat and fiddle pub for a lemonade and loo break, then back to the reservoir) It was a beautiful day and great company (my lovely bruv whose my best friend and keeps me grounded) even got a bit of a tan (although it could be wind burn) Any way back on ss today and seeing CDC this afternoon (had made toast but threw it in the bin after reading posts from you guys)
I am on leave this week so hopefully can get a good start on this - sons birthday on thurs but he's going karting rather than wanting to go out to our local chinese buffet place for a change.
Have a bit of work to do but am going to see what can wait till back at work. I need this week off to put work into persective.

I'll be on here loads this week I hope, well done to everyone, its great to be team winners again.

hey Jane, if our posts mean even just one slice of toast in the bin then we have succeeded! Well done you as it was you that binned it! Nothing wrong with eating, it is getting back on it which is the hard bit.

I walked too yesterday. On the South Downs in Sussex. A 6 mile circular walk which I planned myself having completed a map and compass course! And I didn't get lost once! There's no stopping me now. I can go anywhere. Lake District next, then the Peak District. Fancy meeting me for a walk in the Lake District this side of summer?

So glad to hear that you have a week of work, and that you will not be faced with a Chinese restaurant later in the week. You enjoy this week off, forget about work and concentrate on you!

And hey, we won the team challenge!! Go Shrinking Violets lol!

hiya, I'm going to the lake district on 15th may for 7 days, staying at Haven site in Flookburgh, maybe we could get together.
We do circular walks usually from go4awalk.com, however did one from country walking magazine with a bit of an addition to make it a bit longer and it was lovely.
I'm in coventry but brother lives in lichfield so I tend to stay over the night before at mums and we go out for the day, .
Am doing helvellyn in may
also have some walks in black mountains organised.
Gonna catch up my peak bagging
J

taking each hour as it comes, have had a delicious toffee and walnut shake, sorted out my mingy skin and am just heading out to sweep the front and pull the weeds out
Be back later

Well done Jane for dumping your toast in the bin. We went to the Haven site in Flookburgh, but just worked it out, must have been 17 years ago this year, doesn't seem that long. I also went for a walk on Saturday, we go geocaching, and I found a 4 mile round walk not too far away which we did with 3 of the boys but we missed our way a couple of times so ended up way over 4 miles and the boys were really tired by the time we had finished, it took us 3 hours, so not too bad.
Have fun on your week off work this week, I think that is what you need to get away from work for a while as it does seem very stressful...

We just did a local one close to us in Essex, we have also been into Central London and did the Central Line geocaches which was fun last summer holidays... We are hoping to go to Hadleigh Country Park on Friday as there are loads there and the exercise will be good as it is a very big park and we will have to walk loads... going to get myself a tetra to take with me..

I'll go google the haven. I've never actually visited the Lake District, just been through parts of it (even though I was based at Warwick univeristy for 3 years!). Strangely enough I was supposed to be going there for the first time in May -- my friend's bf has booked a cottage for his 50th, but they have split up, so it doesn't look like we'll be going!

Is the Haven the name of a campsite in Flookburgh? Can't find it. Just Haven Holidays. I probably wouldn't want to camp for the week, but will look into getting a B&B for a couple of nights so I can go on a couple of walks with you.

Back