The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Guys, I've made a decision re CD. As you know lifes been pretty crap just lately, stress levels are at their peak, relationships not fantastic and works been hideous. All of these are having a pretty big impact on my life at the moment and as you all know I've been struggling to stay on the straight and narrow with SS.
Although I really want to lose this couple of stone I'm not doing my purse or metabolism any good by sole sourcing for a few days and then bingeing. I also feel in a constant state of failure.
I am therefore putting my 10 days of packs away for a couple of months. I need to get some sleep, some exercise and some balance back into my life.
I'm avoiding social situations because theres often food involved but thats where my friends are to give me support which is needed right now and some time out from the rat race.
I don't want to let you guys down and thats more pressure to stick to the programme which is great but currently I'm not sticking to it, which is not helping the team stats.
I really value the support and chat on here and would like if its ok to leave the team but to pop on and off and see how your doing.
so i'm taking a break to get my life back on track, i'm wound up all the time at the moment and feel like the top of my heads going to blow off or I'm going to cry again. Not the best state of mind to sole source.
So get advertising for a new team member and I'll keep an eye on how your all doing
Take care
Jayne

Aww Jayne, I know how hard it can be so don't feel like you are letting us down at all. Just be happy, that's the main thing!

Woohoo we won!!! I can't believe we actually won! I feel so proud!

Frances-thankyou for the great advice again. I am going for weigh in tomorrow but I am going to ask not to be weighed and just get my packs. Tomorrow I will be restarting (AGAIN!!!) and I will be putting a star in my signature for each day I complete SS. That's a good plan Frances, thanks! :D

I know what you mean about looking good being a problem. It's like a curse to me. It's ruining my relationship with Mike and sending me into self destruct mode. I'm enjoying all the attention but it's so hard not to get carried away with it all!!! My friends have invited me over for a house party on Saturday night and some of them haven't seen me since before CD (they are in for a shock!). But Mike doesn't want me to go. His self confidence is non-existant now and he can't trust me enough to go out and not get up to anything. I'm so stressed out by this-I NEED to go out and show off!!! Sounds so selfish but it's how I feel. I just don't know what to do. He is coming with me so I don't see what the problem is but he really does not want to go. What to do!?!? x

Woohoo Gem...........look at you! Loving the new profile pic! You look so glam and brilliant. I just cannot understand why Mike does not understand how important it is for you to celebrate losing all this weight. You have worked so hard to look this good. Wish he could just let you enjoy it and be happy for you. You really need to talk to him about how awful you felt when you were at your heaviest and how happy you are now. Then buy him a male eternity ring or get a tatoo of his name to show him how committed you are to him and tell him to wise up. Why isn't he thinking how lucky he is instead of ruining everything by being insecure and jealous. Men! Give me his email addy and I'll soon tell him what's what lol!

Jayne, you are sooo not letting the team down. You are being very sensible. We know more than anybody how your head has to be in the right place to do this diet and you will come back to it when the time is right for you and finish the job. You have been under so much stress recently, you have got to give yourself a break. And of course you are still a Shrinking Violet, always will be, and we would be most miffed if you didn't keep in touch. And make sure you come on here before you go to the Lake District!

Weigh in tomorrow. Hmmmmmmmmmmm if I lost a single pound I would be over the moon. That is the kind of good/not so good week I have had lol. Fingers crossed I at least glimpse 10 13!

i'm not getting weighed today. i know i have gained a couple of pounds but i want to just ignore that fact and get back on the wagon. i am going to pick up my packs and then start again. and i so will be putting stars on here for each day i complete SS. i NEED to do this. it's so much harder when you feel good about how you look! it's easy to forget that you were fat and then you become complacent and think a little bit of chocolate will do you no harm then WHAM!!! a Cadbury's factory later and 22lbs heavier, you are back to feeling like a blimp.

why do we do it to ourselves???

Awww Jayne what a shame, but it is good that you are sorting out in your head what you need to do. The problem with trying and failing is that it makes us feel worse in ourselves so then we tend to fail all the more, but you have done really well....
Gem, it is very hard to keep at it when you know you look so good, but consider that your bmi is still very high and you need to get that down for the sake of your health instead of needing to lose weight to look good, concentrate on getting your bmi down to a healthy number.
Just had my WI and have lost 5lb, have now got some bars that I will start using on Friday as it is 2 weeks since I started on Friday and see how I go with them, dont fancy the mousses at the moment and I dont like flavoured water so will continue with the shakes and see how I go. Really pleased with the weightloss particularly as it is TOTM and I am definately retaining fluid, because although I have lost the weight my jeans feel tighter... so my aim is to lose 5lb next week and make it 1 stone in 3 weeks.... that would be very good and a great incentive to stick to this diet for another week.... lol and I will eat a bar when everyone else sits down and tucks into chocolate. Good luck with your WI Frances...

Thanks greeneyes. You are right about the BMI. No matter how good I feel and how good I think I look, I am still obese.

I hate that word...OBESE. It's such a 'fat' word.

Argh...I feel severely miserable now :( not looking forward to admitting failure to my CDC again. Oh well, I take it a day at a time and get the rest off.

Whoops...

got weighed after all and have put on a whopping 7lbs. what the hell is wrong with me!??!?

had a huge chat with my CDC though and she really helped me put things into perspective. i need to sort my home life out and fast because it's sending me into self destruct mode.

better update my ticker again :(

Awww Gem, sorry about your weight gain, but maybe it was also the kick you needed to keep going if you see how easy it is to put it back on again... I will look out for your stars each day.

Off to cinema again tonight to see Knowing, I hate cinema popcorn so should be safe there, but last week hubby had cheese on toast when we got back, so I will be saving half a shake to have then just incase... lol

Morning ladies,

i'm so sorry I've not been about.
Things have been pretty crazy with work.
I am please to report I have again stayed 100% and weighed in last night with a loss of...8lbs 1/4 :party0038:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

I am now just 13lbs from goal! :party0049:
Am now in a size 12 and having to ebay all my 14's as they are too big.

Again I must apologise for neglecting the team.
I hope your all well?

D x

well done hun!

well i went out and got my lip pierced yesterday. i know have a nice turquoise labret to match my hair. i figured i deserved a treat and it's something i have wanted to get done for ages. everything's been so pants lately, i need to cheer myself up if i'm ever going to succeed.

good thing is my lip is swollen so unfortunately i am unable to eat comfortably. looks like i will be able to remain 100% today at least! x

Hiya Gem!

oooooh go you on the lip piercing I bet it looks fab!
You must treat yourself sometimes I agree.
Thats why i am booked in and go ahead with having a large tattoo done on my side next month... I cant wait! BRING ON THE PAIN lol

Yeah my OH is soooooooooo not keen on it in fact i would go so far as to say he is against me having it.
I have always wanted it tho and so therefore... he can get bent lol

I also want a phoenix dont on my back.
I will make sure I post a pic after my first sitting. x

Hi well I have no laptop anymore, my house was broken into and they took it and my sons birthday money that i had saved since September.
I will come on as often as possible.
My results are Monday wi was 174lbs now 170lbs 4 off and a dat early so very happy

well as you can see by the absence of stars, i have not even managed a day back on CD yet.

i haven't even tried. things are so crap at the moment. mike and i are incredibly on the rocks. we actually broke up on Sunday. i mean we 'sorted' things and are back in one piece again but i just can't deal with it all. it's making me miserable and then i eat. i wish i could get out of this cycle but it seems to keep taking hold of me again.

i am re-starting today again and i am going to move my appointment to 22nd April and make a real effort to have lost a lot by then.

i am a complete failure!!! :(

hi guys, sorry I wasn't around to do the results, I was in the cotswolds. Just as well I suppose as I don't know how to work a gain into the calculation. But taking just 4 results, and with Dana being our Slimmer of the Week:party0011:, I reckon we had a team result of 2.5% and would have come 2nd! So we ain't doing to badly at all.

Gem, I really am with you ya know, I ate most of a small easter egg over the weekend! :17729: So cross with myself. What am I doing! What is the point of spending money on CD and then doing that! We need to get our act together! :slap:

But poor you going through such a tough time with Mike. You must be distraught.

Theresa, really sorry to read about your break-in. Life really stinks sometimes. Just hope you can put it behind you.

And Dana, you amaze and inspire me. You are really showing that it can be done, even if close to goal. Thanks!

Back