The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

And Dana, you amaze and inspire me. You are really showing that it can be done, even if close to goal. Thanks!

Aww thanks hun!
I must admit I am feeling super fab at the moment! I did go away this weekend to York for a 25th wedding anniversary and knew that there would be alcohol. I made sure I took myself out of Ketosis first tho and I did indulge but am back on it now :0) I dont feel terrible for it, I think I deserved it hee hee

So close to goal I can smell it lol
Although it ALMOST when wrong due to my CDC mixing up dates etc, I ended up having to see another CDC before my trip away who was fab and really helped me out of a muddle.

Gem dont get too down sweetpea.
You CAN and WILL do this, come on girl! x

Right Gem, Saturday is the day. I'm gonna hold you to that! Looking forward to counting the stars! Go look at Abz's diary. She started SSing on Saturday, after a stint on SW!

You CAN get your motivation back. Mind over matter! I'm taking my CD shakes to Egypt for goodness sake!

See I would take them with me too, but whether I have them is a different matter! I have totally lost the plot. Everything else in my life is so messed up, I just can't motivate myself. :cry:

Right girls we really can do it! I have put on quite a lot i think whilst I have been messing around grrrr. I go away in less than 2 weeks and would like to ss until then and 810 whilst away at center parcs. I reckon if i stick at it i can lose 7lbs before then and fit more comfortably in my clothes agin not to mention a dreaded swim suit.
Gem I really know how you feel honest I do, but if we are not careful we will end up back where we started and as miserable as ever. You, Francis and I need to get our heads round this once and for all look how far we have come guys!
put your email addresses on here so I can add you to msn. I think we are going to need all of the support that we can get, but we can and will do this I know we will. X x x

Right Gem, I will also be looking out for the stars in your sig to make sure you are sticking to it. I think that maybe once you have settled back onto CD and are happy that you are doing well, the rest of your problems will settle down too.... I know that when I am unhappy about losing weight everything else just seems worse too.

Well I have just had my weigh in and my CDC told me I lost 4lb, which is 1lb off a stone since I started, but when I checked my card after she had gone my start weight was 13.9 and my weight this week is 12.9 so I have lost a stone which makes my loss this week 5lb again, so really pleased as I thought I had only lost about 2.5lb. Am finding it much easier now and dont live from meal to meal... lol and I dont really miss food at all now, in fact if someone said I could have anything I wanted right now, I dont think there is anything I would particularly want.

Well, I lost a lb this week and at long last have seen 10 something on the scales. I will do the results this week, but I am off to Egypt on Monday so could someone volunteer to do them next week?

To get a percentage you just divide the weight loss by the weight, in pounds, BEFORE the weight loss and then multiply by 100.

So for the team loss you tot up the total weight loss and you need to know the weight they were last week.

Well done on hitting your first stone Linda! You're really rocking now!

Have there been any more weigh ins? Need to know Saturday night/Sunday morning really so I can tot up our percentage. Don't want to miss another week as I think it helps motivate us if we know we are gonna do this, and that it all counts IYKWIM.

Morning ladies!!!

i stayed the same this week so no loss however i am sooooo not upset or demotivated about this. As i said I had a weekend away at easter where I did not follow CD plus I am approaching goal so all in all I think I have done well to stay the same :0)

Hope your feeling better Gem x

yet another restart today. Gosh I can get to about a day ad a half of ss then i eat grrrrr. Gonna stick at it though i really want this weight off. X x x

I have been really hungry today, normally I eat half a packet of shake or bar and spread it out over 6 meals, but after having my half a cranberry crunch bar at lunchtime I was still starving so ate the rest. Are they not as filling as the others or am I just having a hungry day today....
All of you who are having trouble sticking to the diet, I really feel for you, it is so tough, and when you look good without losing those last few lbs it is really hard to stay motivated. Everyone keeps telling me how good I look after losing nearly 2 stone, so I had a really good look at myself in the mirror and could definately see where I could lose another 2, so am sticking to it and not letting them put me off achieving my goal.

Argh! It's not happening ladies!!!

My CDC isn't answering my emails-I think that she has given up on me. And who can blame her!?

I've fallen out with my mum, Mike and I are still extremely rocky, work is becoming a hell hole and I literally am struggling to afford to buy my packs.

I am considering taking a complete break and starting again on 1st June when I come back from holiday. I so need that holiday. I am so stressed out it's just unreal.

I think I may do Slimming World until then just to either maintain or lose a little bit while I'm off CD. I guess I will have to leave the team as you don't want dead weight for a month and a half!!!

When did everything become so crap??? I never thought that getting slimmer would bring so much rubbish with it? :cry:x

Aww Gem, you'll get there. Right now, you've just gotta do what's best for you. I forbid you to leave the team btw. We wouldn't have won the other week without you and you will still be losing on SW. Just don't kid yourself that it will save you that much money IMHO, by the time you buy all the fruit and veg you can have it mounts up.

Linda, I find that I tend to have the whole bar in the middle of the day, as it seems to set me up for the rest of the day, having my 'largest' meal midday. I know the cranberry one has lower carb content than the others but I have never had one. Can you tell me if there is a chocolate covering on the cranberry one? I am just thinking if there is no chocolate, it might be better for my trip for Egypt thaan malt toffee that will melt if I take it out with me.

Well if you forbid me to leave, then I will stay :D

I want to see if I can manage healthy eating. If I can, then I know I can succeed at CD because it's much simpler! I will be back on it before I know it, and I think I will appreciate it more when I do return to it.

Right now I just need to get my head sorted out. My mum and Mike reckon I have changed so much and that I am selfish. It really hurts to have people who are supposed to love you talk about you like that :( x

RIGHT!

I am restarting tomorrow.

I have spoken to my CDC (she thought she had replied to my email but hadn't) and I realised that getting fat again is not going to solve my problems.

I WILL do this this time. I am going to have 1 meal out a week with Mike as something to look forward to and also something to hopefully bring us closer together again.

Wish me luck ladies!!! x

Lots and lots of luck Gem.... lets hope this is now the time and with a meal to look forward to once a week you will be able to stick to it the rest of the time.

Well at long last I am back online, I am afraid I went of cd for 3 days had my wi and sts!!! since then though I have really struggled to stay on it, I binged yesterday so I am trying again today god knows what damage I have done I am not having a wi this week so hopefully by next week I can undo some of the damage.

Hope everyone is well

Best of luck Gem..... I am rooting for you..

I have found out that if I have my shakes hot they fill me up more, plus I double the water so I can have it in 2 lots.... stops me feeling so hungry.

well it's all going very well so far. 2l down and 2 tetras. not feeling hungry and not even tempted to eat! please let this be THE time for me!!! x

Back