The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

hiya Gem, as I said before you ain't going anywhere and as the only remaining founding member of the Shrinking Violets, your place on the team is secured until you get to goal so you have a great time in Scotland, check in when you can, and go for it in June!

Hiya Zoey, we always have space for a determined loser. Welcome on board. Sorry I wasn't online before to welcome you and I hope your week is going well so far.

I stayed the same this week! Boring! But I'm OK about it as I have a new strategy. I reckon the reason I lost so much in Egypt was because I was drinking lots of water, so I am going to test this theory by drinking 4 litres a day this week and see if that gets the scales moving again. I am not doing anything else different, though I must admit that focusing on the water seems to have helped keep me on the straight and narrow. I'll let yous know on Wednesday whether it makes a difference. I know that I have not been as good about drinking the water lately, and that could well be why my losses have slowed.

I wonder how we did last week in the team challenge? I can't find it as the thread has been replaced with this week's one. Have we any results??? I'll check in again in Sunday morning to see.

Come on Team 10, summer is coming, let's make it a slim one!

Hiya Frances, and hi to you too Zoey....

I have lost 5lb this week so pleased with that, looks like cutting out the bars have worked. Off to Alton Towers today and a concert their tonight, so will be a long day, am having one shake before I go and am taking 3 tetras just incase as it is going to be a long day, dont think an extra one will hurt especially as it is TOTM and I have been feeling a bit weak and watery this week...
Have a good holiday Gem...

thanks guys!!!

i'm feeling much more positive and things with Mike are much better. this holiday is just what i need to get me motivated again.

i'm looking forward to 1st june and starting again! xxx

Hey Gem, so pleased to hear you are feeling better these days.

And Linda, WELL DONE on your weight loss!! :wow:Looks like you are our Slimmer of the Week. Unfortunately, we need at least 3 results to take part in the weekly challenge. Hopefully, next week, I will have a loss and we will get back on track again with Zoey on board. Sounds like your theory on the bars worked, and certainly you are right about having a fourth pack on difficult days -- much better to have an extra pack than be tempted to go off plan!
Keep up the good work!

I'm still sticking to my water challenge -- 4 litres today!

Hi teamies!

I lost 1lbs this week.
Weighed in at 143lbs last week and am now 142lbs.

Tis getting there, this last half stone is coming off soooooooooooo slowly!

However to celebrate my weight loss I treated myself to a HUGE tattoo last week and i must say it looks fab! I Shall post pics once it is finished as I still have another sitting to go x

Know the feeling Dana, I too am struggling with that last stone. I stayed the same this week, so well done on you lb! Can't wait to see the tattoo!

Thanks for posting as we now have three results. Even with me sts, we still come in with a 1.29% team result, which is not bad, thanks to Green Eyes (2.9% off!).

Eek, we just missed getting the wooden spoon, by 0.06%, LOL!

Last edited:
my first weigh in will soon come round and i'm hoping to me contributing a nice 12lbs loss for the 3rd time lol!!!

i have realised something about myself that has taken a lot of time to admit. i am a binge eater. i'm so out of control, it's disgusting. if i am ever going to succeed at CD, i need to find a solution to the bingeing.

why are things never simple???? x

Gem, it's a tough one but don't despair as it can be fixed. Lots of people on here have overcome binge eating. I don't have much experience of it but KD would be able to point you in the right direction. It sounds to me that this why CD worked so well for you -- because it cut food out all together. Admitting it is a huge step, as you are aware of it and you can start to examine the triggers for you and understand it better. Hang in there, you can conquer this. xx

Hey Gem, sometimes I sit and think that if my willpower slipped even a tiny bit then I would just ram tons and tons of food into my mouth, I can even picture myself with food coming out my mouth.... but I have to keep a very tight rein on my willpower and wont let even a tiny bit of food cross my lips... my CDC has recommended moving up to SS+ but I wont do it as I cannot trust myself once I eat food whether I will ever stop again, so am committing to another 5 weeks on this diet to try and sort these feelings out before I need to eat again. Yesterday I was so close to giving up and starting a low carb diet as I so desperately craved food, my DH knew I wasn't happy but didn't know why, but it was because I was fighting the food demons... I wasn't hungry, just wanted food, this morning I have got up in a much better frame of mind, but when I got on the scales have put on 1lb since yesterday, it seems like the food I was imagining has managed to make me put weight on... lol. It is a long hard struggle and I am really desperate to make the next five weeks, I hope I dont have too many days like yesterday. Keep your chin up Gem, you will get there in the end...

Well done Linda for fighting back like that. You have come so far and you really will never regret sticking to the diet. Ever!

Weighed in today. Lost 2lbs. Not as much as I had hoped, as I have been glugging 3-4 litres of water a day, but it certainly beats staying the same like last week.

Changed my goal weight to 9 and a half stone (from 10 stone). Just feel I need to shift this little tummy that is out of proportion to the rest of me, and hopefully the extra half stone will do it.

So starting my last stone, again! Onwards and downwards. It's the only way to go!

Well done on your loss Frances, that's excellent, I may well have to change my final weight upwards as I cannot imagine me being 10 stone without looking old and haggard, so will take each week as it comes and have people ready to tell me when I start to look gaunt... so good luck with your extra stone.

I lost 3lb this week, but my CDC has told me she wants me on SS+ this week which is very worrying as I really didn't want to introduce food back into the equation at this point, but have been feeling very light headed (even though I am drinking loads of water) this week. Can you really lose as much weight on SS+ as on SS? I will keep an eye on my weight and if it isn't shifting will resort back to SS...

Now Linda, listen to me as I have lost all my weight on SS+. It is still a very low calorie diet (less than 800 kcals). You will lose the same amount (about 3lbs). The reason your CDC wants you to do it is because it will boost your metabolism so that you go on losing weight again when and if you go back to SS, but you may find that SS+ suits you better now that you have got that inital weight off.

The most important thing to remember is that you are still on a vlcd. So keep the exact same mindset even though you are going to be eating a very small amount of food. TREAT THE GREEN AND WHITE MEAL LIKE IT IS JUST ANOTHER CD PACK! It is not a free for all to eat, just part of the diet. The chicken/turkey or soya will give you protein which you need daily as you do not store it, and the cabbage, cauli or broccoli will give you some fibre. End of. If you are worried about it triggering a need for more food, choose something you don't really like (e.g. I actually don't really like chicken tbh) and keep it plain -- don't try and dress it up, that way you won't be tempted to have more. But most of all, enjoy being able to eat a little and still lose weight!

Good luck!

Gone very quiet on here. Hope I wasn't being too bossy above. It's just that I really think SS+ is great.

Looks like we can't go into the team challenge this week as we only have two results -- my 2lbs (1.3%) and Green Eyes' 3lbs (1.7%) -- and I think you have to have a minimum of 3 results. But for the record our team's loss this week is 1.32%, with Linda being our Slimmer of the Week:party0011:! Well done!

Wow, cant believe I have been slimmer of the week for 2 weeks.... lol seeing as there are only 2 of us I guess the chances are quite high really....
Right, well I had my meal Wednesday night, weighed everything exactly, though find it a bit hard to measure 2 tablespoons of veg, do fresh herbs count as veg and are we allowed them? Are we allowed fresh chillis too? Anyway, I did have fresh herbs and chilli although only a small amount and had the same Thursday and Friday, but when I weighed myself I hadn't lost any weight, so Saturday night I decided not to have a meal and this morning had lost 1lb. Today I have a lot of the family round for lunch and I guess somehow the veggies have knocked me out of ketosis as I am now hungry (the bars also knocked me out of ketosis so I am obviously very carb intolerant) and had a chicken and two small asparagus spears (weighed again), so tomorrow I will get on the scales and see if I have put that 1lb back on, if I have I will be unhappy as that will mean I have lost nothing in 5 days.... I do want to lose 1 stone more on SS and then SS+ until goal which will be 7lb (according to my scales not my CDCs which weigh me 2lb heavier...)
No problem with the advice Frances, advice is always welcome and it was good to hear what you posted...

Linda, I think you really are stressing too much. You aren't supposed to weigh yourself daily, remember. It's OK to have a wee peep now and then, but not if it is gonna depress you like this. You will lose another stone on SS. That is why you need to do a week on SS+. To boost your metabolism so that you do continue to lose.

The low carb meal should not knock you out of ketosis, even with some herbs and chilli, which are fine btw. It is very likely just head hunger because you have eaten, and even if you are not in the pink, you will still lose weight on this diet, even on SS+, because it is still a vlcd, and this diet is based on calories, not being in ketosis, (otherwise you would be on the Atkins diet, eating eggs and bacon every morning!).

You must do what is best for you. If you really want to cut the meal out then do so, but don't cut it out because you think it will badly affect your losses, it won't. You will still lose 3lbs, so long as you are drinking the water, on SS+, over the course of a week.

And no, it is not possible to weigh two tablespoons of veg, just read that as a small portion. Eating a bit of low fat protein is not going to stop you losing weight and it will do you good as we cannot store protein.

Good luck for Tuesday!

I know I am stressing, I just have a deadline for losing this weight... lol before my inlaws come over from Australia, and a stone and a half still seems like a long way to go.... I did eat yesterday, and bad me got on the scales this morning and again I put on weight, so I am going to cut out my meals today and tomorrow ready for weigh in on Wednesday.... I guess this eating did not really sit comfortably with me as I had only done 6.5 weeks on SS+ and was having good losses so not sure why I had to eat... luckily I have realised that it wont bother me to cut the food out again... once I get this week out of the way I will be back to normal... lol

It shouldn't be a problem cutting the meal if this is how you feel. You can actually Sole Source for 12 weeks on the trot. I think your CDC was just trying to help boost your metabolism.

Fingers crossed for Wednesday. Try and up your water to 3 litres days before weigh in. Fx

Well, I stayed the same this week! Boring. Need to get back on my water regime again -- 3.5 - 4 litres a day.

Hope the rest of you do better!

I did very slightly better I lost 1lb.....

Back