The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Woohoo, well done Gem, you are off to a cracking start, keep it up and the weight should fall off, you will be slim for when you move to Wales....

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bliss: Well done Gem! Not only on the 12lbs but on completing a week on SS!

Thanks for the info too.I will look into those courses, as I would just be doing it for fun.

The walking seems to be paying off this year -- lost 2lbs!

Woo well done on the 2lb Frances, you have lost a huge amount of weight too, and less than a stone to go.... so nearly there, just like me, I have WI today but thinking I have only lost 1lb this week, got very disheartened and wanted to move up the plans, was thinking higher plans more exercise, but I think I may stick with it for another week and see what happens, I will see what my CD thinks today. I bought a Abs Slendertone last week and yesterday I realised I could see it was actually working and today DH said, wow you are really losing weight around your waist, I can feel it is slimmer, so I will definately be keeping up with that. Have also put a shirt on this morning in a size 14 and when I bought it, it was a very snug fit, the kind you have to keep pulling down when wearing it, but today it is too big really, I dont think I will keep it when I tidy out my wardrobe, but it is nice and light and will do for WI today... lol

Afternoon ladies!

I hope all is well?
I have just had a wee read to catch up on my absence... GREAT RESTART GEM! YOU GO GIRL!

Well... what have I to report... hmmmm

I'M THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 stone 7lbs! Size 10-12 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

So uber uber uber happy!
Stick at it ladies it can be done... honest!

And also had more goods news this week!
I applied for the police force again last month and... this time I passed the compenency stage (which i did pass last time) as well as security!!!! (which i failed last time due to a caution i didnt disclose)

Whoooooooooooooooooooop! I have my fitness test on 22nd June!
yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I is a little excited!
Soooooo excited that i have just typed alot in italic font and have only just realised lol

D x

Thanks Linda. Very interested in Slendertone. How much did you pay for it? Looking at maybe getting the arm garment too as that is where I really need toning. Howlong do you need to wear it each day?

Welldone Dana on getting to goal.

Trying to do this week's results as I am driving to Northampton tomorrow evening for my CDC training, so I am just going to take you as a lb Linda. If it is more or less can you tweak it?

Our Slimmer of the Week (4.8%) of course is Gemma:party0011:!! Well done on a stunning restart.

Team result: 2.7%

Oooh Frances, I actually lost 4lb this week and dont know how to tweak the thingy.... (not sure how as it was only 2lb on my scales but 4 on my CDCs)...

Good luck with the training today, hope it all goes well...

I bought the Slendertone Abs Max from Argos, think it was around £80, and you can buy the Slendertone Arm one plus the controller which I think you need for the arms for around £90-100 on ebay....
You start off wearing it for 20 mins a day, mine has now worked up to 30 mins, but I also now put it in 2 different places, so that is 30 mins each place, but you can move around and do things so you dont have to actually sit for an hour. Mine also has a special abs crunch setting in which you use it whilst doing ab crunches, haven't looked into that yet as I am always too worn out to do actual exercise. My weight has sts since Wednesday and I am not sure how to actually lose this last stone, not sure if I should move up the plans and join the gym or just keep going with this... problem is once you get to 810 and factor in the extra food you eat each day (chicken breast, white fish) and the cambridge meals it starts to work out expensive, so will give it another week on SS+ and see what happens.

hi all. just popping in to say hi again and have been catching up on posts. Frances how did the south downs way go and how did your cdc interview go. You will be fab, your so supportive and always there.
Gem - great to see you back. Congrats on slimmer of the week and on sticking to it for a week . I just so wish I had that determination.
I've been officially offerred the post at work which will mean mon to fri hours, with no shifts. Bit concerned about the money side as you will prob remember my goal is to pay off loans etc by next may. However I'm really hoping that a more normal lifestyle will mean I can get some sort of routine in terms of eating and exercise. I still have those 2 weeks of CD waiting. One of these days.

Am now back to 14stone 4, but am doin loads of walking. keep it up guys you should be really proud of yourselves
Jayne xxxxxx:happy096:

Woohoo, we won, well done Gem.... all thanks to you, thats twice we have won recently.....

All thanks to all of us!

Gosh things have gone a bit manic for me! I haven't got time to explain it all today but I will pop on tomorrow and spill it all out lol! x

Looking forward to reading all about it.

Yay, we won again. Well done. Really sorry about not recording your fabulous weight loss Linda, it doesn't take away from it one bit as we know, and we won anyway -- would have been worse if those 2lbs had have stopped us from winning!

For future reference, in case I am not here, you get the percentage weight loss by dividing the number of lbs lost, by the number of lbs the person was last week, and multiply the answer by 100. Then for the team's percentage loss you simply add up all the weight losses, and all the weights, in lbs, from the previous week, divide and multiply by 100.

Then you either post it on the Weekly Challenge thread by cutting and pasting the list and slotting us in, or pm Irene.

Good to hear from you Jayne. Glad things are a bit more settled for you. That's got to be better in the long run. Slow and steady does it.

Pretty exhausted from the weekend as I drove from Northampton to Cheshire to stay with Bev, which was great, but 570 miles of driving round trip! The course was very polished and well done but a very strange situation with the FOOD! There were 20 odd CDer's, I'm not sure how many where as far as a maintenance, and they served FOOD! And not just 810 food, but pasta and BREAD ROLLS! Bizarre. They had some Cambridge stuff available but it was in a carrier bag under the registration desk and you had to go and ask for a bar or a tetra???? Myself and a few others just weren't expecting the day to be so challenging foodwise..........of all the places where you think you would feel safe and fully supported they put temptation right in front of you and sort of say, it's OK to break everyone of the diet rules you are here to learn about??? I just don't get it. They didn't even have sweetner tabs but the powder, and they had lemon in the water!

Gotta do a wee test, and pass, obviously, and then I will be able to place my first order.Not allowed to diet someone who has diabetes and have to go back up to Kettering for that module on 26th August and then I will be fully qualified. A bit scary but I think I'm gonna got for it.

Hope you're OK alreadygorgeousGem?!

Well done on that Frances.... bad news about the food though, you would think they would have the diet food out on show as so many people will still be doing the diet...

Gem, how is it going... have you had your WI this week?

I only lost 2lb, but have gone up to 810, well at least my version of 810 anyway... I have decided to add a 150 calories breakfast from the 1000 version and cut out a shake, mainly because I cannot really afford this diet for too much longer and 1 less shake a week makes it a bit more manageable, and secondly, I want to eat meals with everyone now and dont quite want to move up to 1000 yet without reaching goal, so my cal intake is around 850 and I do seem to be losing more weight on it, and I was really scared of reintroducing carbs into my diet, and shredded wheat for breakfast is carbs and it is still going fine... so will let you know what my WI tells me next week.
Have a good weekend all

Well done on the 2lbs! I stayed the same AGAIN! Love the sound of your 850 cal diet. Really I do. Gonna give it some thought as I like the way it is in between a vlcd and 1000 cals. I will have been on this diet moreorless for a year on 25th June. Wouldn't like to think how much it has cost me to stay the same as many weeks as I have lol!

Me becoming CDC ain't happening. They've turned down my application. I can reapply in 6 months but I really want to see how I feel when I have finished the diet. Hopefully I'll have moved on and CD will be a distant memory. Will only apply if I find I am struggling to maintain :)innocent0001:please don't let that be the case......never want to go back).

Only two results this week so we can't enter the team challenge. Well done Linda, you are our Slimmer of the Week :party0011:! You look fab in a size 10. Please tell me you can see the difference now???

:missing:Gem, where are you? :vibes::vibes:

Gosh, sorry guys! I really am a terrible team mate!!!

Basically I have been off the diet for the past week. I ran out of money!!!

With the help of my CDC being a superstar, I am restarting again tomorrow! I have decided this is my final time. If I don't go the distance this time, I will have to try something else!!! x

Hey, I was wondering what was up. That's such a pain about the money running out. It's not a cheap diet that's for sure. I wouldn't like to tot up how much I have spent over the last year -- for tomorrow is exactly a year since I started on W8!

Good to see you back and fingers crossed this time you get your mojo back and a clear run to GOAL! I lost a pound this week. Woohoo. I would give anything for the losses I was getting this time a year ago! Hoping that will inspire me to get back to basics (fills water glass!).

Well done on your 1lb Frances... Gem I hope you get back onto your diet, I am also running out of money for it, so have moved up to 810 but have a 150 cal breakfast and cut out a shake instead so now I only have 2 shakes a day, which seems to agree with me although the calories are slightly higher because I have lost 3lb this week and I ate out on Sunday as it was Father's Day, and I ate what I wanted instead of picking the healthiest option, but usually we would have had a starter, main course and dessert, we skipped the starter... so really pleased with my weightloss this week... only 9lb to go now, although wont make it by my original deadline of 5th July, so have changed that to 12th July, not sure I will make it then either, but sometime soon after that I hope, then I will start to move up the plans...

Frances, sorry to hear that your CDC application was rejected, what a bummer, will you try again at a later date?

Have a good week all.

Really want to see how I feel when I am no longer on CD, in six months' time, as I imagine I might feel differently about it. It does involve a certain level of commitment -- I know exactly how I would feel if my CDC couldn't weigh me at the same time every week.

Really do like the sound of your diet at the moment and the fact you have lost 3lbs on it sounds fab. Really am going to look into it. Getting the price down by seven packs would make a difference and I like the idea of weaning myself back onto real food gradually.

Back