The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Right, I'm back (again!)!

Getting really sick and tired of this stupid diet now and the fact that I can't seem to stick on it for longer than two days. I mean what the hell is wrong with me?!?

Good luck Gem, once you get past the first week you should be okay...

Right come on Gem, this is getting serious! Summer is here and you really want to do this so start thinking tactics. I will give you all the support you need, but you need to commit to this. When you were going great guns you were on here every evening..........and there is a direct correlation between you going awol for a few days and coming off the diet, so......... I too need a kick up the bum or I am going to be on this diet for another year trying to lose this last stone so.......I too will come on more. PM me your moby if you want a diet buddy for the next stone.

Well done on your 3lbs loss Linda, at this stage in your weight loss that is truely inspiring. Slimmer of the Week for you but once again we only have two results so can't post on the team challenge. If anyone has any more ideas about recruiting a new member go ahead. I find it too disheartening tbh to find someone who disappears before we even get to know them. Much rather be solid team of three than a different six every week. And we are solid, and we are getting there! Right?

Right!!!

I am determined this time. Restart tomorrow and I am just going to push through it. I want to be back at 14st 7lbs when I go to uni in Sept (if I get in that is-still waiting to hear back!!!).

It's only three months and then I will be back where I was. I was happy there even though I was still 3st from goal x

That's a good place to aim for and perfectly achieveable in 3 months. You know from before you just got to get past the first day, then 3 days, then once you have a week under your belt you will be well on your way. Back to basics! We can do this! Keep in touch!

Awww Gem, where are you?? Why is this diet so hard?? We all so want to lose the weight and we can lose it so quickly on this diet, but it is just so hard to stick to, I am hanging on by the skin of my teeth, but I am lucky and dont have much more to lose, dont think I could live with myself if I didn't get to goal now...

Know its my totm but how can I be 10 stone 5 lbs and feel so overweight. My tummy is huge and feel really incomfortable. I honestly feel like I have put on 3 stone overnight. Here's hoping this will keep me on the straight and narrow.

It is a struggle this last stone and it is going to take forever. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing full well if I come off it I will gain weight rapidly. I am sort of trapped into seeing this through to the end.

Frances, I drink a cup of dandelion tea every morning as it is supposed to be a natural diuretic. I find that although I do retain a small amount of fluid at TOTM it doesn't actually affect my weight loss. It is my TOTM this week, we shall see what I lose tomorrow at WI.... I really do think this makes a difference as when I was on weight watchers and didn't drink the tea I never had a loss TOTM week....

Awww weighed myself on my scales this morning and have put on 0.2lb, probably because I haven't been to the toilet for 3 days, have taken some tablets last night, hope it sorts itself out by WI.... lol

I put on 2 whole pounds, not 0.2! Can't really believe it. Could water retention really cause such a huge gain? Had some strawberries at the weekend (without the cream I hasten to add) just couldn't resist them.

Hohum, not hopeful that I will get rid of them this week either as it's my birthday on Friday and even with the best will in the world I know my sis will make me a cake. Eeek.

Awww Frances, it could be water retention, it does seem to weigh quite a lot.... strawberries aren't too bad for you especially without the cream, they only have 27 calories per 100g and 6g carbohydrate...
I am hovering again around 10stone 7lb, was 10.6.6, then went down to 10.6.4, then went down to 10.6.2 yesterday I was up to 10.6.4 and today down to 10.6.2 again, I hate it when this happens as it then takes so long to move down again, this happened at around 11 stone too. I am now in a bit of a dilemma... I went to Next yesterday and bought a top, I took a size 10 and 12 into changing rooms to try on and of course tried the 10 first which swamped me, daughter had to get me an 8 which fit lovely, the reason I think for this and not the normal size 12s I buy is because it was not fitted around the tummy, hence my shoulders etc are a size 8 but because of my tummy it makes me a size 12 in fitted tops and the dress I have bought for a party in a weeks time, but I bought a different top on Tuesday and had to get a 10 in that too, in hindsight an 8 would have fitted better but just couldn't believe I could possibly be an 8. So.... I was going to stay on 810 until I reached goal, but should I move up the plans now and start going to the gym to tone up instead and have my goal weight as 10stone 7, as I really dont want to be skinnier than a size 8 on top and size 10 bottoms, but obviously need to tone up my stomach region and everywhere else I have lose skin, like top of legs, top of arms etc.... any suggestions?

Any vacancies?

Hi - you posted yesterday that you may have a vacancy in your team? Is that still the case? I'm new to the site, haven't got a clue what I'm doing but am a great team player and really need some motivation! I've lost over 3 stone on the cd and still have over 3 stone to go but am a bit stuck at the moment. Can I join you and what do I have to do?

Best wishes, Amanda x

hi Amanda,
You've come to the right place! We're all a bit stuck and fighting on to our goals together. All you have to do is come on this thread when you are on minimins and say hello really. Let us know your weigh day, you weight before you weighed and your loss for that week. The results for the team challenge need to be calculated and posted by 6pm on a Sunday. I usually do this. We need at least three results to post the challenge. Some weeks we do well and some weeks we don't have enough results to post. But we would far rather have a new friend than the results so please don't disappear if you don't have a weight loss.

Ask any questions you have. If you are half way on your weight loss journey this site, and hopefully the Team 10 thread, will really help spur you on. Stick with us and we will see you right! Welcome!

Frances

Linda, I am very much in the same boat as you (although I have never tried on a size 8!!!!!). I'm 5. 3 and hoovering around the 10 and half stone mark and think I am roughly a size 11 at the moment. Some 12's are too big for me and some 10's are too tight. On top, I know what you mean. I have a lovely white patterned top from Next which is a size 10 petite and it is gapping a little on me and I am thinking now I should have tried the 8 -- it didn't occur to me.

Right, this is what I think. First of all, my BMI is 26. If I get to 10 it will be 24.8 so struggle on I will to get under 25 before I think of stopping. Then there was this programme on telly which said forget BMI, your waist should be less than halve your height for you to be a healthy weight. My height is 63 inches and my waist is 32 inches -- so I have got to lose at least another inch.

Then apart from all that, I have a right little tum. It is so strange as my hips and waist are tiny and this seems to accentuate my tum even more. People say to me that it will not go unless I do an extrordinary amount of exercise and toning and that women are supposed to have curves etc. Now I don't mind having curves. Like you I don't want to be skinny, tiny, tiny, just a normal size, but something just ain't right about the size of this tummy. My theory is that there is still fat there. Your tummy is the last place for fat to go as it is nearest your heart -- you always lose weight from your extremities first. I am being very careful not to go too far, and I am aware that I am now at my lowest weight in my adult life but I want to get to at least 10, and perhaps 9 stone 9lbs which I read was the ideal weight for my height, and age, and just see if it does make any difference to this wee tummy. If I am a size 8 on top so be it -- we must have a small frame because we are within a healthy weight range. And if the tummy is still there, then I will work on toning and accepting it.

Hope this helps, but you always have to do what feels right for YOU!

Well, after a lot of thought I have decided to move up the plans and join the gym, so yesterday I had the 1000 cals, seemed like tons around dinner time last night, had to have my fruit later on in the evening as I had saved a tetra, frozen it and had it after my dinner... this morning I get on the scales all prepared for a gain and I have lost 0.4lbs.... hmmmm not sure how that works. My scales also calculate my bmi and according to my scales at 10.5.8 my bmi is 24.9 which means I also have a healthy bmi.... lol

I also spoke to a very nice man from the gym yesterday, he said another lady who has done cambridge diet goes to the gym there every day, and she has lost 4 stone like me (well at official WI I am only 2lb away) and for an extra £20 when I start, I can have a personal trainer do a full health check and they will devise a plan for me too, he knows I would still like to lose weight if possible and that my problem area is my tum, he says there is a 30 min class especially for tums, but I told him I am so unfit I would not last a 30 min class at the moment.... lol He also knows I am on 1000 cals at the moment and I intend to work up the cals, but I get 4 assessments over the weeks for my fitness plan and so it can be adjusted as I work up, so its looking good at the gym, I will pay monthly but can cancel with just a months notice, so not tied in there if I change my mind at any stage. So at the moment that is my plan.... unfortunately I have several social occasions at the moment, this weekend we are in London to see The Killers on Sunday night, but will probably be meeting up with MIL for a meal Sunday afternoon, but I will eat sensibly and leap around like a looney at the concert... then the following weekend, all day party for MILs 50th birthday and she will be doing loads of cooking, will just have to have my willpower hat on that day, and the following weekend it is hubbys birthday and inlaws will be coming here, I guess at some point we will have a takeaway, but something like tandoori chicken shouldn't be too bad, then 2 weeks after that we will be on holiday for a week.... but should be running myself ragged cleaning out our caravan, packing etc, so will probably lose weight before I even get there.... lol

Hi Amanda, welcome to our team, any questions just ask and one of us will try and help you out, and hopefully we will all be able to motivate each other to losing this weight...

Hi everyone

Thanks for that! My weigh in is on a Saturday morning but this week I know I have gained, but I'm hoping that will be the last time I let you all down. I'm (supposed to be ) doing sole source but got a fed up and started eating, but not the next stages as I should have done - all the naughty things I shouldn't have!!! It's my birthday on Tuesday and I'm going out to our local Indian restaurant with some friends but I've already decided that I'll have a shake before I go and the tandoori chicken - shouldn't be too bad then! My trouble week will come the week after when I'm going up north of Blackpool to do a chicken keeping course, staying overnight in a hotel and bringing the chickens back the next day. The timing of the course means I'll miss the dinner opportunity which is good because I can just make my shake up but not sure I'll be able to bypass the full english the next morning! Then on the Saturday I'm going on a cupcake making course which has been booked for months. Those are my main challeneges over the next couple of weeks. On a brighter note, my CD counsellor has set up an exercise class which is like circuit training almost military style (it was really hard work last week) and I've got that tonight which I'm looking forward to. Thanks for letting me into your team and I look forward to chatting with you all. Best wishes, Amanda x:wave_cry:

Sounds like a great plan, Linda. Listen to your body and slowly increase the amount of exercise you do and you will be amazed at how quickly you will get up to 30 minutes. I remember when I first went running on the treadmill, it went nuts and started flashing Dangerous heart -rate LOL. It didn't do it the next day and by the end of just a week my heart rate was in a comfortable training zone!

Amanda, you ain't letting anyone down, just come on and tell us how you are doing. I put on 2lbs this week. We all know what it is like trying to diet with the stresses and strains of life.....and totm!! Don't forget to ask for some lettuce with your tandori chicken -- I have lost all my weight using SS+ and I have never come across an Indian restaurant that didn't serve tandori with a bit of salad. I just ask for an extra portion instead of rice. Doing the same thing tonight for my birthday.

I have complete and utter respect for people who can SS, although it wouldn't seem such a big leap to me now (to go from SS+ to SS) and I often miss my meal and have a shake instead if I am on the run. But having been on SS+ for a year now I have found that I am able to disassociate myself from food so that things like a big fry-up wouldn't tempt me now. I have often taken my porridge to B&B's and they have even made it better than me sometimes!

Good luck, whatever you do and fingers crossed for tomorrow. Drink lots of water, as sometimes it really works.
Frances

Back