The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

yay jayne's back!!!

coming back on here gave me the complete kick up the ass that i needed!

i just post my results the day i get them. it's different every week for me as i work stupid shifts! x

Yeah we just post them the day we are weighed and Frances makes anote and submits, but the last 2 weeks we haven't had enough to submit or some of us have put on and haven't been able to use our weights.... doh!!

hi guys, still going, had a little waver earlier but am just knackered I think. First day in new role and have information / jobs to do overload. Good though, things to get my teeth into. Got an office, computer doesn't work and phone won't ring out but nothing that can't be sorted
loads of water drunk today and just having 5 mins. Need a good nights sleep so shan't be late to bed tonight. Hows everyone doing

just a mental waver not an eating one. Still going strong. Meant to get to step tonight but not home in time. must try harder

Well done Jayne, glad it was just a mental waiver and not a real eating one, hope your new job is less stressful and you get your few problems sorted quickly.

Hi guys - just checking in. Hello Jayne nice to meet you. I've finally managed to get back into ketosis - feel so much better for it!!! Off to Garstang nr Blackpool tommorrow to do a chicken keeping course, staying over in a hotel and then bringing four ex-battery hens home!!! Hope I don't get tempted to deviate from the diet! Had my information gathering session for the hypnotherapy/NLP stuff and she's going to regress me on Thursday to find out why I have the eating problems I do. I'm a bit nervous about that!!! I'll keep you all posted! Good luck and best wishes to you all x

Wow, it sounds like you have lots of things to keep you busy lately amjane!

Well done Jayne for sticking to it! I am feeling poo again. Sore throat, headache, and stomach ache :sick:. Not a good day! Weigh in tomorrow and my scales are still showing a gain. Only 2lbs this time but I can't see that I am going to be anywhere near my CDC's target. Oh well, it has only been 3 4 days since my weigh in and I was poorly. I have been good though so to see a gain really p*sses me off! :banghead: :badmood: :grumble: :rant2: :flamingmad:

Gem, my scales showed a gain a while back, and I texted my CDC to say I had been 100% and I had gained, but when she came round next day for my official weigh in I had actually lost weight, and in my yellow card it says A loss, panic over, so I wouldn't worry too much, it is bound to show a loss tomorrow even if it is a small one. I had a 1lb gain last week, but so far this week it is looking like I have lost 2lb which is good as I am on 1000 plan... so if you dont lose it this week stay 100% and it will come off next week. If you give in you wont lose at all... stay strong and think about Uni and your new life there...

Thanks hun,

I think I am panicking about everything! I have so much to do and the last thing I want is to be fat when I go there and feel uncomfortable.

I'm just on such a downer at the moment. I feel like a whale!!! :needhug:

thanks Linda, I'm still going strong. Sure the job will be fine once I've got myself sorted - just first day collywobbles

hI Amanda, I'd love to have chickens. The hypno regression sounds intriguing can't wait to hear more

don't give up Gem, it'll be ok, I'm still going you'd be proud of me, (hey in fact I'm proud of me) went to conference today and they'd really pushed the boat out, bacon batches on arrival, lovely lunch, afternoon cake, - what did I have 3 litres of water and several black coffees. Was with a group of women from work who said "are you not eating" - answer - will have something at home later - no pressure, just told to come and keep company. All in all a good day. In ketosis too. Tired as haven't slept well the last couple of nights, lay there making a determined decision not to come downstairs as danger of fridge attack. Back to day job tomorrow. got another extremely hectic one. However I'm hoping the keto energy spurt will get me through. Still planning to go out for that meal with friend on friday and have different friends for dinner the following friday. Going to sole source all other days and do the atkins. The following sat (1st) i have a wedding to go to, so need a plan that doesn't restrict my life. Can only do my best. Danger period still not over, have got to day 6 before and caved but hoping that having a clearly defined plan like above may be the answer. Just doing my best. Maybe the st johns wort are starting to work and the brain fog is clearing

TTFN - going to watch holby, ghost whisperer then bed.

Jxxx

well done jayne, i am very proud of you!!!

i gained 2lbs this week! what the hell??? i have been 100% and i gained!

it's really bugged me because this is the first time i have made it through the second week 100% (since the first time) and this is how i am rewarded!!!

oh well, it's made me more determined to lose a shed load this week!!! x

Awww bad luck on the gain Gem, especially if you have been 100%, I gained 1lb last week and had stuck to it properly, but this week I have lost 2lb, so happy with that, you are bound to have a huge weightloss next week, probably just fluid retention or something. Stay strong and dont give in.

Hello all Gem - sorry to hear about your gain - there's nothing worse when you know you've done it all properly. Don't lose heart though because it will definitely show up next week! Do you have room to increase your water slightly? That may help a little. I've stuck to it like glue so far this week and I get my weigh in on Saturday morning (right before I go off to do my cake making course!!!! ha ha) so I'll let you know. The hens have arrived - they are so cute! There's only one that's really quite bald and scrawny (they are battery rescues!) - the others aren't bad at all! They need to stay in their run/coop for five days and then they can free range (when I'm home to keep half an eye!). Already the complaints have started from our horrible neighbour ... (who has a road between his property and ours!!!!) but oh well, he'll get over it!!!!! Normally I'd get myself all wound up and angry and then eat but I'm just telling myself he isn't worth it and he's not worth breaking the diet for!!! The regression hypnotherapy is tommorrow so I'll let you know how that goes. I'm quite nervous about that! Well I'm starving now so I'm going to have an iced cappucino shake I think! Keep all your hard work up! Amanda x

hi guys, sorry I haven't been around. Was away at the weekend and didn't get back until Monday night and since then I have been having a 'mare with trying to play catch up with my workload at the moment. It is the worse kind of 'mare -- stuff that I just can't do, no matter how many hours I put in.

Enjoyed catching up on you all and the biggest thing that struck me was hey we're doing it! Regardless of the fickle, fickle scales, we are all in the right mindset and are dieting. That is all that counts. The weight loss will follow. Good to see you back Jane (and yes, as Linda says you never actually left the team so you can't exactly rejoin!). And Amanda I love reading about your hens! Pics please! You really do pack it in and still manage to diet!

Good news is I managed to lose 2lbs somehow. I just hope I can keep it up but tbh I don't really know how I managed it. D'ya know what I mean? I have had much better weeks when I have sts!

We need to have the results by Saturday night/Sunday morning as Irene needs them by 6pm on Sunday. Sorry not to submit your fab weight loss Gem, but if you can just take your weight loss from what you have lost from restart I will use that this week so it is included.

I am a bit concerned Gem that you are not weighing in at the same time every week. That is soooo important and it is the once thing that I have really stuck to no matter what is going on my life because your weight fluctuates so much during the week never mind during the day. I know you work shifts but didn't you used to get weighed on a Saturday morning before? If not, it might be worth investing in some decent scales and weighing yourself at the same time every week? I really think that it will make a difference as you are not getting an accurate measure otherwise.

Hang in there, and remember, if you are posting on this thread, you are doing it!!!

thanks guys!

amanda i already drink 3l. i used to do 4.5l but it makes me feel sick now.

i know i will have a big loss next week-i can feel it in my water lol! x

my its busy on here today, thats fantastic. Still going strong, decided not to go to the leaving do tonight, too early in the scheme of things even though i planned not to eat, it would have been difficult not to cause a scene. Am still going out friday and am hanging in there, will need kick up the a.s on saturday to make sure that I go straight back to sole sourcing. Does anyone know whether if I can't get straightforward chicken, will salmon or steak be ok, just trying to be prepared.
another busy day in new job, have lots more info now about whats currently going on, what needs doing and how I'm gonna get there. Want to get to the weekend so can have a day or so of sorting myself out and then think I'll feel better. Am starting to get the keto activity boost, and didn't think about food all day at work, lots of water too
hang on in there girls. don't worry gem you'll lose loads next week
J

I'd go for salmon instead of steak if I were you Jayne. Best to stay away from red meat I would have thought! x

Hello everyone! Hope you're all okay. Well the hens have settled in (we spent 10 minutes chasing one round the garden at 9.30pm) and I had to go and remove three of them from the nesting box and put them on their perches! It will be interesting to see what happens tonight! I must have spent an hour or so watching them on the tv last night (we've got a camera in there) and one of my hens snores!!!! How funny! I have no idea how to upload photos onto this site otherwise I would show you! Had my regression hypnotherapy today - very weird! I've had hypno before but always been unconcious and never known what's been said. Today I was expected to talk back whilst under! I cried at my earliest memory of being 7 and stealing biscuits and crisps out of the cupboard, then she made me talk to the little me and give words of advice for her. After I felt like a huge weight had beenlifted off me. When I got off the couch I felt really drunk and it took me a good five minutes to pull myself together!!!! Very strange. I now have to monitor how I feel before I go back for my next session on Monday and then she will use NLP techniques on me. Weighed myself this morning (informal) and I'm around a 4lb loss but I never like to take it for granted until I've had my official weigh in. Drinking plenty of water which does really help and I feel so dehydrated now if I don't drink it! Also had to go to the GP for my yearly blood test and they did my BP today which was normal for the first time in 10 years! (I'm on maximum medication for high blood pressure - and despite that it still usually registers high!) Good luck with your challenge Jayne - mine is Saturday on my cake making course but I've instructed my friend she is to try and deter me as much as possible from eating the cakes! I know if I did it would be so hard for me to get back into ketosis again! I'll speak to you all on Saturday - after my weigh in and cake course! Byeeee Ax

Back