The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Yes, Jayne, pass on the steak. Forget Atkins, think cals. Also don't forget to look at the salads. I always find there is either a chicken ceasar or a salad nicoise on offer and I just ask for them with dressing on the side -- and don't touch! With a bit of tuna or chicken with lettuce, you really can eat out and still lose -- I know this, because I have lost all my weight on SS Plus.

I've lost 11 lb - go me hey!!!!!!!!

starting weight 202lb
weight today 191 lb

got to go cos on way to work, thanks for the advice about eating out tonight, should manage ok and heres to another week.

Woohoo, well done Jayne and enjoy your meal out tonight....

well done jayne! remember this feeling when you are tempted!!!

i'm feeling like a bag of crap this morning!!! i haven't felt well for days now. not sure what's up with me. could just be stress and stuff. hmm...hope it goes away soon!!!

frances!!! thank heavens you have returned to us! i have missed your words of wisdom!!! x

Oh God.

I have just made the biggest bowl of Ready Brek with golden syrup...

I came upstairs to bed with it, ate half and have managed to have the willpower to stop myself and throw it away.

Okay, so I had a blip BUT I have never found the willpower to stop eating anything. I even brought a packet of chocolate digestives up with me to have a mega binge but I have put them to one side. Will get Mike to take them to work with him tomorrow.

Why do I do this??? Hopefully it's not too much to cause a gain. We shall see....

I wish I had that Ready Brek right now! I'm so angry and upset! Just had a huge row with Mike all because he doesn't want me going out tonight. I don't ever go out and tonight I have been invited to go for a meal with a female friend (I'm sticking to chicken!!!) to catch up before I leave. He has kicked up a stink and basically told me to move to Swansea on my own and that he should never have put up with me for so long. He's stormed off and reckons he isn't coming back.

He's said it before but this time seems different. I think he really means it. I don't know what I'm going to do if he does mean it. It's scary enough moving to the other side of Britain let alone doing it and coping with a relationship breakdown aswell!!! :cry:

i'm here for you Gem, don't give into the ready brek. You have been here before (several times I think if you look back) - at this point you dont' know whats going to happen, and your a strong woman able to deal with what gets thrown at you. I know its hard, and yes you may well stumble along the way but you will come out the other end whatever happens. You can't control what Mike does but you can be in control of what you do, start by staying strong and dealing with what comes up a bit at a time. PM me if you want to chat and i'll give you my number
I'm around all day (was going to moan about the amount of work to do but thats nothing in comparison to what youve got going on
You've every right to go out tonight, you've respected him by telling him your plans, you weren't asking for permission just informing him. Nothing stopping him going out. He should be glad that you have a support network outside your relationship . J xxx

Thanks hun,

I have spoken to him and we have sorted things out. He was angry because I got defensive but I think I had every right to! He didn't mean what he said and he has taken it back although I told him he has a lot of making up to do and that he should think before he opens him mouth because one day I might not be around and he will regret telling me he shouldn't have put up with me.

Please do moan about your work! It will give me something to read! Luckily I have the whole office to myself today so I am relaxing with my water and re-reading Harry Potter. I know I am a kid at heart!!! I'm not busting my gut to get things done when I only have 7 weeks left here. I always make sure I get everything done in the week so if I work a weekend, I can read a book, surf the net and generally doss about and just answer the phone. Bliss!!! x

Just added a weight chart of my WHOLE CD journey...just goes to show how much dicking about I have done!!! I was way below my current first target and I totally stuffed it up!

Nevermind, lesson learned and I am determined now. I was tempted to cancel my meal out tonight but I won't. I will use it as a kiss goodbye to food for the time being and I am going to smash my target! I have 9 weeks until I start uni. I want to be at 15st when I go. That means I need to lose 4lbs a week. I can do that...

hi hon, glad you've sorted it
Just ate a wrap and a packet of crisps, knew i shouldn't have gone out last night
stressed to the eyeballs, feel totally out of control with work and am very disorganised. My men have gone off to cosford LMA air show, (they fly model planes) so have the house to myself#
Theres paper everywhere and I'm trying to get on top of the mountain (and believe me there can't be many trees left). I'm trying to sort my diary and try and prioritise a bit before the next onslaught. Need to get back to it for a while. Think my problem is rather than just entering into calendar and tasks and chucking rubbish and filing the rest I keep starting doing the actions, which means the ones I fancy doing are getting done and not the ones that need doing

Any idea how to either lift a flow chart out of a pdf file to change, or to use the diagrams bit in word. 15 year olds gone out so no one to ask here
J

Erk not really sure I am the best person to ask. Not very IT literate! Might be better to ask in the forum and see if anyone else can help you!

My friend has just informed me that she wants to go clubbing tonight instead. I'm really not up for it but I feel like I have to go now :confused: I sort of want to but I'm too self conscious and have nothing to wear!!! Argh!!!

Definitely try to get organised. I find that having a good sort out and getting everything organised leaves me feeling much for optimistic and motivated x

Scrap that, am not going.

Some friend she is! I wanted a night with just us two having a quiet meal and a catch up and she would rather go out clubbing with hoardes of people.

Story of my life...

Looks like another night in on my own because I really can't handle being in a big group right now. I just don't have the confidence :cry:x

wheres mike tonight, you could do a bit of a.s licking and tell him your staying in because you'd rather spend time with him that mate, doesn't need to know you don't want to go now

i just told her i didn't want to go but she talked me into it. mike's working :(

maybe i will have a good time. i won't be drinking but not having to drive either which is good. we'll see. it might be what i need to cheer me up.

i just keep thinking people will look at me and be like "oh. you haven't lost that much weight after all" and that's just a silly way to think!!! x

i'm sure you'll have a good time when you get there. I know how you feel when you've been down to a kind of good weight for you. Its annoying that we let that slip away but as I've said to you before we're going to have to battle this forever. Don't be hard on yourself, your a great person, with a great personality, in the scheme of things those are the things that count. Just enjoy Jxx

thanks hun,

i will try to have a good time it's just the whole "i have nothing to wear", "my arms are too fat", "my legs are too fat" thing that gets me down.

i want to be able to wear anything i like and not feel self conscious. will probably never happen but that's my aim! x

I know,I've gone from wearing a uniform for 25 years to wearing civvies this week, I've got no clothes (well thats a lie, Ive loads of clothes in a suitcase in the loft that I can no longer get into). Going to have to sort it. George at asda here i come
Pile of stuffs not going down much, its going to be a long evening

my friend is going to let me raid her wardrobe. it sucks a bit because a couple of months ago i was smaller than her! gosh i sound like such a cow!!!

i'm going to treat myself to a clothes shopping spree when i get to goal. at the moment i have tonnes of clothes that i bought and nearly got into but now i will have to wait again. never mind.

got a lovely black satin skirt that would have been perfect for tonight but it's a size 14...oh well! such is life! x

just have a great time, and go easy on yourself. TTFN. Going to bury myself back under my pile of paper (its starting to look a bit better somehow) Jxxxxx

well i wish i had never gone.

it was awful. my 'friends' basically pushed me out (except the one i was originally going with-she was fine).

i seem to have no real friends right now and that sucks! i want female friends that can come over and watch movies with me and have girly nights with etc. i'm hoping i will meet some people in Swansea but i'm so nervous and self-conscious that i worry i won't make friends easily.

how can i be nearly 25 and yet have no friends? i've always been the one who gets left out.

sorry, i'm feeling sorry for myself this morning :sign0163:

Back