The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hiya everyone, where do I start. I don't want to come on and make excuses bottom line is I didn't stick to plan at all last week. I'm starting again today. I've done it before i'm sure I can do it again. I'm feeling really depressed today, so bad that i've called in work sick. I feel so run down, sick, tired etc. I'm sure that a completing a week on ss I will feel so much better as atleast I'll be working in the right direction.
We have just found out that my Nanna has terminal cancer. She went into hospital with a bad leg, they did x-rays etc but couldn't find anything wrong. A few days went by and the pain was getting worse so they did a scan which revealed a break to the femur. The doctor was adamament it wasn't there when my nanna arrived in hospital, so further tests were carried out which revealed cancer which had started in the lung and spread to the bones and other organs (hence the broken leg) Its so sad as my Grandad has terminal lung cancer too, he has lived with it for a year now though, but we have been told my nannas is more agressive and she may only have weeks left.
Well done on getting back on track Gem you have inspired me to keep on the right track. I can do this X x x

Awww Jayne, how awful about your grandparents, so sorry to hear that. Hope you are bearing up okay.

Well done on sticking to your SS Gem, the scales should move loads by next week.

jen, sad to hear about your Nanna. Dont worry if you couldnt stick to your plan completely. we all have been gone through this adn when we can come back on track so can you. So cheer up!

Despite on being antibiotics, i think i have lost a little weight. tomorrow is my official weigh-in so i will update my weight tomorrow.

yesterday i had my weight checked and i have lost another 1kg. i will update my tracker in a while. feeling quite better as a little more closer to my goal.

well done happyway! that's a great result!

my scales were showing a 4lbs loss until i was ill yesterday and didn't have my packs and only drank 1.5l of water. i have no apparently gained 3lbs back! :cry:hope i can shift it by tomorrow!!!! x

Hi guys, I am back. Was only away for a week but my feet have hardly touched the ground since I have been back as I put seeing people off until my return and then the work has started piling up again.

Really sorry I didn't get on to the do the results on Sunday but I have a record of our weights when I last did the results and I will go by the current weight on our profiles to ensure that all losses are accounted for.

I lost 2lbs in the two weeks that included my holiday so I am quite chuffed with that. I have certainly proven to myself that I have changed. I had a lovely time, and did drink Sangria every day but was amazed to find I wasn't tempted to overeat. In the week I had one paella (my absolute favourite) and one ice cream (and thought nice, but don't need any more!). Apart from that I stuck to SS+ eating loads of salad with a bit of grilled fish or tuna.

I am now 10 stone 4lbs, the lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life.

Attachments

• sitges4.jpg
    sitges4.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 26
Much better thankyou x

Yes I am although I will be gutted if I have gained because of one day of being ill. It's not even like I cheated but ho-hum. What will be will be! x

Oooh and I meant to tell you - Mike got the job!!!

It means we are full steam ahead for Swansea even if we have done no packing as yet! x

Woohoo, Frances you look fab in your photo and congratulations on getting to your lowest weight... excellent news especially as a week of that you were on holiday.

Gem congratulations to Mike on getting the job, bet you are really excited now that you can go no matter what... uni here you come!!

Well I lost 3lb this week, not sure how but means that I am now 9 stone 13lb, the lowest weight I have ever been in my adult life.... used to hover around 10stone 4 after I had my first few children, then it just kept gaining after that... lol

Sorry guys, I've stayed the same again!

I'm sort of grateful for that though because I have had no packs and minimal water for the past few days so it could have been a huge gain!

I'm still feeling peaky but will be trying to get back on track today. Here's hoping for mammoth loss next Friday! x

i can't believe another weeks flown by. I've had hubby's birthday and meal (yum) and this weekend its bro's 40th. Going walking tomorrow with him but after do tonight probably won't be far. Then am going to do something. Not necessarily sole source but maybe ss+ or one of the higher levels. I really need to get a grip
got to run now but will try and get on tomorrow when i get back
J

Hi guys,
I am so sorry I did not get the results in. I have been run ragged with work and then seeing friends all weekend. Here I am at 2am trying to get some work finished, having been out all day Sat with one friend and all day today travelling up to London and back to see another!

Just thought I'd let you know that Linda is our Slimmer of the Week (2.15%)!!!! Well done! You rock! And our team percentage was 1.60%, which is not bad. In fact, it's pretty good! Well done! The winning team got 1.79% so we weren't far off it!

Well done Linda.

It's only going to be a 4 day WI for me this week so not expecting miracles. I have gained 7.5lbs of water and glycogen AGAIN. I am useless! Sorry guys :(

But no looking back. I'm calling this Day 1 and I am having a fresh start and a clean slate. 1 day at a time and I will get there.

In fact, I will weigh at home on Sunday and go by that. Pretty soon I will be moving away from my CDC so may as well use my scales and stick to weighing weekly for the purposes of this forum! x

Back