The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Good luck for a 100% day today Gem....

Cannot believe I am slimmer of the week, not sure how I lost that much weight!!

Anyway after U2 concert in London and eating at an Italian (thought I had eaten not too badly) I put on 5lb....How? I leapt around all night like a loony too... but it should be my TOTM and I haven't been drinking my dandelion tea which normally stops the fluid retention and I have felt bloated so am also putting it down to this, so far by today have lost 3lb of it and have started on the dandelion tea again, am expecting this extra weight to shift quickly. Yours will too Gem if you get back on wagon 100%....

Hope you had a good weekend Frances even if you were so busy...

Good luck with the week everyone.

Hope you had a good weekend Frances even if you were so busy...

Good luck with the week everyone.

Good in what way lol? Do you mean good foodwise or good enjoyment-wise?!Stayed the same this week. No surprises there as I lost 2lbs last week and I ALWAYS stay the same after a loss. It's gonna take FOREVER to get to 10 stone at this rate -- 4 more little pounds to go!

Must get some dandelion tea as I do get bloated now whereas I never noticed it before when I wqas heavier. The other day I couldn't even put a ring on my finger when normally it is really loose.

So much work on at the moment. When will it end I wonder. Hoping I will be a bit more relaxed next week. Very tired from lots of late nights at the computer but I am definitely having an early night (ie midnight) tonight. And then at the weekend I will have two early nights as my 8 year old niece is staying and I find it easier to just go to bed at the same time as her than trying to persuade her to go to sleep lol!

Hope you are drinking lots of water and staying focused. Let me know if there are any results by Saturday night if possible.

Hi all... Hows it going Gem? I know you have been struggling but hope you managed to get back on track again.... how hard is this diet.
Frances, I meant a good weekend enjoyment wise... but now it is nearly next weekend, so hope you have a good time with your niece.

Went tonight to give blood and yet again they wont take it as my counts are not high enough. Last time was about 18 months ago and my count was 120 which was normal but they like it to be 125, this time I feel much better and my count was 116. She said I should eat lots of red steak to get my counts up.... hmmm guess I would put on lots of weight too, so will try again in 3 months. She did say it could be because I am working too hard.... ha ha, maybe she would like my 5 during hte summer holidays..

Well I haven't lost anything, but haven't put any on either which is what I am aiming to do, so very pleased with that so still at 9stone 13lb. I am still struggling to see myself as slim and keep thinking maybe I should lose another 7lb, but I like being able to eat and to not put on weight, not sure I could go back to the tough restrictions of a diet, but will consider it once the children go back to school and I am in a more positive frame of mind.

Good luck on the losses this week girls and have a great weekend...

Right I am back AGAIN tomorrow. Another restart. I want to shift 20lbs by 21st Sept. I know I can do it. That will put me in the 15s.

I want to be 12st by Christmas!!! x

Good luck Gem. I will be thinking of you with my fingers crossed.

So far so good! Nearly 1.5l down, got a cracking headache but that means it's working I guess. Got an upset stomach today which has put me right off food so is a blessing in disguise!!!

Going to launch into some packing when I get home before going to bed! Late night packing will get me through these first few days!!! x

morning all, your doing good mate, I wish I could pull some motivation from somewhere so the cambridge magic could have chance to work for me .

works still manic, have been going in about 7 and coming home about 8-9pm. i'm just daring to think that i might be getting things sorted though.

have some time to myself today for the first time since starting the job, have to go to another organisation today 10-1 today and have to take dan for a tooth out at 3.30 but otherwise can work at home and crack on with the stuff for work. lots of it is one off stuff, once its done its done so think the best thing to do is get my head down and get it done

have also negotiated a day off next wed to take some time back and will be going walking which as you know i love. Havent been for weeks. Have 2 weeks leave in sept so really want to be up to date before i'm off (not away but would like to sort my weight out and 2 weeks off would be a great time for this

anyway i'm waffling now.

seems a bit quiet on here, i know i'm not contributing. will pop on later today

Definitely a good plan to take the two weeks to try and restart hun.

I don't know where everyone is! I think Linda is maintaining now. Not sure if Frances is away again and happyway seems to have disappeared :(

I got weighed by my CDC today and have lost 13lbs but I am waiting until Sat for the official 1st week result x

OMG Gem, that is totally amazing... what a weight loss, you will definately be slimmer of the week, I hope this has inspired you to keep going and to be 100%. Yes I am maintaining, but have had a tough week. luckily KD has helped me out and this morning I was back to my final weight of 9 stone 13... tidied out my wardrobe last night and DH says "you need some more clothes".... lol sounds good to me, but I now need some winter clothes and no one has any in yet. The only thing I have seen are the cardigans that do up with one button around the neck, I think they are awful (apologies if any of you have one... just look bad on me.. lol)... I used to cover myself up in the winter with big baggy jumpers, so have no idea what to wear this year... dont really want to hide. I put on a pair of my big size trousers last night over the jeans I was wearing and went outside to show the girls... they thought it was hilarious and then I started to take them off and their friends nearly fainted, they didn't realise I was fully clothed underneath.
Jayne, good luck with taking your 2 weeks off and trying to sort your weight, lots of walking too and you should be losing in no time...
Take care all

No I don't have one lol but I agree. I feel like an old biddy wearing them!

I have no decent clothes at the moment. All mine are either too big or too small and I am having to wait as we are saving all our money for moving!!!

I'm hoping to be submitting an even stone loss on Sat :D

Glad you are back to your goal weight :) x

the clothes thing is terrible, I've gone from wearing a uniform for 25 years to wearing civvies, etc i don't have any civvies that fit. I've got loads of clothes from 10 (worn once) to 16, and am in an 18 at least at the min. will get there again, couple of weeks to go till get back on the straight and narrow. fab weight loss Gem, stick to it, well done linda on keeping to goal
off to bed now cos knackered, will be on at the weekend, three days off work - woo hoo
J

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well?

I blitzed my house yesterday and cleaned everywhere, packing as I went along so some good progress has been made!!!

I'm looking forward to moving but still petrified!!! x

Woohoo WELL DONE GEMMA!!:bliss:

Soooo sorry I haven't been around, been all over the place with work etc. I stayed the same but gonna read back for any more results.

So glad to see you on a roll Gem, hope everyone else is doing good too.

Frances

Sorry not to be around for you Gem, but you coped brilliantly. Looks like you are our Slimmer of the Week :party0011:. I stayed the same but we need one more result to enter (3 minimum). Any more results???????

Gah! Why is it that everytime I have a great result, we can't enter :( boo lol

I am so counting down the days until I leave work now!!! The guards are so sweet though, it will be sad to leave. One of them bought me a mobile phone as a leaving present!!! So OTT but very sweet. The rest have put in to a collection and apparently they have £130 to buy me a gift. Sweeeeeeeeeeet! I'm so touched especially since none of them have met me and they just speak to me on the phone! x

Congrats Gem! thats fab. i havent lost any weight this week but havent gained either:) This month infact would be slow because of fasting but will be back on track after 20th Sep.

Back