The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Knowing that the larger sizes sell out more quickly should make me feel better but it doesn't lol! Oh well, I managed to get the size 20 jeans on today however I have a total muffin top!!!

Lol, that's what I'm like in size 16 at the mo.
Well I'm on day 3. I am going to SS+ again today, just having a small piece of chicken later.
What are your thoughts on Coke Zero? I had a small glass last night, after my 5 pints of water, whilst watching X factor. It filled me up so much and made me feel so much better.
I am not thinking I'll drink a glass every day, but just on X factor nights. lol!
I have just found out my Xmas Party at work is 4th Dec, so have to get at least a stone off by then!
Hope you're all doing well today...miserable day here, so taking Hollie, my 4 yr old, to the farm I think.
xx

I usually have a can a day and it's not affected me. I have it because I can't use the water flavourings as they give me a rash.

I don't have any more than one can though because it can cause you to feel hungry x

Personally I don't mess with Coke zero so I don't really know if it affects weight loss or not. There's been a lot of debate about it on here. CD says no, as it messes with ketoisis, but I think it's fine because at least it is low calorie and many seem to be able to get away with the odd glass.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to your fresh start tomorrow, Gem. It sounds like your head is in the right place.

Last edited:
Thought I'd better update :) Weighed this morning and have lost a total on 9lbs! Which means I'm into the 11's :) Finding day 3 very hard but have stuck to it. Not really feeling hungry but dunno how to get to my CDC's house as its about 4 miles away and I don't have a car. Grr. Plus I don't get paid till Friday and need the shakes on Wednesday. *cries* Hopefully, I can borrow the money off someone and get a lift there or something. I have to lose this weight...
On a happier note, how is everyone?

Last edited:
Hey Abby, that is brilliant news! If seeing the 11's and 9lbs off doesn't keep you on the straight and narrow nothing will. Stick at it. That is dreadful about the cash problem. Hopefully you can borrow enough for a week's CD. It is criticial that you don't come off now you've got through the hard bit. Is there not a bus to get you there? Maybe you could walk there and borrow enough to get a taxi back when you've got all your packs to carry?

Also, as she is so hard to get to, make sure you weigh yourself on your own scales before you leave so that you can compare scales and can weigh yourself at home if needbe. I am thinking, maybe next week, when you've been paid you could buy 2 or 3 weeks worth to save you the journey ?

Roll on day 4 for you and catssseyes and day 1 for Gem. Let's hope we have some results by next Sunday.

Sunshine, did you start 810 on Thursday?

Hello Sexy Peeps..

Just wanted to know if there is any places left in this team??

Need a Supportive team, re-starting again this week.

Will try and get on before work in the morning to find out!

xx

Thanks night-owl :) I haven't cheated once, haven't even thought about it, lol. Exercising may be a bit much at the moment, felt really faint whilst cycling and nearly fainted at college today, oops. But, good news! Spoke to my dad and he said I could borrow 40 quid! :O I asked if I could borrow 25, and then he said I can give it back whenever I need to, and I can go see my CDC wednesday lunch! Yayy, hows everyone else?

9lb loss is fantastic, well done.

Don't meet my CDC til this thurs.

Had 3 LL shakes and a small piece of chicken with veg last night.....it was heaven lol, first proper food in 4 weeks:eek:
Sure the packs must be pretty similar so hopefully still going to lose.

hello Kel, I remember you, do join us please. (What was the username of that Belfast girl on your team, was it Emma? Must look her up and see how she is doing.) We seem to have me and Gem, and then 3 newbies, Sunshine, walkercrisps (Abby) and catsseyes, so with you that would be a full team. We have two regulars who have offered to step down and hopefully they will still keep in touch.
We are going for our Slimmest Christmas Ever!

Abby, so glad you can get to your CDC. I weigh on a Wednesday morning too. And Sunshine, hang in there until Thursday. What you are doing sounds fine to me. I bet you will still have a loss. Are you weighing on your own scales until your see your CDC?

Where's Gem? Sending you lots of postive vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes:Maybe you have decided to start on Wednesday, after your birthday, which sounds sensible to me.
Frances

Pretty much Frances as Mike had planned to take me out for a meal as a birthday surprise!!!

Going to start Monday which will make it exactly 6 weeks to Christmas week which is an ideal target for me. Going to low carb this week though so hopefully will have a small loss to report for the weekend :) x

Sounds like a plan. Can't believe it's nearly only six weeks to Christmas.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, in case you are not on. Just enjoy your birthday OK!

:birthday::candledinner::party0023::bestwishes:

Well hello there my new team.... ;)

Well I'm Kel & I used to be team leader of The Waterbabes Team until I didnt have the time to come on every day so I stepped down, everything was ok for a while then our team lost a few members then people lost interest, I went on Holiday came back last week & only 1 person had posted in 2 weeks!! :eek:
So I have decided to leave the team as 3 are not on CD anymore & I am re-starting this week so need all the support I can get..

I am looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better, would be fab if you can tell me a bit about yourselves to break the ice.

I'm 32, Live in The North East, I am engaged to a fab lad called Keith we got engaged in Florida Last October (he got down one 1 knee in front of the magic kingdom castle) we have been together for 4 yrs but were best friends before that for 7 yrs.

I have been on a diet for as long as I can remember & CD is the only diet that got me to my goal, I need to lose 18lb to get back to goal, Pre-birthday meals, holiday food & alot of drinking do havoc to the figure, lol..

I am meeting my cdc on Thurs so will be starting on Friday, so that will be my weigh day, I am at my 1st xmas party 1st saturday in dec so need to lose a stone by then hopefully...

xx

hi again Kel, it's great to have you on board. I live on the South coast near Brighton and have been on CD SS+ for over a year now, still trying to get to my goal! Good luck with your restart. How much do you want to lose? Are you on SS or one of the higher plans?
Frances

Hope you have a good day :)
Day 5 today! Still strictly SSing. YAY :) Weigh in tomorrow, mum still nagging me about "you can't live on that!!" so bloody annoying!!! Just cause she's 7 stone and has never been like I am, she doesn't know how horrible it is being the size I am, and how I want to lose this weight so friggen bad.

I hate her sometimes:mad: she can be so inconsiderate

Hi all...just checking in after a busy 2 days back in school!
Still on track and had a sneaky weigh in today and my scales say
-7lb. (Wahoo!)
So we shall see as weigh in is tomorrow.

Walkerscrisps, well done! You're doing really well.
Hi Kelly, welcome back to your old team.
Happy Birthday Gem.
Hope you're all well and doing ok!
Helen xx

Back