The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Kelly, just re-read your post...we got married in Florida in August at the Buena Vista Palace. Was amazing. We're (I'm) disney nuts. Off to Disneyland Paris in December. Are you a member of thedibb.co.uk?

Abby, tell your mum to talk to my mum LOL! She was initially concerned about the diet but I have managed to convince now her that we are getting more nutrients from our packs than most people get from their food. In fact you would have to eat a very wide range of foods during one day, and quite an amount to get the same nutrients. It's a big worry for me coming off the diet as to how I am going to be able to get the same amount of vitamins and minerals from ordinary food.

Glad to hear you guys are sticking at it. Weigh day for me in the morning. Not particulary looking forward to it. Had four good days and 3 not so good ones, where I was picking a bit, skipped the gym and didn't drink all the water I should have, but we'll see.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!
My mum was the same- still is. She thinks I'm doing the 1000 cals. Lol!

Haven't gone near the scales at home, they probably won't read the same so don't want to be disappointed.

Must admit to not drinking nearly enough. It is quite difficult at work sometimes.

All i have been eating is chicken, broccoli and cauliflower with some curry powder, along with my LL shakes, hope i am still losing. Have resisted all nice food at parties and at the shops.

Looking forward to picking up my packs tomorrow night. Get properly started on CD.

Hope everyone is well x

Hey, Sunshine, well done for sticking at it. You definitely will have lost on what you have been doing, it's just a shame, with the switch over that you won't know how by much but a huge well done to you :party0011: for sticking at it. It will also mean that you will switch to CD easily as you are already doing it.

My CDC is away this week, and then I am away next week, so I went to the gym and weighed myself on the 50p electronic scales after seeing her last week and then went back this morning and..........2lbs down!! The gym scales weigh heavier than my CDC's (drat) so I don't know where I am ticker-wise but definitely 2lbs less than I was last week. It is just such a boost to know that all my effort in going to the gym and cutting the nibbles out most days has paid off. So I will stick at it and hopefully have a nice surprise when I next see my CDC in two weeks. Oh to hit 10 stone! To see 9 something flash up! Even if I could at least hit 10, 3lbs in two weeks I would be pleased as that would be lowest weight I have ever been. I have been yoyoing between 10 stone 4 and 10 stone 7 for months now. Hoping that these three weeks will help me break out of this rut I am in.

Next week I will be in Exeter on a swimming improvement course, so plenty of exercise hopefully. I'm taking my packs with me and have saved £50 by not going full board. I will just eat out in the evening. I only want a bit of chicken and salad. Or I might just find a Tesco's and buy a chicken or tuna salad there each evening.

No internet connection is provided at the swimming school but I am taking a laptop and will either try and hook up on wifi or buy a dongle as need to get some work done when I am there. So hopefully I will be able to keep in touch on here too and do the results, although I won't have a weigh in next week.
F

Have a great time Frances!

I am 2lbs down already just by watching what I eat so hopefully my restart will be easier this time! x

It definitely will if you are cutting out carbs. Don't go until Sunday so I will be here if anyone has any results -- we need 3 to enter.

Glad you are getting all set for Monday, Gem. It's a great sign that you are still coming on here and counting down the days so that you are mentally prepared to go for it.

Of course they can, although I wanna be on the road by midday so weigh yourself Sunday morning and let me know how much you are down.

Yes, if I could have all results about by 11am Sunday morning that would be great.

Sounds like you are raring to go Gem. You are gonna be fine. Big countdown to Our Slimmest Ever Christmas :xmastree:. We'll have to start a mini water :waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:challenge to keep us on our toes!

Definitely Frances! I will be on before 11am don't worry.

I am raring to go! Water is my main issue. I have nowhere to fill my bottle at uni (except the loos and I don't fancy that!) and I can't afford to keep buying bottles (although 70p for 500ml is pretty cheap!!!)! Will have to think about that. Can't carry any bigger than a litre bottle in my bag...any ideas people???

Focusing on Christmas is definitely the right idea for me. I can look forward to something really good and then look forward to healthy eating after. I'm probably blaspheming but I am trying to decide between SW and Atkins for after Christmas. I should be able to afford CD again next September if I need it but until then, no can do. I'm leaning towards SW because I have done it before and found it pretty agreeable.

Again, any input girlies??? x

Wheyhey! I lost 8lb!!!!
Thats 8lb in 5 days. Amazing! :)

:DI lost half a stone in 5 days! Yay :)
And littlegem why don't you get a 1 litre bottle, its what i have :) And well done to everyone doing so well. I explained everything to my mum Frances, she's a bit more understanding now. My CDC said one I lose another half stone I have to come off sole source, but I can start sole source plus, so might go downstairs and get a bit of chicken :) So happy :)

Hope everyone is well :)

Well done on your fantastic weight losses! I lost 7 lbs in my first week, on SS+, but that was a whole week not five days! You are going great guns. Keep up the good work.

Gem, you are not the only student watching the pennies surely and drinking (tap) water should be freely available. Why not go suss out the canteen/refectory and ask if they could fill your bottle for you from the kitchen? If you go when it's not busy I bet they wouldn't mind a bit. Even if you are buying a coffee or a Pepsi max in Starbucks or whatever, I'm sure they have a tap and will fill your bottle. Also look out for drinking water in the eating areas and where the lecturers hang out, I bet it is provided somewhere on campus.

Take everything I say here with the knowledge that this is coming from a CD junkie who is worried about coming off CD, but for me (I did WW and RC more than SW) food diets don't work as they are too close to not dieting and far too easy to cut corners. I needed the discipline of CD to break my food habits. Is there anyway you could consider the 1000 plan on CD? That would at least cut your costs down to two packs a day (breakfast and lunch) and then just eat a healthy evening meal as suggested in the CD book? And to be honest, this could even work out cheaper than buying cereal, milk and fruit for breakfasts, bread and fillings for sandwiches etc?

I am not convinced about the cost savings of coming off CD, Gem. As far as I know, Aitkens is fairly expensive because of all the meat and eggs you need to consume, and SW is either green days (fresh veg) or red days (meat and protein)? (Do you know I bought a turnip in Asda to hollow out as a lantern for my niece and it cost £1.30!)

I know myself I could easily spend £50 in Tescos for a week's shopping and still have to go out and buy more bread, milk and top-ups in the week. Tetras are more expensive I know but each CD pack still costs less than £2 a meal. Where would you buy a sandwich for that, even on campus?

I don't know what to advise and only you can decide what is best for you, but really sit down and do the sums and do consider the 1000 cals plans as one of your options, as you would still have a good loss on this plan.

Last edited:
PS Can everybody PM or post the weight you were BEFORE your loss so I can work out the percentage weight loss, find our Slimmer of the Week and do the results.
thanks.

You have completely summed up how I feel about other diets. The temptation is just way too strong to over eat. 1 piece of toast that is allowed on WW, turns in to 2 and so on.
I can't do that or I'll just binge.
So...for me it's got to be the CD all the way now. My CDC said that if you stick to the 1500 plan, where you don't actually need to buy any packs, you will maintain and have leeway for treats at weekends/special occasions. That's what I am going to have to do forever!

And littlegem why don't you get a 1 litre bottle, its what i have :) And well done to everyone doing so well. I explained everything to my mum Frances, she's a bit more understanding now. My CDC said one I lose another half stone I have to come off sole source, but I can start sole source plus, so might go downstairs and get a bit of chicken :) So happy :)

Well done to you! Fab isn't it! :D

Another idea Gem. Tesco's do own brand meal replacement shakes (basically strawberry and chocolate tetras). Can't remember how much they are but they are cheaper than CD -- less than a £1 each I think -- and you cannot Sole Source on them, but two of those and a healthy evening meal would keep you on 1000 cals or thereabouts, at a low cost. It is just such a mad, bad world we live in that healthy food costs more than refined carbs and crap!

Update: Just back from Tesco's. They are called SlimPlan or something like that. They have strawberry and chocolate "tetras" at 89p each or 3 for £2.00 and then they have boxes of shake mix powder (straw,choc, and cafe latte) and they are doing 2 boxes for £6 -- so that is £6 for 24 meal replacement shakes.

Last edited:
Kelly, just re-read your post...we got married in Florida in August at the Buena Vista Palace. Was amazing. We're (I'm) disney nuts. Off to Disneyland Paris in December. Are you a member of thedibb.co.uk?

Aww Wow, I would love to get married in Florida, How fab chick..
Yea I am a member of the dibb, I love it, I wouldnt of been so clued up about florida If I didnt come across that website..
Just put all my pics up on Facebook today.. :D

Wheyhey! I lost 8lb!!!!
Thats 8lb in 5 days. Amazing! :)

WOW, WELL DONE Girls, Thats a Fantastic Loss..

Looks like I am in a Good Team here!! ;)

Back