The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

well done on the great losses girls.

That's me officially a CDer.
met my CDC tonight, got my packs for the next week.

My start weight is 15st 10lb.
It was 17st 6lb less than 5 weeks ago so well chuffed.
looking forward to my CD journey with you guys.

Hello Sunshine (what's your name btw, I can't keep calling you that, it makes me feel like an old man LOL!) as far as I can see you are 5lbs down in the last week. Even though you weren't on CD I can still count the loss for the team. Let me know if this is correct as I am going to do the results in the morning.

Gem, I've got you down as 2lbs off? Let me know if there is any more in the morning.

Methinks Abby is gonna be our Slimmer of the Week - 13lbs off!!!!

Will let you know Frances. Should be more as I am 3lbs down this morning.

My vital statistics:

Start: 305lbs
Last week: 263lbs
This week so far: 260lbs

Will be on tomorrow morning to update! xxx

Hello all, well I'm back from the US and am raring to go... I gained 7lbs, but I'm not worried, I'm hopping back on the CD wagon tomorrow, so I'm going to change my ticker and stats to reflect my gain. I joined this group shortly before leaving for NY as I knew I'd need some serious motivation to work toward my goal til xmas. So wish me luck everyone, I know I'll need it and will be coming on here everyday

You'll have those lbs off in no time. Best of luck. Which plan are you gonna do?
Frances
I'm a SS chick, I get real nervous and confused on SS+ (too much latitude for overfeeding). No thinking involved except for the flavor choices... I'm pretty good with water (usually around 4l) but have been having probs with it, I think it's the cold weather

Hi guys,

Right, no further loss to report this morning but it's TOTM now as well. At least I am getting this out of the way before starting!!!
So my loss is 3lbs:

Start: 305lbs
Last week: 263lbs
This week so far: 260lbs

Not great but it's a start and I haven't really been trying to lose so I'm pretty chuffed with that. Now the real work can begin. I have something to aim for now as Mike and I have picked our wedding venue so we will be setting a date soon. Hoping for the latter part of 2010!!! I want to be at least a size 16 (around 14.5st)!

Gem xxx

Well done on the losses girls.
13lb is a brilliant boost, keep it up.

Yip, i have lost 5lb so hopefully it will count in our losses for the week even though i didn't officially start CD until Fri. I had been doing the 810 with the LL shakes for a week, same but different lol.

I am feeling so much happier being able to have that little bit of food in the evening.

I am trying to get used to the taste of the CD shakes, i don't find them as nice as the other ones but i will persevere.

good luck for the week ahead girls.

gilly x

Gem, 3lbs without even doing CD is brilliant. Glad to hear you are all set for tomorrow, and raring to get going. This is the best start ever. And what a brilliant goal -- 4 stone off in a year, you can do that, and more! You will be a stunning SLIM bride, you'll see!

Gilly, I will most certainly count your 5 lbs. It was lost in the week when you were part of the team so that counts. I'm really surprised you are having to get used to the shakes. I switched from W8 to CD over a year ago, because I preferred the taste of CD shakes. However, there is so much choice on CD and so many different flavours I am sure you will find something you really like. Chocolate Mint is my favourite shake and Malt Toffee my favourite bar, whereas Gem loves the tetras, especially the chocolate one. Must admit I have always avoided the soups.

Results:

As suspected, Abby (walkerscrisps) is our Slimmer of the Week:party0011: having lost a whopping 13 lbs (7.4%). Well done!

Helen (Catssseyes) lost 3.9%, Gilly (Sunshine) 2.2%, I lost 1.3% and Gem, who hasn't even started back on CD managed to lose 1.1%.

That brings our team result to: 3% representing a team loss of 31 lbs!!! Well done everybody! I'll go and post it now.

Last edited:
Well done Abby x

Not sure what it is about the shakes. The only way i can describe it is that the LL ones are a nice fresh taste and the CD ones seem to have a bitterness about them, i am a fussy biatch tho!!!!

Quite enjoyed the peanut bar but think i will have it in 2 portions next time, just seemed too much for one sitting.

Bought a couple of leek and potato soups, haven't been brave enough to have yet!
was thinking of using it more as a sauce for my chicken. will try it this week.

Hey everyone, well I'm done with day 1 SS post-holidays, managed 3l of water, not quite what I wanted, but at least the headache wasn't too bad. I may be speaking too fast, but this time around I feel it will be easier (more focused??) anyway, just checking in to say I survived the first day and was not the least bit hungry and I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow!

Yay :) Hope I can keep it up. Haven't managed to weigh myself today cause I've away from home. So hopefully have a loss tomorrow morning.
Hows everyones day been?

well done hun!

it's day 1 again for me tomorrow. i always get the headache midday and it kills!!! but i will be busy so hopefully will be able to ignore it!!!! x

littlegem, i suffer from migraines and have these tablets called migraleve, they work incredibly well for my headaches and you can buy from over the counter in boots and stuff, so you maybe could try them as they help me really well and my headaches are impossible to get rid of with everything else.

And omg! i've just drunk 2litres of water + my shake and couldn't resist weighing myself - i've lost a stone!! even with all the extra weight i've just gained from the liquids!! yay!! three of my goals achieved :)
hope everyones okay :)

Good luck tomorrow Gemma. I'll be thinking of you! I'm in Exeter now and I've got to be in the pool by 9am for my first swimming lesson!
F

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost another pound!! Yay :) Was getting difficult last night though...had dreams of lots of burgers and chips. Lol...
Only 13lbs to go till I lose another stone, yayy, hopefully I get into a size 10 before then :)

Hope eveyones okay :)

Back