The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Bery, bery quiet indeed! Come in Team No.1, where ever you are!! LOL. It doesn't look as if there are any results this week, but I'll be on tomorrow about midday to double check. Can't go and see my niece as usual as she has flu, we think! She seems over the worst of it now. Best to get it out of the way before Christmas. She reckons that too! She's 8, and really looking forward to it. I've bought her some heelies for Chrimbo. Got a great bargain.

Had a horrible week because of stinky old work. Haven't been able to exercise all week because I have so much of it to plough through. Thank goodness for the weekend. Went for a jog along the seafront and a swim (in the pool, not the sea!) afterwards and feel much better for it. In fact, I reckon, even with work and deadlines I am just going to take that time off for a bit of exercise at lunchtime. I feel so much better for it.

Hope you are all doing OK.

Sorry guys, I went back to Norfolk for a flying visit yesterday so wasn't about.

Can't post a loss this week I'm afraid but I did expect as much. I will make a promise that next Sunday, I WILL be posting a loss. And a ruddy good one at that!!! x

Haven't been on either! Sorry! Unfortunately I had an infection and had to come off CD. However, all good now! Started yesterday and had cereal and scrambled egg and nutri grain bars + CD shake...lost a pound! Was up at 11.7, but now at 11.6! Hopefully I can reach my goal still!

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. You'll get there, Abby. Take it nice and steady, and listen to your body. Don't worry about the small gain, it is just water retention from coming off CD suddenly. It will go very quickly.
Good luck.

Hiya Guys,

Sorry But I tried to post on Friday but my wireless was playing up!

Didnt have a loss this week, I expected as much so still 12st, I am actually late! :eek: So hoping totm shows soon, mind you wouldnt want that to happen this week..
I will get under 12st this week, need to be good as its Keiths Xmas do this Saturday!

Anyway going to bed soon so will post more tomorrow. x

Glad to hear you're OK, Kel, and it was just the technology playing up. Maybe try a swim to boost your metabolism? I find upping the exercise a little sometimes helps when I'm stuck. Good luck.

Hi girls, sorry for the absence.
Had a stinking cold but on the mend now.
No weigh in for me on Friday last week as CDC was away but weighed in today and a 3lb loss.
So still plodding along.

Hope everyone is well.

Good to see you back and glad you're over the cold. Well done on the 3lbs loss. I found that I settled down to 3lbs a week on SS+.

Do you know I totted up how much I have spend on CD over the last 18 months -- just over £2,800! I was talking to someone who is thinking of going to Belgium for a gastric band and she reckons it will cost £3,800, so I've got the same results and saved myself £1000!

Hi girls, sorry for the absence
Had a stinking cold but on the mend now.
No weigh in for me on Friday last week as CDC was away but weighed in today and a 3lb loss.
So still plodding along.

Hope everyone is well.

Well Done Chick, Brilliant.... xx

Good to see you back and glad you're over the cold. Well done on the 3lbs loss. I found that I settled down to 3lbs a week on SS+.

Do you know I totted up how much I have spend on CD over the last 18 months -- just over £2,800! I was talking to someone who is thinking of going to Belgium for a gastric band and she reckons it will cost £3,800, so I've got the same results and saved myself £1000!

Wow thats unreal, Makes you think when you add it up how much we spend on CD!! LOL

Hiya Girls,

Well can ya Believe its 2nd of Dec, wow its flying..

I am off the rest of the week now, have all sorts to do but came on yesterday with a vengance, seriously flooded, I am laid in bed, belly is killing..

So jumped on scales this morning & I am still the same!! :mad: never mind, I will keep plodding on.
My mate reckons I need a scrape, (mam had loads when she was younger as she suffered with heavy periods so I am taking after her).

Anyway I have to tell ya I watched The Cove last night, OMG, I cried my eyes out, If your a Dolphin Lover its a certain eye opener!
Basically there is a Secret Cove in Taiji Japan where no public are allowed but a few people get together, get in & put cameras there to show you what really goes on, Lots of boats in that sea are lined up then they have underwater pipes that they bang so the dolphins get stressed, they chase the dolphins to this cove and put a net up so they are trapped, People from all over come the world from sea parks etc & choose the best dolphins they think will be easy to train etc, then the rest get horrendously butchered & killed for the meat but dolphin meat is poisonous as its got high traces of mercury in it, they sell it on as whale meat to fisheries to make money.
Over 22,000 Dolphins get killed every year, Its awful, although I cried watching it I am so glad its come to light about this secret killing cove, dolphins will be extinct before we know it at this rate.
:cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry: :cry::cry: :cry:

Hi Kel, I will tell you the BEST thing for heavy periods. Go to your doctor and ask for a prescription for Mefenamic Acid. It is brill. You take 3 a day on the first day and it not only lightens it but shortens it.

Well, I put on a lb this week. Really busy with work and haven't been able to keep up my daily exercise routine. Should be able to get back to it next week and until then I'm going to hit the water big time. I'm 10, 2lbs and I want so much to see the 9's for Christmas. That would be the best Christmas present EVER!

Hi everyone, I've been sick for awhile now with a cold that won't go away! The kids are sick, so's DH. Had to come off CD as I needed some serious recup, I'm back this week and have not got on the scales yet, will work the courage up this week. My weighin is Sunday am, so I may wait til then as i don't want to get discouraged

Blimey that's two people from this team with the cold. It must be a bad 'un going round. Glad to see you're on the mend and that you are looking after yourself properly. Good luck getting back on track.

hi there, just to let you know that I'm staying at a friend's tomorrow night so probably won't be around Sunday morning to see if there are any results. Might be back about 4pm Sunday, but if there are any results, if someone could post them to Irene that would be great.

Well, I'm back. Doesn't look like there were any results anyway. Or anything lol. What's happened to Team One?????

18 days to Christmas. What about a final push before Christmas?

Hiya Guys,

Sorry I havent been on been off work so its been manic trying to get sorted for xmas!
Its so stressful isnt it? All this preparing for 1 day.

Hope you are all ok, Not much action on here mind, very suprised by that. :confused:

I have been without my car since last Wed, it feels like I have lost a limb, lol. Surprising how much you really on it.

Well I havent weighed myself for a few days but I put 2lb on the other morning, 12.2 I was, God I hate totm, Up & down, up & down!!! :mad:

Never went to the xmas party either on Sat, so keeping my LBD for this weekend, gonna try and be good all week, Got a busy week prepared this week.
Monday - Xmas Prep & pick car up
Tuesday - Work & mates on the night
Wednesday - Work & the cinema on the night
Thursday - Doctors to see ear consultant, Shopping & Going to see Chubby Brown on the night
Friday - Xmas prep & Meal for Keiths dad birthday on the night
Saturday - Shopping, Xmas Prep & surprise 50th party
Sunday - More xmas prep.

By Xmas Prep I mean wrapping pressies (got tons to do) writing cards & shopping etc.

So be on tomorrow night to chat... x

Back