The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hello Shrinking Violets,

Just wanted to pop on and see if any of the old team are still around, i may be back on mini mins in the new year although not back on cambridge, as i've just had another baby...a little boy called Oliver weighing in at a massive 9lb 15oz lol.

Glad to see the team is still going and looking as friendly and supportive as it was when we started.

H xxx

Oops need to change my sig lol

Aww congratulations hun!!! xxx

I'm still here, just with a new name. Starting again on New Year's Day so wanted a new start!

Gem x

:eek: 9lb 15oz......what a whopper. Congrats hon.

5lb off for me this week:D
No weigh in next week.

Well, not sure if it's the diet or the nightshift but i have come down with the cold again after only getting rid of it last week. Immune system must be pretty low.

That dress is lovely, very flattering cut night owl.

Try and get a minute and pop back soon.

Hey everyone, still around, but busy with the Xmas stuff with the kids... and we've all be soooo sick, if it's not the stomack flu, it's strep, cold, etc... So i had to come of CD. I will be back on here in the New Year ready to attack my last fifty pounds. One thing though, being off CD - even if I'm not going overboard on food, it feels good to have a break, it also feels great not to be sooo cold all the time!!

Well done on the 9lbs baby and the 5lbs off LOL. Lovely to hear from you again and make sure you do keep popping on here in the New Year. Looks like we are all on for a big fresh start in the New Year.

2010 will be the year, we all get slim and STAY slim!

Just popped in to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS

I'm working right through so should manage to cope with all the gorgeous food that will be about:)

Not going to beat myself up if i stray a bit. Planning on having something nice for tea tomorrow night when i get in. Hopefully get back on it again boxing day.

Hope santa is good to you xxxx

Hiya Girlies,

Just wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Xmas, I hope Santa is good to you all ..
:109::47::4616::23:

Its Freezing here, Snow & Ice everywhere..

Have bout 4 weeks of tetras so back on that in January, gonna enjoy my nights out over the next 2 weeks although not gonna go mad!! :rolleyes:

Enjoy Yourselves & will post again very soon..

Big Hugs to you all.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So far all I've got for Christmas is a little bit of a cold! I haven't had a cold for 4 years! All I want for Christmas is some chocolate (but I bet I won't get any!) and an empty swimming pool on Sunday. Went for a swim this morning and it was so crowded! Why haven't these people got better things to do on Christmas Eve morning lol! It was about 9.30am too! Had to give up in the end as I couldn't get into my stride for fear of swimming into people. Here's hoping in the holiday, it will be empty, and the gym too, before the big rush in the New Year.

Collected 2 weeks of porridge and Malt Toffee bars on Wednesday but didn't get weighed as she wanted me later than usual and I had had a cup of coffee for breakfast. Knew I wouldn't be under 10 stone so just didn't want to know. Need to change my goal date now. Here's hoping for a big push in the New Year on here that will finally get me to goal.

Happy Christmas, may all your dreams come true.
xx

Happy New Year ladies!

I am back with a vengeance! Is there still room on the team for me?

I'm getting weighed on Friday so will be submitting a big result. That's a promise!!! x

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Woohoo, that's 3st off since October, can't believe it:D:D:D:D

Well, a 2lb loss for me over xmas week:eek:
well chuffed with that.
Not really been on the shakes but not been going daft with naughties so can't complain with the loss.

This is our year girls. 2010 will be our last year of dieting so lets just go for it.
see you all at the finish line:D

Added some progress pics. I didn't notice a difference until i saw these.

Last edited:
Happy New Year everybody. Well done on 2lbs off over Christmas -- that is such a blinding achievement! And of course you are still on the team Gem, you never left it in my book!

So, I get weighed on Wednesday and believe me it is not going to be pretty! Don't even want to look. Started back on the straight and narrow today by cutting back to CD and going for a jog. Swimming tomorrow in the hope I can repair some of the damage by Wednesday morning lol!

Yes, 2010 is going to be the year I finally get to goal and stay there!

hi guys
happy new year to all, am planning to restart on 4th jan, have a couple of weeks cd left from last time and need to find a cdc. will get on that this week
can i post my losses on here or are we already a full team, know that i haven't been around for ages so will pop in for chat otherwise
have never been this heavy even when i started lighterlife a few years ago
- scales were groaning.
xx jayne

OH MY GOD!!! I MADE IT TO DAY 2 WITHOUT CHEATING!!!

I'm so proud. I haven't been able to do this for a long time!

Good to see you back Jayne! x

Happy New Year everyone, well like Elvira says, I'm also back with a vengeance. I took the opportunity this holiday to rest properly. I got soo sick. I'm restarting today so I'll let you know Sunday how goes it. This week is going to be mad crazy at work, but I hope to be able to pop in here for support. Restart after the holidays is never easy. Good day to you all and have a great week.

Back