The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Hi guys, well done on the 5lbs Kel, that's fab! You are our Slimmer of the Week lol! Great to see you back Gem, and of course you must come on here, we wouldn't have it any other way and it saves me having to go look up your posts!

Well, I lost a lb and manage to stave off the evil 11's lol! It's hard but I've got to keep at it. Determined to get to my goal by the summer.

Hey well Done on the 1lb off, thats Fab, Better than a gain.. Do you know what 1lb actually looks like, I bought a replica, I will take a photo & post it on here you wont believe it.. :eek:

Yeah slimmer of the week, lol.. Check me out.. x

Hi guys,

I'm so worried about looking ridiculous! I mean I am 20st again now and don't want to be there among lots of hardcore exercise nuts. My friend is about 17st so not as big as me. It's a beginners class so I'm guessing that most people will not have done it before.

Hope everyone is doing okay? I'm going to make the effort to write on here each day to try and keep me on track xxx

Well on ur Facebook pics you dont look your weight hun, At the end of the day (its dark) lol, no seriously you are gorgeous, so I think doing exercise with ur friend is a fab idea, I used to go the gym with my friends 3 times a week & loved it as we all spurred each other on but when they all stopped going coz of kids, lack of money etc, I basically lost interest & lost my motivation to go so that went down the drain, now I cant do much exercise coz of my back!! :(
Well done for taking the 1st step. x

Hi! I was wondering if you would mind if I joined your team? xxx

WELCOME TO OUR NEW TEAM MEMBER, :D
Hows you?? Tell us all about yaself hun.. xx

Hi guys,

Just reporting in that I got up this morning at 6.45 and I have done another hour of Jazzercise. I am so motivated with the exercise now so that's something at least. Just need to crack the eating habits and I'll be well on the way to success!

How is everyone doing? x

Wow, Well done you... :D :D

Funny thing Gem, I woke up at 7am this morning and considered going to swim......and then went back to sleep!!

Ha Ha, That made me laugh, I thought Oh Eager Beaver then you went back to sleep... x

Well Girlies,

I have been OK, but I havent been to the loo for 4 days, belly is so bloated.. :mad:

Well My fella Keith has decided looking back on old pics of himself he wants to lose some weight, so he is gonna have some of my soups & have oss for brekkie & basically cut down which is soooo hard in his house as his mam is a feeder (thats what he tells her) coz she retired now she makes big meals & always has sweets afterwards like cake & custard or a chunk of cake etc..
She doesnt listen to keith when he says dont make my tea I will fend for myself,, Aww bless her, sometimes it is a nightmare as when she knows I am on CD she will make food for me & say Alittle bit wont hurt you, ur gonna make yourself ill starving yourself, then I feel awful for leaving it & feel like I have to eat a little..

Do you know what I mean!! :confused:

I wont lie girls, I will be having a easter egg at the weekend as every year..

Hands up who will be having one??

Eeeehhh its nearly 1am, I didnt realise the time, will catch up tomorrow, gonna queue outside the doctors to see if I can get an appointment for my hot flushes, They are driving me mad lately!! :mad:

Nite me little darlings..... Hope ya all tickety boo. x

I am sure I will be having an Easter egg as I am going back to my mum's for Easter weekend. Although last I ate so many Easter eggs it was awful! So far I haven't had any at all. Yay me!!!!

No Jazzercise for me this morning (I feel rubbish and am cleaning the whole house instead) or the rest of the week as I won't be here but I intend to get back to it next week. As long as I can get it in 2-3 times a week I am doing well.

My muscles are aching so much which is a good sign I guess!

Lots of people tell me I don't look my weight Kelly (thanks by the way) but I certainly feel it! I was watching Supersize vs. Superskinny last night and the guy on there was 23st and he looked massive compared to me but only 3st heavier!? Mike gave me a stern talking to and told me I don't look anywhere near my weight and I shouldn't worry so much about what people think of me. I know he is right but it's hard to get out of the habit of putting yourself down :( I'll get there eventually. When I can get those size 20 jeans on again I will know I am well on the way :D x

Errrrrrrrr hands up who has already had an easter egg this year :rolleyes:! Shocking! So I probably won't be indulging at the weekend and thankfully our local Asda is all but sold out of them so there won't be loads going at half price.

But it seems I am another 2lbs down.........I say seems because I didn't put both feet flat on the scales at my CDC this morning lol. One foot on and just the toes of the other! Don't know if that actually makes any difference but I'll see next week.

For some reason I kept going shopping last week and bought lots of lovely summer clothes so wanting to get down that last bit and firm up a bit for them has really put me back on track.

Happy Easter everyone! Have a good one! :17729:

Wow you all sound so positive! Well done all of you for all the losses!! Its amazing!!

This is day 10 of the CD for me...I'm doing ss. I'm a student..and currently on easter holidays, having not set routine is driving me (and my stomach) crazy!!! Too much free time to think about yummy things to eat!

Today I decided to get my ass into gear and actually do some exercise! I did the Charlie Brooks dvd..and suprisingly quite enjoyed it!! Excuse me for asking but whats Jazzercise?? It sounds fab!!!

My mother has already informed me that she has bought me an easter egg...and I WILL eat my sunday roast on Easter sunday! hehe!! Can't say I needed much persuading though :p

Apart from a few cheese and pineapple sticks I have been 100% so far. I finding it hard chugging down all the water though! I'm a diet coke drinker...barely had a glass of water a day before the diet..I think my bladder is doing some serious overtime!!

Thanks for letting me join in guys!! Its great to have a bit of support when you're dieting!!

xxxxxxxxxx

This is day 10 of the CD for me...I'm doing ss. I'm a student..and currently on easter holidays, having not set routine is driving me (and my stomach) crazy!!! Too much free time to think about yummy things to eat!

Today I decided to get my ass into gear and actually do some exercise! I did the Charlie Brooks dvd..and suprisingly quite enjoyed it!! Excuse me for asking but whats Jazzercise?? It sounds fab!!!

Hiya emzie!

I'm a student too, what are you studying? I love the long holidays but so far I have done NOTHING lol! Got an essay due in on 6th May and exams coming up. When I get back from visiting my mum this weekend I am really going to knuckle down!

Jazzercise is a bit like aerobics but more like dance moves. It's brilliant! Check it out online if you are interested and you can find out if there are any classes near you. I love it and it burns so many calories. It's really fun!

Gem x

Emzie, well done on getting to day 10 SSing! That is a great achievement! It must be getting a little easier. Keep at the water, it really does help if you can get 2 litres down you across the day. You'll start seeing some great results very soon and that will keep you on track. Maybe pass on the roast potatoes on Sunday, and......hard as I know this is....try and spread the egg over a couple of days.

Stick at it!

Wow you all sound so positive! Well done all of you for all the losses!! Its amazing!!

My mother has already informed me that she has bought me an easter egg...and I WILL eat my sunday roast on Easter sunday! hehe!! Can't say I needed much persuading though :p

Apart from a few cheese and pineapple sticks I have been 100% so far. I finding it hard chugging down all the water though! I'm a diet coke drinker...barely had a glass of water a day before the diet..I think my bladder is doing some serious overtime!!

Thanks for letting me join in guys!! Its great to have a bit of support when you're dieting!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Well Done, you are doing Fab.. :D
CD is hard at times so getting over the 1st few days are the hardest & you have nailed them..

Yeah we try our best to support 1 another, although we do have our low days..

I really like Charlie Brook DVD, You feel as though you have had a decent workout..

x

Well just came back from the Doctors & it just so happens I managed to have a Hot flush in front of her so she listened to my heart coz I said my full body feels like a heartbeat.. :( She was concerned as it was beating far too fast & basically felt like it was beating outta my chest so I have to have an ECG & some blood tests done on Day 2 of my period.. God I have a huge phobia of needles.. :(

I have had the phobia since I was little & its never left me.. I will make myself ill until I have it done, I know it sounds daft but I used to have dreams bout needles running after me, :( I know you will prob find that weird but I cant explain why its stuck with me, they dont even hurt I dont know what it is.. :(

Hi Kelly! I also have a massive phobia of needles...it took me about 4 weeks to work up the courage to even ask for a tetanus jab once...then I didn't even go!! The last nurse I went to see though was ace! She just told me to think of really stupid stuff like cows ballroom dancing...and men left stranded somewhere without any clothes!! Sounds really silly but it helped...and since I got through that one without feeling too bad, I've not really been as scared since.

I'm sure it will be fine though. Hopefully they can find an answer to what's giving you the flushes...they must be a pain in the bum!

xxxx

Hey you guys, I changed plans and am now doing 810 as I just couldn't hack ss'ing ANYMORE!! don't get me wrong, I love the products, I love the results, but I hate, hate, hate thinking about food I'm not having anymore. So no, I won't be having an Easter egg (i know, part pooper), but that's just coz I don't really like chocolate, BUT I will be having our family Easter meal.
I lost 3 pounds this week, so I'm really happy, the scales are still moving though I've introduced food again, and exercise too (Is it psychological or what, I just feels I have soooo much more energy on 810). I may go back to SS in 2-3 weeks, but just for a month no longer. I just need a break right now before I devour my entire kitchen

Hiya,

Aww I am glad I aint the only one with the phobia,

Well girls I wont be on-line for a fews days so will catch up with ya after the easter holidays,

Have a fab time..

Hugs to you all. xx

Emzie, I lost all my weight on SS+. I couldn't SS, for the life of me, and found that there was just far too much protein on the 810. There is only so much tuna fish and chicken I can eat! It's great that you are feeling so energetic and still losing on 810 -- you will most likely continue to lose 3lbs a week on 810, as I did on SS+.
Frances

Hiya Girlies,

Well how was your Easter??

I am sick of the sight of Chocolate tbh & all I seem to have done is bloody eat..

Why does all celebrations revolve around food??? :(

Well I have put 3lb on which is not bad & not good either..

I am feeling quite down if I am totally honest as I know the end of the month Keith loses his job, I havent got a job & I havent got nothing to look forward too this year, only my mate having her twin boys 4th May, Cant wait for that as Keith has never held a newborn & he needs practice, lol..

I just feel like booking a holiday for summit to look forward to & cheer me up..

I just feel Bleurghhhhhhh & really need to get my arse into gear yet again, I just dread the 1st 3 days....

I am due on now so hoping its soon so I can get this blood test outta the way, cant stop thinking bout it...

Come on girls, I need motivation & support, anyone with me??? :rolleyes:

Hugs.. x

Know the feeling! Glad there are no more eggs in the shops now. Won't know the damage until tomorrow morning and I must admit I am dreading it! Got to get back on track. Bought lots of new lovely clothes and I am determined to get to my goal once and for all this summer. The weather is improving day by day so there should be no excuses! I am going to do this!

Hi everyone,

I only had two Easter eggs and have eaten far less than normal and guess what, I have GAINED.

Really fed up now!!! Grrr! But onwards and downwards I say! God knows it's about time the scales went down instead of up! x

Ugh Easter! What a way to ruin a diet!! I went home for 3 days. I managed to lose all my easter eggs to the little ones...which in hind site is probably a very good thing!

On easter sunday we went to the cinema, which I originally thought was a fab idea. Take my mind off food, and not be able to eat any either. My mum then announced as we were leaving that she was taking us to a steak house for a 3 course meal. I love love love love steak! Its my favourite food, so I thought, sod it, and had one. I left the starter and the desert though (creme brulee! That was tough!)

So I had my weigh in yesterday, and I lost two pounds, but that was probably because I did 100% SS from Monday until Friday. So I'm happy that I've lost, but it really doesn't feel like it. I feel so bloated and gross after the weekend, and I'm back at square one with feeling hungry!! Damn!

But anyway, enough of my moaning now!! Looking forward to a whole month of following the diet to a t!

Elvira, I think two easter eggs is very restrained. Had I managed to keep mine I think I would have gobbled up the lot! Don't be down about it, just start again with a clean slate. And like you say, its no more than you would have normally eaten, which is really positive! The scales will balance out in the end and all the hard work will be worth it!

Oh also...I bought the Davina Fit DVD and its ACE!! I really recommend it. I reckon I burn more with her in 20mins, than I do with my other workout dvd in a hour.

Keep going everyone!! We'll be the girls that everyone else wants to be in no time!!

Hi all im back from the gym for today and meeting my new cdc hope she really pushes me through the last pounds.

Kelly come on girl stick with it hun.

Elvira i also gained from eating choc eggs enjoyed it thou and paying the price for it today lol

hope we are all well? x

Well Girls, How you??

Iwent for my Ecg yesterday, never had one before, It took longer to set up all the pads than the actual test, lol.
Now just have to wait for my blood test but can only get done on Day 2 of my period & its not happened yet!! :(

I have an interview next Wednesday for vehicle admin so hopefully I will get it.. Fingers Crossed..
Just been to the dole to sign on, How embarrassing, I was sat near a young lad who smelt bad, my word!!!!
Had a tension headache all night which is still with me, think its coz I am due on so gonna over Keiths & go for a walk as its fresh outside, just want it to shift, it really hurts!!

Will catch up with ya next week....

Hugs.. xx

Back