The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Well done Gilly!

Kelly, I'm really struggling with water too. I go back to uni on Monday and I don't want to be rushing to the loo every 10mins either! Mind you, my lectures are finished by 12 nearly every day and I will be staying at uni afterwards so I could always fit my water in then.

I'm weighing on Sunday this week (6 days) as I'm going to be weighing on a Saturday with the CDC as of the week after so thought I would move it back gradually. 6 days this week, 6 days next week and then back to a full week again. It pains me to take a day away but I suppose it won't make that much difference at this stage of the game. It's not like I'm losing 1lb a day or something like in week 1!!!

Just waiting for Frances to post me her digits for this week but as the challenge doesn't appear to have started yet, it doesn't matter if she doesn't get round to it.

Saw a friend from uni yesterday who I hadn't seen since before restarting and she shouted "Where's the rest of you!?!?!" which at first was quite embarrassing as there were other people around but after that I felt really good about it. Can't wait to go back after the Christmas break and be about 15st!!!

I was brave yesterday at the Freshers Fayre and signed up for the university Gospel Choir. It was something I wanted to last year but never plucked up the courage. First meeting is on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to it but also nervouse!!!

Anyway, hang in there girlies! We will all crack it this time! xxx

I was brave yesterday at the Freshers Fayre and signed up for the university Gospel Choir. It was something I wanted to last year but never plucked up the courage. First meeting is on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to it but also nervouse!!!

Anyway, hang in there girlies! We will all crack it this time! xxx

Good for you hun!! I find that the more I lose weight (ok, tight now not much) the more confident I become and dare to do things. As I've pretty much always been big, it's quite a novelty actually! It feels good too.
Yes, ladies... I think we are all in the zone so let's just do it!

I'm struggling today, not really a good food day,I keep wanting to snack. I get like this whenever I go to the gym, but today unfortunately, I had to work from home making things actually much worse. The kitchen calls my name, and as weekend is basically here, I'm really sad as I think i'll prob cave in :cry:

I'm struggling today, not really a good food day,I keep wanting to snack. I get like this whenever I go to the gym, but today unfortunately, I had to work from home making things actually much worse. The kitchen calls my name, and as weekend is basically here, I'm really sad as I think i'll prob cave in :cry:

Couldn't you do SS+ on your gym days hun? A bit of extra protein for the extra energy you are using? Hang in there! Don't cave in!!! xxx

I'm really excitable today!

I just discovered that I have the chance to go on an excavation in Egypt this summer with the uni as part of one of my modules this year, depending on my marks and an interview. Also, if I get chosen to go, it counts as 20 credits towards my third year.

Sooooooo excited! I really want to go!!!!

The thing I keep thinking is, if I get to go, I'll be slim by then!!! :bliss:

Couldn't you do SS+ on your gym days hun? A bit of extra protein for the extra energy you are using? Hang in there! Don't cave in!!! xxx

Thanx, I'm already doing SS+ on those days (or even SS++)... I just keep nibbling on chicken meat and such, but I see tons of carbo stuff around and just keep thinking about it. How DO you guys not nibble??? it drives me mad that I can't control that!

I really hope you get to go, 20 credits is a lot too!! Plus going as the slim you will let you really concentrate on the real subject - Egypt!! When do they start interviewing?

Thanx, I'm already doing SS+ on those days (or even SS++)... I just keep nibbling on chicken meat and such, but I see tons of carbo stuff around and just keep thinking about it. How DO you guys not nibble??? it drives me mad that I can't control that!

I really hope you get to go, 20 credits is a lot too!! Plus going as the slim you will let you really concentrate on the real subject - Egypt!! When do they start interviewing?

Well chicken etc. won't do you much harm. I just have a zero tolerance level on nibbling. I want this so badly that I don't dare nibble. I'm not making the same mistake as last time! If ever I fancy anything, I just keep telling myself that I'm not hungry, so I don't need it.

At the moment, I know I have 5 weeks until my birthday weekend and I'll be eating something then as I'm having the weekend off the diet (but not going mad!). If ever a week gets really tough, I do SS+ for a couple of days just to satisfy my need to chew on something savoury.

Not sure when they start interviewing as it is all still to be confirmed. It's mentioned on the syllabus so I'm hoping they will tell us more in the first lecture on Tuesday. I got the highest marks in my Egyptology modules last year so fingers crossed I can keep it up and get a place!!! xxx

2.5lbs off for me this week. I really need to drink more water!!!

I'm pleased though as I beat my back to uni target by half a stone woohoo! x

Good going Gem!! I'll probably have only 2 this week, but I'm aiming for a really good loss next week as I'm not planning on any SS+ or ++ days, I have no more tetras nor bars, so I will be doing my 4 CD meals and that's it until my next reorder of products. I might actually pass on the bars, they get me in trouble, the tetras also (I use them to soften the strong coffee taste) because at the end of the day, it's more like 5 products I'm having

Good for you enlightenme2! I'm also working hard for a good loss this week. I want to be in the 17s at the end of next week!!! I am trying to get more water in because I am terrible for it! I'm not drinking nearly enough :sigh: x

Well done gem, u are doing fab..
Everyone is really focused at the moment.
Well totm appeared this morning, had a feeling as the pains have been shocking do I am dreading weigh in as I feel really bloated at the moment. Just craving sweet food!! :-(
I will let u know although stay the same would be fab as I always put on this totm..
I try to drink at least 3l of water a day although that sometimes doesn't happen.. Lol
Must try harder for next week as it's my birthday next wed so will be coming off diet for a few days to go out for meals..
Anyway gonna try and have early night. Will catch u all tomorrow .

Night
X
X
X

Officially lost 2lbs which is meager, but the way i behaved, well let's say it's not bad. this week will be different of course, i'm sticking to my 4 shakes and that's my story!! i really have to keep going and not let things wash me up to the point i need food but maan it's so hard!! when i think about it i don't have that much to go either...

Well done Hun, 2lb off for me too, feel so bloated though I really hate that time of the month grrrrrrrr..

X

I can't even say that's my problem!! well i think i'm going to survive my first wednesday blip free since never! still have 2 porridge to go, so i'll just go and make them and eat it while the kids are having their yummy dinner. 4l down today

Well done on the losses girls, might not be as much as you all wanted but it's still going in the right direction:)

Well a 2lb loss for me this week which is a surprise tbh as i had a mad drinking sesh and a couple o meals out over weekend. Hope it doesn't catch up with me next week!
I am under 30 bmi too, woohoo:eek:

This is my 1st anniversary of my start to becoming a slim thing lol
I am 4lb off of 5st loss. I really can't believe it. It feels great.

I really must put up before and now pics. I have my during but i think i look a lot slimmer now so will let you know when i get them up.

Hope you all get the huge losses you want next week but any amount is worth it:) x

I struggle with the water too and usually manage 1.5ltr at most. Some days i don't even manage 1ltr. Really must up it.

Just a quicky to say i finally took some pics and put them up.

I can't believe the difference. Even though i don't feel how i look....does that make sense?/?

Well done girlies.. I have done crap today as we had charity day at work so had loads of cakes, which I am not proud of!! But I need to be good until wed as it's celebrations starting for my bday, it's all about food & drink at birthdays isn't it, lol...
Gonna have weigh tomorro see what damage I have done..
X

Back