The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

i knew you were team leader for a reason thinkthincd...what a motivational speech! :)

you are totally right. we deserve to have our moments lol! x

Lol thanks hun, just been and uncovered a snuggly fleecy blanket in honour of letting myself feel grumpy. I'm going to go and get snuggly and comfy on the sofa feeling smug that i'm still on CD!

Have a good night, will see you all 2moro for team challenge results!!!
DUH DUH DERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! (scary music noises!)

xxx

nite gem and thinkthin hope you both have a good day 2moro!.xx

The meal didn't knock me out of ketosis!!! YAHOO!! I wonder if my body knows how much I want this. They say sometimes your mind is strong enough to adjust levels in your body. Maybe my mind is saying, " Burn, baby, burn!" Lol!!!

Tomorrow I go back to SSing. Have lost not much weight in the past few weeks, but have lost another size (now in 12UK!!!!!) so still doing well. I want to lose the lbs, too, so SS might help. 3 weeks, I think, maybe more?

Whenever I feel like crap, I will pout on something I couldn't fit before and can now. :) Today was awesome - did well on both exams at university, saw a great film for free at the cinema, and people at the bookstore (I'm a regular there, on name and phone number basis with most of the staff) were asking me all about CD - how it works, where to buy it, etc. They said they noticed how thin I was looking these days, and 1 girl wants to try it.

At the rate I've been losing, I will be in a 10UK by the beginning of October and an 8UK by Haloween! I wanted to be a 12UK by Christmas when I started - Now I think I MIGHT be bale to make a 6UK by then if I work really hard!! If not, then definitely an 8UK. YAHOO!!

Hi all well last night didn't go too well, got some pick and mix sweets with my mum who'd just put 2lb on a slimming world and then had scampi and chips at the harvetser, although in my defense i ate hardly any chips, and I was the first person to say no to dessert and that never happens!!

I drank blackcurrant and soda.

I know I'm out of ketosis but am on it today and then tomorrow I've got Frankie and Benny's but will jsut have a salad there my salad choices last night were Duck or Goat's cheese - hardly the healthiest choices!! Hope I haven't let everyone down too much.

GTPeach perhaps yo ucan help me, my bro lives in America so the majority of my clothes are from there, mainly NY (where I got married in Feb!) and sometimes the clothes or one size less than the UK and some times they're 2 sizes less, do you know what Old Navy is? as I've got some size 14s on today from there and I'm sure when I did LL before I was wearing them at a UK16.

Thanks

H

Yay GT on staying in Ketosis-is it your weigh in this morn? Fingers crossed if it is! I'm so jealous i can't wait to get in to a uk 12, not been anywhere near that since i was about 18, so...basically been overweight for 10years what a horrific thought! At least i won't make it 11 cos i will be thin thin thin by next march! Good luck with the SS it will be worth it in the end although not sure i agree with you disappearing to a size 6, just be careful.

PBFH- Don't let any of your past choices affect your actions today, you can do this, look at your fantastic result so far, just remember you have to make this diet fit your life and if that means occasional sweets etc then so be it. Just don't get in to the guilt binge cycle that has tripped most of us up in the past. Have a lovely lunch today and try not to worry.

lots of love to all my teammates!

xxx

pbfh - You can do this!!! Old Navy's sizes tend to run a bit bigger than the average US size, so I'd say that it's 1 size smaller than UK. So, an Old Navy 6 skirt I bought the other day is a UK8. (Not that it fits yet - but it zips!!) An Old Navy 14 would be a UK16. Sizes here suck - never the same from brand to brand. For instance, the Ralph Lauren 6 US (8UK) skirt I saw is actually closer to a RL4 US (6UK).

Thinkthin - It feels so amazing! I just realized the other day that I am thinner than I have been, ever, since 11th grade of high school. I lose 1 more size, and I won't have been this skinny since 10tth grade!!

Official WI this morning: Only 1 lb lost!! Ugh!!1 But usually I retain tons of weight and water the week before my TOTM, do that might be what's going on here. And I wish they made some sort of addendum to the competition, like.... 2 competitions. A weight one and a size one. Because I'm dropping sizes like mad! 7 weeks on the program now, and went from a UK 20 to a UK 10/12?? That's pretty major, even if only 30 lbs. have come off the body.

Thanks for that GTPeach, I guess the best way for me to tell would be to try on some of my UK16s but am too scared!!

When Iwas 13stone I was 14-16 and then at about 14 got to 16/18, at my weigh in last week I was 15.4 so I'm noping if I lost 2 stone that would take me to a great weight anything over would be great as off to Colorado at Xmas so am sure they'll be lots of food!! Incidently does anyone think I could do 2stone plus on WW between now and Xmas? Not that I'm going to dessert my team but was just curious!

H

punk - A friend of mine did the US WW, snd I think it's pretty similar. She went form a UK 24 to a UK 18, but it's taken her a while to get there. I think it took her around 6 months or so to lose 40 lbs. Christmas and 2 stone on WW might be pushing it a bit. I'm not even sure I can do 2 more by Xmas on CD at the rate I'm going... :-\

GTPeach-well done on the sizes!!! i haven't even dropped a size yet and i am gutted!!!

pbfhpunk-you haven't let anyone down. this diet is HARD and everyone makes mistakes. you've got back on it again which is something to be proud of!

how is everyone today?

i found out i passed the two Open University courses i finished in July yay! xxx

ooooohhhhh it's team challenge results day today! can't wait to see what our percentage is. i hope we totally kick ass this week!!! xxx

Evening all,

Wow Gt! Size 20 to 10/12! i've lost 30 pounds now and only just dropped 1 size! Well done you must be buzzing, perhaps that is the reason you aren't losing as fast as you would like, if you have a lean body fat percentage it will come off slower as you have less to lose. Congrats on the pound, at the end of the day a loss is better than a gain and look how much slimmer you are, who cares what the scales say.

Pbfh- Don't want to put a downer on things for you but not sure if 2 stone is possible on WW before xmas, why not consider ssing for 4 more weeks you could easy lose another stone in that time and then switching to WW for the remaining weeks until you go away, you could also try and stick to it whilst away as well as it is more flexible.

I think if you can do 5 weeks in total you will be amazed at how much you have lost and you will feel better about switching plans. But remember that its up to you and if you are struggling with CD then don't make yourself unhappy. xx

Evening Gem- Congrats you brainy bird on your courses, i loved uni and still miss it now so i can still remember the buzz of an amazing grade and the recognition of your hard work! Right better stop rambling on got the results to sort back in 2 secs......

xxx

Ok here we go....
This weeks shrinking violets team challenge champ and our current slimmer of the week, with a staggering loss of 7lbs is.......................SMURF! Congratulations hun well deserved this week! Also have to mention that it came down to the percentages this week as PBFHPUNK also lost 7lbs and missed out on the champ title by a whisker.

Smurf -7lbs (3.21%)
Pbfhpunk -7lbs (3.17)
Thinkthincd -6lbs (2.60)
Soontobelittlegem -4lbs (1.42%)
Gtpeach -1bs (0.56%)
161ds STS

Team percentage 1.90%

xxx

Absolutley, i really thought it was in the bag this week but there is always next week. Can't say i'm losing as fast this week, have lost 2 lbs so far only expecting another 1 if anymore before sunday as am awaiting TOTM.

xx

i don't have a clue how i am going this week. i don't ever weigh myself at home so it's always a total surprise.

i've been measuring my body fat percentage since i started and i started off with 44% body fat (disgusting i know!), and i am down to 35% now. i'm really pleased about that :D x

I don't think I will do WW, it's not that I'm struggling on CD I just, oh well, I don't know why I asked really!!

I messed up again last night don't want to say what I ate but it was bad! I can so see my triggers though so I've learnt that when I'm harassed (sp) don't go to Sainsbury's to pick up a bag of green salad. I had to get to the bank by 4.45 last night and didn't leave work until 4.35 so had to run into town, then back to work to get the car, then to Sainsbury's for salad and then home and I spent the whole time in the car with road rage getting more and more wound up!

Oh well, today is my last day in this current job start somewhere else on Monday can't wait much closer to home, better money, a proper career about time I had one of those at 32!

Does mean I'm off to Frankie and Benny's at 12 for lunch, not going to have ablowout as the person I'm going with is on WW so that's cool, she'll keep me on track!

I think we've done well this week I like the competitive element but as individuals we've all done well!

Helen

You can do it punk! Just hop back on the horse and don't look back - keep you eyes on the thinness prize! :D

Thinkthin - I just registered your comment about not disappearing to a UK6. I want that because I am only about 5 ft. tall, so it wouldn't be as ridiculously tiny for me as it is for taller women.

I'm not sure what my body fat ratio is, gem, but I know that I have a hugely significant amount of muscle mass built up form years of working out, dance, and distance running. I'll definitely have a very athletic build when I lose the fat, so I'm wondering if - based on the fact that I've lost so many sizes compared to the fat count - I'm suffering the old muscle weighs more than fat adage.

don't worry pbfhpunk. you need to start seeing your mistakes as a learning curve. soon enough, it will build your willpower and you won't fall off the wagon as often. if you get stressed out, please talk to us! that's what your team is here for :)

i just bought some lovely purple shoes in Peacocks for £10-bargain! perfect for the shrinking violets hehe! and i am going to get a hair cut on sunday, and dye it red i think!!! i went into Peacocks originally as i saw a lovely dress top thing that i really wanted and was going to buy it in a size 14 ready for when i get to goal, and guess what!? all gone!!! so unfair!!! xxx how is everyone today? thank Crunchie it's Friday!!! x

Back