The shrinking violets official thread - Team 1

Evening my fellow violets,

Having a bloody stonking day! I'm in a fantastic mood, been shopping today (didn't actually buy anything for myself as usual) tried on some gorgeous dresses in monsoon for the wedding i'm going to in Oct. Managed to squeeze myself in to an 18, looked in the mirrror and couldn't believe it was me. Don't get me wrong there is still a long way to go before i can say i look great, but i can defo see an improvement. Can't wait go back a week before the wedding to buy a dress and see what size i am!

Spurred on by my shoppping experience, i tried on all of my "occasionwear" this avo to see if i could make do with something i already have...but no way its all huge! How can that happen, when 2 weeks ago they were all snug. I heart CD!!!!

Feeling so strong tonight that told DH to order a curry for himself, without feeling like i was missing out.

The only thing i am still nervous about is eating at this wedding, but i'm determined to enjoy the day and the occasion and possibly stay off cd on the sunday depending on how hungover i am. Then to start afresh on the monday and work towards goal, i really don't want to use the wedding as an excuse to come off the diet and ruin all of my hard work for weeks afterwards.

Another monster post from me!

Wd Gem on the body fat thats fantastic, my scales still reckon i'm 48% fat despite my height being 5ft 9 and the fact i went to the gym 4-5 times a week before i started this diet and so have a good muscle proportion. The really annoying thing is that this has only come down 2% since i started even though i've lost all this weight. God knows! Must be losing it from the old grey matter lol

Keep strong tonight everyone, we can and we will do this woo hooooooooo!

xxx

wd thinkthin, gem, all! we're going to be so thin when this is all done! :D

I taught myself a new song on my guitar. And I can string it and tune it now. :D I'm afraid I'm going to have to lose my fingernails though, which is tragic. I get asked all the time if they're my real nails because they're so long. And my hands are TINY so I might not be able to span hte frets like I should. Wae sall sae.

hi guys!

weigh in for me tomorrow and i cannot wait! i am so behind today though. having to have two packs of porridge in one (really hard to get down), plus i have 2l of water left to glug. BUT i have a lovely chocolate tetra left to have too which i am looking forward to.

decided to try the bars this time when i get my order. i feel strong enough to have them in the house and not eat them all in one go!!! i am strong! i will not sacrifice my success on this diet!!! i am woman, hear me roar!!! lol xxxx

good luck on your wi gem! mines monday so heres hoping!.xx

Morning all,

Hope everyone is ok, the sun is out here so thats something to be thankful for!
Good luck with WI Gem, and don't worry about the bars they are nice (for a diet product) but i only like the peanut crunch and find them really filling, but defo not tempted to eat more than one, its not like they taste like galaxy or anything. Having said that i defo wouldn't be without them, i'm so boring i eat the same everyday now which is a peanut crunch for brekkie 10ish, choc tetra for lunch 2ish, and porridge for dinner 7-8ish. I'm finding my losses are still good and i can have my fibre 89 in my evening porridge.

I'm off to buy some new furniture this avo, doing my lounge up so having new sofa etc.

Speak later ttfn

xxx

Week 6 WI...

ANOTHER 5LBS GONE FOREVER!!! YAY ME!!!!

I'm so pleased! That makes 33lbs altogether and am definitely way ahead of my mini goals! I'm thrilled!!!

Good luck for Monday smurf although you won't need it! You'll have another great loss, I just know it! Also good luck to everyone else with weigh ins coming up!

Furniture shopping sounds soooo good thinkthincd! I can't wait until we get our own place again and can get our stuff out of storage and start buying some nice new things.

Did I mention I was happy about me weigh in? No? Well I am happy yay!!!! xxx
:talk017:

hi gem! ive just done a couple of cartwheels for you! ( glad u cant c!!! ) you must be feelin fantastic!.xx

oh i am smurf definitely!! you can do cartwheels?? i'm jealous!! :D

i'm sure your weigh in will be excellent. i mean you have lost 19lbs already!! that's amazing!!! xxx

WELL DONE GEM!!!!

2 down for me this morning - so I am ALSO at 33 lbs gone forever!!!!

:)thats good news gtpeach!:).xx

Yay GEM and GT,

Gem- you have your result as week 5 hun lol don't start counting backwards, we'll never eat again lol.

Had another good day today, i think things are finally getting easier, i'm looking forward to weigh in this week, so i'll be on in the morning to post my result.

Off to have a giggle and a blub at xfactor xxxx

I'm going to the symphony tonight with my mother. I am wearing a dress from when I was 16. :D My boobs are really, really tight in it, but gosh it does look good on my curves! -Little- bump on my stomach, whereas in high school it was a bit loose, but it freaking FITS and doesn't make me look like a cow!!!

Good morning my shrinking friends!

A lovely juicy -4lbs for me this week, chuffed to bits with that, good start to the team challenge this week with GEM'S 5 lost.

Suns out again, i can't be in England.....thats 3 days in a row!

Enjoy your sunday, i'm taking my little boy to the zoo if the weather holds out this avo.

xxx

Just realised, thats 33lb for me too....weird!!

I didn't notice that week 5 thing thinkthincd lol i'm not awake!!! congrats on the 4lbs! awesome news!!! 3 is my lucky number so 33lbs must be double lucky!!! weird how 3 of us have lost 33lbs...

i have just been to Norwich to have all my hair hacked off! i love it though! very pleased! will post a pic as soon as i can work out how to get one on here lol!!! xxx

hello to smurf, pbfhpunk and GTPeach-hope you are all okay?

161ds-where for art thou? hehe xxx

there we go! new avatar pic showing my new hair! what do you think? x

Last edited:
Really like the hair Gem, had mine all cut off the other week, seems like loads of people I know have as well recently!

Had a funny time the last few days but think it's coz I've been ill and also so nervous about starting my new job tomorrow!!

Not eaten anything bad but strangely enough am really loving chicken salad with balsamic vinegar dressing. I think I might have to eat this week, was at my last job for 6 years and had a bit of a reputation for being a ***** and stuck up coz I kept myself to myself so seeing this as a new start and don't want people to think I'm being off with them if I get asked for lunch but there's a subsidised restaurant that apparantly does v healthy food. So will make v wise choices, hoping there's chicken salad!!

H

Lovin the hair Gem, shows off your lovely face and how slim it has become. You are braver than me i've never dare had mine short maybe one day soon..... xx

Hi PBFH
Just wanted to say good luck with the new job hun.

xxx

Sorry for loads of random posts but just noticed we came 2nd last week on team challenge yay!
xx

hi thinkthin great news on your wi!:)
gem your hair looks really nice makes you look younger!;). i will post my loss 2moro.xx

Back