The Slimmer Me ...

Fatty-bum-bum

I've battled all my teens into my adulthood with my weight. My mother had an eating disorder and growing up watching her binge or starve was so hard and has caused so many of my own demons. But I want to break the cycle, I now have children of my own and I don't want them to be like me. I want them to be healthy and well. I need to change, not only for me, but for my family, for their futures ... this has to be the last time I do the yo-yo dance. I can do it .... I will do it ....

I started my mission again today - Veg Soup, Choc Shake, Chilli with cucumber, lettuce & green pepper + Lemon bar. 3 litres of water, 2 sml coffees (milk from allowance) and 1 cup of green tea.

How did I feel - tired, lethargic, couldn't concentrate at work, edgy with the children .... but I know that this is a carb withdrawl ... I binged heavily over the weekend, secretly eating.

How am I going to feel tomorrow - I expect pretty much the same as today, but knowing that I have made that all important start to the life that I want, that I deserve and most importantly that my children should have.

What do I wish for ... ketosis would hurry up and kick in .... and that I get use to the water intake and not have to go to the loo every 5 mins !

One day at a time ... here's to a good day tomorrow ! x

Well done on starting - Day 1 is a hard one!

I started last week, so the Wk 1, Day 1 feeling is still in my mind - but a week on, I can honestly say it passes. By Day 4, you should start feeling human again and it does get easier - just look at all the fantastic testimonies on here, where there is also so much support.

All the best

Thanks Derika, much appreciate the kind words ! Hope its all going well for you. x

Day 2 - Not a bad day actually, quite suprised ... until the headache set in. Work was busy so didn't think anything of it until lunch time, I had a spaghetti, which I enjoyed. About 3 ish, I had a strawberry shake and then for dinner chicken with broc & cauli. My afters in a minute will be a lemon bar with a green tea ... so looking forward to it !

Planning an early night as feel so tired now, but feel like I've achieved ! x

Well done on getting thru day 2 :) Once ketosis kicks in it will be much easier.

Thanks Lillipud :) Feeling much better today ... Day 3.

Think I'm going into ketosis, not so hungry today and headache lfted this morning. Been another 100% day, can't believe how committed I feel. I pulled out a folder last night of diets that I have done over the years and was totally shocked by how many I have done and how I've gone up and down over the years. I am really hoping that this time I can find the courage to get there. Looking at the notes / diaries I kept, I was always "nearly" there but for some reason gave up and the weight piled on. I've got to learn to stop sabotaging myself ... anyway enough of the gloom day 3 was good.

Food - Mushroom soup, hazelnut (warm with teaspoon of coffee), fish with broc + cauli and a bar with a green tea for evening snack.

Lets hope ketosis kicks in day 4 ! x

Sounds like a good day! :)

Sounds like you've been doing great so far. I found the Day 2 headache a nightmare, but by Day 4, I was feeling more than human, so I'm sure you'll be fine going forward!

Thanks guys ... it was a a good day, hope yours was just as good !

Wow Derika, 2 days of that headache ! The headache was awful, glad it only last 24hrs, don't think I could have coped with it for longer and was one of the reasons why I put off restarting S&S again. I remember it from last time that it was horrible and so glad it's over and done with !

Onwards and upwards!

sounds like you are strong with this, means a good weightloss when you weigh in :)

Hiya Dovydaitis - I am really hoping for a good weight loss. I'm normally a daily weigher, but staying off for the first week to get that OH MY WORD feeling !

Thanks Derika for your support - yes definitely onwards and upwards !

Well Day 4 - what a stressful day at work and was so close to giving in ..... but DIDN'T ... yeah ! Work stress is one of my major triggers but I held strong, only 1 more day to the weekend. The cold has really set in today, just not been able to get warm. Sat here now with a blanket and shivering, my teeth are chattering ! My concentration is atrocious, not sure if its because I'm cold, I seem not to remember what I did 5 minutes ago, driving me potty. Hopefully this will settle though :).

Today due to being busy at work, I didn't get to have my first shake until 2, I had choc shake but warmed up as a hot choc (yummy !), dinner was a chilli pack and my lovely hubby made me an omelette for my protein with leek and mushroom for a filling from my veg allowance ..... OMG delicious ! Afters was a truffa bar, cut into 8 pieces and slightly warmed so the choccy had melted. Scrummy !

So all in all another good day ... hoping tomorrow is slightly less stressful at work as really battled with my willpower today. But I should hold close, that I got through, I didn't need those 10 biscuits x

Yeah Day 5 achieved ... 100%. Another stressful day at work, think so busy, didn't even have a chance to feel hungry, cold or miserable (only about work !) ...

I had mushroom pasta for lunch, vanilla shake with coffee warmed at about 3ish, cottage pie with a bar. Didn't have my veggies though today which I've been enjoying.

Its strange as my tastes have changed from last time I did S&S, I absolutely hated the cottage pie and today I loved it ... very strange indeed !

Getting excited to weigh in on Monday, not feeling like I've changed at all yet, so a little nervous too.

Here's hoping that the weekend will continue at 100% x

can't wait to see your results on Monday! a couple of us do a monday weigh in (me included) also sounds like you are in ketosis or very near to it :)

Thanks Dovydaitis .... I am looking forward to Monday ! I know I've lost some as its just the name of the game, you restrict what you eat you are going to lose. But as its the first week, I am hoping for a good loss to get me going again ... a good loss is such good motivation for the first week.

I do think I've hit ketosis now, not feeling hungry anymore. Was busy today with the kids and got to 3pm before I had my first shake which is most probably the latest I've been. I kept up with my water intake so just didn't feel that gut wrenching hunger ... thank goodness !

Kids and hubby are now off to the takeaway, not too sure about how I feel. However I have just cooked myself a bit of chicken and plan to sit with them and have my chicken with veg and mushroom pasta pack. Will I feel like I've missed out ? Hopefully the next post will be me saying that I have remained 100%, I can do it !!! x

you can do it :) if they are going for curry use a curry pack then you sort of have the same thing. I tend to spice it up more as it's very mild

I did it Dovydaitis ! They had fish and chips and I had my chicken with pasta. I wasn't even tempted ! They had pudding and I washed the dishes with a big smile on my face .. can't believe it !

I haven't tried the curry pack yet, just finishing off my packs that I had from my last attempt. I remember that S&S had a competition to their members to what the next pack should be that they brought out ... curry was my choice, so defo looking forward to trying it.

How's your S&S journey going ? Hope its going well !

Day 6 - food for the day ... latte shake warmed, chicken with pasta and truffa bar with my green tea ... yeah another 100 % day ! Here's to finishing my first week tomorrow ... can't wait for weigh in on Monday :) x

fantastic, well done you :)

Thanks very much Dovydaitis ... hope you're doing well. :)

Shew what a busy day ! Literally have not stopped since 7 this morning ... off to bed in a minute, another very busy week ahead.

Didn't do well on my food today, managed to do 3 litres of water but only had 1 shake, 1 bar and 100g chicken without any veg. So missed a pack .... not good. Just didn't seem to get a chance to eat. Oh well, another day tomorrow ... and 1st weigh in ... oooh very excited (apart from that I now have TOTM, really hoping that it doesn't affect me too much) ! x

Back