The Slimmer Me ...

Weigh day today and what a great suprise ... I lost 9lbs, the best first week weight loss I've ever had and its TOTM, really chuffed ! I haven't measured yet, but will later on. Boy isn't it so motivational !

But I've got a couple of days out ahead of me ... its my wedding anniversary so will be out for dinner with my hubby tomorrow and then on site at work on Wed meeting with my boss all day. Just not sure how I'm going to get round this one, he normally buys me lunch in the canteen (so not a massive choice !). Bit strange if I only grab a coffee, not sure how I'm going to approach this one and its a very long day without having my packs. I don't have any more bars left, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Ooops, think just going to have to go with the flow and see what I get away with !

Today another good day - had 5 out of 6 waters so far. I've had a choc shake warmed, for dinner chicken with pasta pack + courgettes ... rather filling ! Will have another pack later on tonight. But good day all round and very pleased about my loss ! xxx

Well done you! First week losses are great!

Just try to be wise with your choices when you go out to eat - and the main thing is to just get right back on it!

Well done you! First week losses are great!

Just try to be wise with your choices when you go out to eat - and the main thing is to just get right back on it!

Thanks Derika ! Very wise words from you ... last time I did it I was 100% for nearly 11 weeks and the last week I cheated and then never got back on ... I am really planning on trying to pick wisely, but sadly no pudding for me tomorrow night :) ... but the Slimmer Me by Xmas, so excited ! x

Out for dinner tonight, here is praying that I make the right choice ! It's all about choices isn't it ?

Hi All i have been reading this thread sat on the edge of my seat i have been really routing for you fbb and everytime you make it through another tough day i had a big smile on my face:D so glad you,ve stayed strong and motivated well done for the great weight loss and i hope you managed too enjoy your meal without too much of a struggle.
I thought i,d jump on this post as there seems afew new starters on here and i have just restarted only on day 2 so at the tough point really looking for some diet buddies too help get me through lol doing ok so far going too try the curry tonight have read on here that its mild so will add extra spices hope its nice xx

Last edited:
whoop! a nice loss there :) tonight should be ok if you pick sensibly but work might be an issue.... hmm, could you ring the canteen and pre-order a salad or something?

Where has the last week gone ! Just not had a chance to get on here, but I have kept going with S&S. I had my dinner out last Tues which was scrummy, I had steak and salad ... yummy ! Then had a day in the office which was very tough. I took some chicken and salad so solved the problem of not having something, but battled with water / loo thing ! Had a day out with the family over the weekend and had lunch at Nando's. We ordered a whole chicken and then all had some, I stayed away from the sides of chips and coleslaw ... can't believe that I did it !

Weighed in this morning and had a 4lbs loss, really pleased ! But 1lb away from my stone .... on a mission now !

Fantastic - and into the 11's!

You're well on your way!

Thanks Derika - can't wait to get into the 11's and say goodbye to the 12's !

It started off as a good day, jumped on the scales just to see the 11's ... really pleased. But I want more off ! Stressful day at work, didn't have time to have any of my packs but kept up with the water. I had for dinner a pack with some beef, broc + cauli. I will most prob will only have a bar now as I just can't face another pack as well. Especially after my little girl came home from school and another little girl said to her that I was a fat mum. One thing I never wanted to be, was totally devastated. Another good reason to keep going, made me more determined.

How awful for you.

You are trying to change your weight so try really hard not to be too upset by it. It's just another thing you can turn into a positive as you will lose weight and you will feel better about yourself.

You may be overweight but bet you are a lovely mum and your daughter loves you for it

Day 26 and still going, but been daily weighing again, old habits die hard. I haven't budged all week on the weight and feeling a bit distressed by it. I get my motivation from seeing the scales move and when they don't my motivation starts to wain. Stressful week at work and sat alone, hubby at work, kids in bed, just craving a binge and I mean seriously craving a binge. Went out last night, saw a group of friends and nobody seemed to notice that I've lost any weight, was secretly quite disappointed. I also had a couple of bites of a bread roll and that really has made me crave bread again (my nemesis !). I've got to get a grip ! I don't want to ruin it now.

Your doing great , keep it up. Your weight loss is bound to slow down and reach a plateau , but you have to ride the wave and keep going through the tough times and all of a sudden your weight will start moving again. Sometimes with a big jump.
I am the same as you and get motivation from seeing the scales move every day, but just remember the plateau and see it as walking down the stairs when your at a plateau , your walking across the landing. Dont stop. Keep it up and you will get to the bottom in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi tinkerblonde, I love your quote of the stairs, just brilliant. It's kept me going the last couple of days ... I spent most of the week walking across the landing and the last couple of days, I've gone another 2 steps ... 2lbs off now ... Yeah ! Fantastic thank you

Day 29, I've lost a couple of more pounds but I have felt absolutely miserable all day. I took half day to be with my kids on half term and spent most of it shouting at them, I should have just stayed at work. I feel a total failure tonight .,... I should be pleased, nearly a stone and half gone, and nearly a stone and half to my goal .... so halfway, but boy I cannot get over this really black mood that seems to have fallen over me. I have no energy to smile, play with my kids and be happy. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME !!

Hi Fatty bum bum

How are you doing now? Are you feeling any better?
It is hard with kids off. I am finding I want to eat.

We will get there. Got to stay focused. It is hard but worth it.
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry diary for neglecting you, but you will be pleased to hear, half way through week 7 and still 100% .... Woohoo ! Just ordered size 12 jeans, not quite there but need the motivation, can't believe I was a size 20 (a very tight 20 !) and now a 14. Really want to be a 12 for the Xmas party season, I can do it !
I do have days that I struggle like mad, but just keep motivated with the thought that I really don't want to be that fat mum as my daughters sweet friend called me !

Struggling with TOTM though, constantly on now, driving me mad ! And now full of a cold ..... But otherwise loving s&s "
! X

Loving Children In Need tonight, spent some of the night in tears. Just realised how lucky that I have such a wonderful healthy family and gives me the inspiration to carry on with my weight loss journey and be healthy for my family and for myself. I don't want to be the fat mum that my child is bullied over or a mum that has made herself I'll because she couldn't stop her bingeing. I want to be healthy, that is my ultimate goal !

Got my size 12 jeans in the post today, ripped open the package as was desperate to see how far up my legs I could pull them ! I surprised myself, I got them all the way up, ok, ok geez it was difficult but I did get the
m to my waistline but couldn't quite do them up, but certainly couldn't walk, waddled more like. Lol !! But great inspiration for the next few weeks ! X

Woohoo ! Into the overweight category, no longer classed as obese ! Cannot believe it, just got to keep ploughing through those numbers until normal appears. However hubby already that he saying doesn't want me to get too small, I've lost loads off my bust and waist ( now have 26in waist) but hips are still big ! They are measuring in at 44.5 so I look so out of proportion ! I know it is coming off there but to be ungrateful, not blooming fast enough !

Fab. Would love to be overweight lol

LOL ! Hamish's Mum, I have dreamt of this day. You too will be there, you are doing fantastically well!

Back