The Slimmer Me ...

Restarting today, back to Day 1. I've been trying to restart since the 27th of Dec and failed miserably every day. I know why I have failed. When i first start, I find it hard to get motivated to finish a full day as I know that I need to put the effort in, which is all consuming. I become obsessed with my weight loss where at the moment I'm quite chilled and relaxed. I know i have to work hard again and simply don't want to. Until today, I got back on the scales and I have put on 12lbs in the month I have been off. I go away in just over 4 weeks and really wanted to be less than where I got to mid Dec, but now the best I can hope for, is to get back to where I was. So annoyed with myself, why couldn't I have simply started back when I had planned ? My hips, thighs, tummy and face feel like they have exploded. I cannot fit into my size 12 jeans I was in before Xmas when everyone was complimenting me, why do I sabotage myself !

Ok, here now and nearly finished my first full day back. Not hungry at all, kept up with my waters and looking forward to my bar and mug of green tea, downwards I go again ...... I will succeed !

You will succeed hun, welcome back and big yourself up for refusing to give up x

Thanks so much WillPower Women, really appreciate your support !

Day 2, finding it harder today, kept myself very busy and know that I am back in the 'zone' but feeling very hungry. Having 4 packs today, already had 2 and have a chilli for dinner and a bar for later. I have drunk 3 litres of water so far and have another 500ml to drink, which I will have with my dinner. Only had 1 cup of coffee so far today so craving that a little, but I was drinking far too much so need to cut down. Excited that I am back on track and looking forward to the next 4 weeks as I really want to be 10st by the time I go away. Can I do it ??

Really loved spending time reading through people's post and getting inspiration through them. There seems to be so much activity on here, it's great !

HUNGRY, HUNGRY, HUNGRY ! I could eat my right arm now, but sat with a calming cup of green tea. But can't stop thinking of food !! I want to go for a bath but my eldest is a little unsettled and don't want to disturb her. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this !!!

HUNGRY, HUNGRY, HUNGRY ! I could eat my right arm now, but sat with a calming cup of green tea. But can't stop thinking of food !! I want to go for a bath but my eldest is a little unsettled and don't want to disturb her. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this !!!

You can do this!! Try to find things to take your mind off it. Evenings are the hardest mind.. Hope the green tea helps a little xx

Thanks Rhee89 for the motivation ! I hope your journey is going well ?

Day 3 and a mighty busy day again. I wasn't hungry at all through the day and been a good girl and have drunk 3.5l of water, however come tonight I'm starving ! I'm on 4 packs today and finished my packs but sat this evening and feeling very restless. I was hoping that I had hit ketosis maybe I have and this is just an emotional / habit craving. Really binged badly over Xmas with lots of snacks at night time whilst watching telly - not good at all ! Think maybe an early night for me is required.

Keep going!! I too got used to the Christmas evening snacks, but now Ketosis is here I'm okay.

Any moment now you should be in the zone, and feeling much better!

You have done so well previously, you should be so proud x

Thanks GeeGee, wow you are doing so well already ! I am really hoping ketosis will be here soon, I feel really motivated not to cheat but feel now tonight so irritable as I'm feeling so hungry. Thank goodness hubby at work and kids tucked in bed so can be grumpy on own ! X

I had a complete sense of humour failure yesterday, nothing was funny and the world was crap :eek: today is totally the opposite though lol.

Keep going ! :)

I had a complete sense of humour failure yesterday, nothing was funny and the world was crap :eek: today is totally the opposite though lol.

Keep going ! :)

LOL ! I think I've had one of those days today ! Last night I was grumpy and today just plain miserable ! Think it's because I don't think I'm in ketosis yet and just feel so hungry. I've drunk nearly 4l water plus had 3 cups of green tea, had 3 packs and just my bar to have tonight, but absolutely starving ! Most prob not helped by the fact I've just cooked and served a lovely roast dinner for the family. I sat and had my lumpy curry as I made it wrong, grrr ! This time I'm doing sns I'm experimenting by not having the protein and veggies to see if I do lose any quicker, but I think I may have to change this if I still feel hungry tomorrow !

I hope you had another good day GeeGee !

Day 5 - woohoo ! I'm in ketosis, not been hungry all day and blooming freezing. I know that it's cold out there at mo, but I am so much colder than anyone in the family, so defo think its ketosis kicking in !

Had a brill day, still on 4 packs and no cheats. 4l of water and 3 green teas and finally booked my holiday. OMG, I have 4 weeks to shift some weight, ultra motivated now !

Waheyyyy great news!! Well done you!

That burst of energy and motivation is so good :p

4 weeks, is that until you go on holiday?

We are going in July somewhere, although not booked, so at least I have a while to slim down.

Hope this week is a good one for you!

Gem x

Thanks Gem ! :D So chuffed that I feel so much better today and feel so motivated ! Holiday booked for w/c 10th of feb, off to the Canaries, really want to get to 10 st and seeing the scales go down is keeping my spirits going. I hope I can do it, so need a boost of confidence to sit in a costume. It's great to have a goal to work towards, July will keep you motivated ! :D

Oooh lovely! I'm sure you can get to your goal, especially as you have hit ketosis now and are flying high :)

Holidays are such a good motivator.. no hiding when it's hot! I'm so bad for hiding in hoodies! But you can't do that on holiday.. :eek:

xx

Didn't get to post yday as sat on the sofa last night and promptly fell asleep. Feeling so ultra tired at the moment. I know I'm in ketosis and some people get lots of energy but I feel like my energy has been completely zapped. Anyway Day 7 nearly over and still 100%, excited for final weigh in tomorrow of my first week, I say final as I am a self confessed daily weigher. I just can't stop myself I have to weigh first thing after my wee and in the nod ! Right off to do kids bedtime, got to find some energy somewhere !

Hey, good luck for tomorrow!

I'm the same, get up, wee, weigh.. haha. I hope you get the weight loss you want!

I feel tired but strangely alert at the same time. I had 1 day of super motivation and then it's been a bit hit and miss since then, very odd, maybe it's the weather!

Didn't get to post yday as sat on the sofa last night and promptly fell asleep. Feeling so ultra tired at the moment. I know I'm in ketosis and some people get lots of energy but I feel like my energy has been completely zapped. Anyway Day 7 nearly over and still 100%, excited for final weigh in tomorrow of my first week, I say final as I am a self confessed daily weigher. I just can't stop myself I have to weigh first thing after my wee and in the nod ! Right off to do kids bedtime, got to find some energy somewhere !

Best of luck for your weigh in Hun :)

Thanks GeeGee and WPW for the encouragement !

Whoop whoop, I've lost 11lbs !! I just can't believe it, I put on 12 lb over about a 5 week break through Dec and Jan, but nearly lost it. So pleased ! I feel that I have a good chance now to get to 10 st or dare I even think it the 9's by the time I go on hold we 11 Feb. I Do feel motivated now !

Does anyone know how I can get the century club sticker off my wall, no idea how I got it on there !

Last edited:
OMG! That's brilliant!! Well done you!

11lbs!!!!!! bet you couldn't have dreamed of getting that much off!

Bet you can't wait to go on holiday now!
Gem x

OMG! That's brilliant!! Well done you!

11lbs!!!!!! bet you couldn't have dreamed of getting that much off!

Bet you can't wait to go on holiday now!
Gem x

Thanks GeeGee ! Never would have considered 11lb could be most first weeks loss, I just cannot believe it ! So thrilled, and so looking forward to my holiday !

Back