The Smash Pizza Debate 2015

I don't syn tweaks but I also don't use a lot of tweaks. I don't use smash but certainly the SW chips, crisps etc, as long as I'm not using more potato than I'd be consuming normally then I'm okay with slower losses (as they claim) for food I enjoy. The cous cous cake I kind of get but the smash one really gets to me because as you say, it's the same thing as chucking it on top of a pie and baking.

I'm a bit of a smoothie cheater, I make sure I use the same amount I would eat for say a fruit salad breakfast and only blend that and don't often syn it, I know the science behind the sugars etc but as far as I'm concerned a smoothie is healthier than the bagel and cheese I was having before, it's about being sustainable to you as an individual. Then again, I don't go to meetings so I kind of do my own thing anyway!

I don't syn tweaks but I also don't use a lot of tweaks. I don't use smash but certainly the SW chips, crisps etc, as long as I'm not using more potato than I'd be consuming normally then I'm okay with slower losses (as they claim) for food I enjoy. The cous cous cake I kind of get but the smash one really gets to me because as you say, it's the same thing as chucking it on top of a pie and baking.

I'm a bit of a smoothie cheater, I make sure I use the same amount I would eat for say a fruit salad breakfast and only blend that and don't often syn it, I know the science behind the sugars etc but as far as I'm concerned a smoothie is healthier than the bagel and cheese I was having before, it's about being sustainable to you as an individual. Then again, I don't go to meetings so I kind of do my own thing anyway!

There is no science with sugars. Blending fruit doesn't make it magically have more sugar. The idea behind not having smoothies is because you are drinking, rather than eating/chewing, its less filling. personally, I find smoothies just as filling as eating a bowl of yogurt and fruit....so I say, carry on!! ;)

There is no science with sugars. Blending fruit doesn't make it magically have more sugar. The idea behind not having smoothies is because you are drinking, rather than eating/chewing, its less filling. personally, I find smoothies just as filling as eating a bowl of yogurt and fruit....so I say, carry on!! ;)

I didn't mean it creates more lol, I meant you're pre-breaking them down, there's lots of arguments that smoothies are worse for you than plain fruit - but I thnink the logic between SW is that it's more sugar because you use more when I don't. But I do agree, I find them filling too, perhaps they think we all juice them rather than blend? :)

Thank you for your comments - i am really liking them. I'm glad you see my point about smash because it is true you still bake it in other ways and its ok. I don't do a lot of tweaks like you, i'm only trying them out as i've previously been a little bit anti- and you must follow the plan to a T! Now i'm a little more open as the plan keeps changing too.

I've never tried the cous cous cake - not too sure that i will. But again i'll try anything once!

I'm with you on fruit - its fruit, its goes all mushy in your stomach like a its been blended or what ever - i understand the pre-bought ones but the home-made ones where you know what your putting into it - nothing wrong with that in my eyes - its just fruit. Next you'll tell me if you freeze it you'll have to syn it.... lol.

Thank you for your comments - i am really liking them. I'm glad you see my point about smash because it is true you still bake it in other ways and its ok. I don't do a lot of tweaks like you, i'm only trying them out as i've previously been a little bit anti- and you must follow the plan to a T! Now i'm a little more open as the plan keeps changing too.

I've never tried the cous cous cake - not too sure that i will. But again i'll try anything once!

I'm with you on fruit - its fruit, its goes all mushy in your stomach like a its been blended or what ever - i understand the pre-bought ones but the home-made ones where you know what your putting into it - nothing wrong with that in my eyes - its just fruit. Next you'll tell me if you freeze it you'll have to syn it.... lol.

Oh try the couscous cake, it's surprisingly nice, I have a small piece with fruit sometimes in the evening, but I make sure I don't eat too much of it though. I also do a few other tweaks but make sure my day doesn't consist of tweaks!!!

Oh try the couscous cake, it's surprisingly nice, I have a small piece with fruit sometimes in the evening, but I make sure I don't eat too much of it though. I also do a few other tweaks but make sure my day doesn't consist of tweaks!!!

Wow i might have to, i've just done scan bran muffins and weetabix muffins so i'm sure i'll be easily persuaded back to cake soon enough! I don't fill my days with tweaks.... not even my weeks or months. Everything in moderation i say, unless you can see it making a massive difference.

Thanks for the response,
Lee

The whole fruit debate frustrates me no end.I mean how can a fruit change that much purely by making it warmer..
for instance , I add frozen raspberries to my porridge , and by the time I'm eating it, the berries are hot and mushy....now, do I need to syn them in that state??.. Crazes me.

Fruit is fruit in my opinion.

The whole fruit debate frustrates me no end.I mean how can a fruit change that much purely by making it warmer..
for instance , I add frozen raspberries to my porridge , and by the time I'm eating it, the berries are hot and mushy....now, do I need to syn them in that state??.. Crazes me.

Fruit is fruit in my opinion.

I agree too, if you put heaps of sugar on your strawberries (good god, how awful) then i see the need to syn them but anything else - really?! What happens if i eat the end of my slightly bashed and mushy banana?!

Ok got an interesting take on this debate..... The whole syns for tweaks and that. It was from a previous thread, so i thought it was relevant here too...

Using 'tweaks' for regular meals would mean you are using it as part of a meal and not a snack, as long as you are still having Speed food and all that to go with it. So for example, a smash pizza would be ok if you had a salad and loads of speedy foods as toppings. However, if you are doing tweaks for snacks then you should syn them. For example, a cous cous cake would need to be synned because its part of a snack food, with no speed foods and all that to go with it.

So another interesting point. Me - so far i like it another positive in favour of the debate, also to me, the cous cous cake, unless you are eating a full cake day after day weeks on end. Besides the amount of syns in a cous cous cake will be about the same as a small piece of regular cake! Be cautious and don't over do it - if you notice a gain then you might have your answer.....

Personally, if I'm doing a tweaky recipe.. I have it inside of, instead of ON TOP of what I would normally eat.

So for example, if I'm making KFC style chicken using smash as the coating.. I'll have it with a salad instead of chips and veg. That way, you're not eating more carbs than you normally would.

SW has to protect its brand. It can't be encouraging us to eat everything and anything unlimited because people will no doubt end up blaming SW for not losing weight.

Sometimes you have to use some common sense.

If you're eating a tweaky food all the time, syn it. If you're not and its only every so often, then don't. That's my ethos anyway.

Personally, if I'm doing a tweaky recipe.. I have it inside of, instead of ON TOP of what I would normally eat.

So for example, if I'm making KFC style chicken using smash as the coating.. I'll have it with a salad instead of chips and veg. That way, you're not eating more carbs than you normally would.

SW has to protect its brand. It can't be encouraging us to eat everything and anything unlimited because people will no doubt end up blaming SW for not losing weight.

Sometimes you have to use some common sense.

If you're eating a tweaky food all the time, syn it. If you're not and its only every so often, then don't. That's my ethos anyway.

I like your thinking and love the ethos too!

Back