The sometimes crazy world of the teeny wobbly one!! (I will not roll down aisle!!)

Hello All!!

I was inspired by a fellow bride and minimins member to start a diary of my weight loss journey as I prepare for my wedding in July 2015!!

So I shall start as with a somewhat of an introduction...

I'm Kara, 24 years young and mother to 3 beautiful children!! Once upon a time I was known as the slim short one aka Smurfette but now feel I resemble a terrible rip off of Vicky Pollard (yes I am BOVAR'D lol)
Three children in three years has left a lovely extra 6/7st behind :sigh: despite my half hearted previous efforts I have failed to get any smaller then 13st before I lose the plot and gain it back :(

So your probs wondering why now?? Well my darling o/h of nearly 5 years proposed in October last year (3 days before our 3rd child was born) and once the excitement of a new baby had settled I was left thinking.....FIDDLESTICKS I DONT want to be rolled down the aisle :(!!

So here I am now, size 18-20, saggy, scaly (psoriasis has flared since my gain) and downright miserable I decided, I am in charge of my weight and for once I would rule it instead of it ruling me!!! So first stop got the DEPO (no more wee ones anytime soon please) and then ordered a 4 week pack of exante (admittedly not my first attempted it in 2011 before discovering I was pregnant) and despite 2 false starts I am here, currently drinking a thai chicken soup and letting all the years of pent up weight insecurity out!!

Day one is going better then expected no hunger pangs I've decided to replace at LEAST two meals (will attempt three but for now will have chicken and steamed veg) and slowly wean myself off the solid stuff. So far managed 11lbs since October so I know it can be done :) My first target being my engagement party on 17th may this year and hoping to get into a size 14 dress!!

So after my rant I do apologise for length of my first post into the diary but hope those who read it can have an insight into the weird and crazy world of me :D!!!

Good luck to you all and will keep you all updated.

Hi Kara (again). Welcome to the forum and good luck. You've certainly got incentives to lose weight. Keeping a diary and following otherpeople's helps hold you to account and also provides lots of encouragement, advice and support. A good decision.

Good luck with the diet.

My first target date is 17th may too for a very long overdue night out!

I am determind i wont be fat!!

Hope day 1 is easy on you :)

Hi Kara, Hope all goes well with the diet, just focus on your wedding when you feel low and I'm sure you will get there.

Good Luck on your Exante journey.

I look forward to reading your diary.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes :)

Day 1 was great during the day but soon as it came to the evening my body decided it was starving, did have a little slip but exercised and told myself Rome wasn't built in a day and would work harder tomorrow!

So day 2 arrives and I decided to be a bit different and add coffee to my morning shake (vanilla) and it tastes BEAUTIFUL!!! Hoping this evening my darling kiddies let me exercise, yesterday I had to keep stopping. Will definitely drink more today, struggling to drink recommended water intake, any tips?

Continue as I mean to go on :)

I find it easier just to concentrate on the diet for the first week or so and try to get more walking in. The main thing is to get past those first 3 days and get into ketosis. Easier (not easy, it never is) but easier!

Hello again :D you can do this! I'm slightly jealous that you have some time on your side before your wedding. If I could turn back the clock, I would have tried to get closer to goal before dress shopping, and would also have like to reach target weight 6 months or so before the big day so that I could focus on exercising and toning. As it stands, I'm in last minute panic mode hoping to lose 3 stones in 4 months - possible, but definitely not the best place to be.

As Lynne says, focus on getting yourself settled into ketosis then it does get more manageable (I won't say easy, as it doesn't feel easy for me). Stick it out and you'll look gorgeous and slim for your engagement party :D let us know how you get on today xx

Stick with it, it really does get easier once you are in ketosis - after the first 3/4 days.

Take it from me, starting and stopping just prolongs the pain :eek:

Thanks Ladies :)

I only set up this far in advance as my willpowers awful, think I maybe left too much of a run up. But be glad to maintain if I get to my desired number on scale and like you said try and tone/tighten it all up.

So day 3 here, I know from previous slips im not yet in ketosis but I have manages 3 products today. Not really drank anything as have a rotten cold so added extra water to products. Going to try drinking more this evening to curb hunger pangs. Determined is def a new word for me Ive even set alarms to my hunger pangs throughout day (starting from tomorrow) so I have something when im actually hungry lol.
Loved adding spices etc to my soups quite suprised they are so thick and rick and my caramel toffee & mint choc shakes arrived today so looking forward to them :D Im so hoping I have a kinder number on the scales come saturday!!!

Carry on strong ladies!!!!

xx

Glad to hear you're still hanging in there KA - wont be long now until ketosis kicks in and it should all start to feel much easier :) x

Hi Kara. You'll soon be over the worst bit and when you get to your weigh in day it will all be worth it! Well done for today. Stay determined!

Hi! Well done - you've got through the worst of it, hopefully you'll be feeling a bit more energised now. I'm pretty good with my water but I know it's a struggle for some. I put my water in a jug and pour it into a smallish glass (psychologically it makes me think that I'm not drinking huge amounts of it and it's easier to get down!) and have a good few hot drinks a day - peppermint / green / black tea. The water flavourings also help and the Exante ones are quite nice - they taste like squash. Otherwise, try getting in the habit of having a glass before you go to the loo. :)

Hello All :)

I'm sorry I've not been online. Ended up on a break from plan for a week due to a very painful dental abcess :cry:

Back on plan from today as pains a little less now my painkillers are sorted (back to dentist Monday to hopefully sort it out)

Weighed myself and am pleased to say I only gained a lb (that may have been the lucozade :rolleyes:)

Very ready to go and pleased my whole outlook on food has changed, I'm no longer getting the hunger pangs anymore and despite my tooth feel pretty good. Managed 14lbs in 3 weeks (despite my slip ups) and I can not grumble with that at all :D

Staying positive and on plan!! Only 15 weeks to go till my engagement party so Im hoping to get a nice loss in that time with good behaviour :banana dancer:

Heres to getting into a size 14 dress!!!!

How are you doing Kara?

Back