The start to my 7 stone loss!!

Well done on your willpower Jess its so easy to be tempted by places that have lovely menus. Your ferrero's look scrummy

Hey jess,

Just read through your thread and am insprired by your willpower.
Well done on your success so far.
I'm on my first week of SW and am not sure that it is working for me. Don;t feel any thinner and feel really down.
Ah well - sticking to it.
What are SW crisps??

Emms.

SW crisp are lovely. You just peel a potato, making thin slices, spray with fry light, season and put in microwavw for 5-6 minutes! Use grease proof paper tho! I didn't on my first attempt and ruined a plate! Lol.
xx

Hey jess,

I'm on my first week of SW and am not sure that it is working for me. Don;t feel any thinner and feel really down.
What are SW crisps??

Emms.

hello & thanks :) .... welcome to my page & to slimming world!
Oh i so know what you mean, some weeks when ive been good but eat loads i dont feel any thinner. the other week i lost 5lb. i was so shocked as i didnt feel i did or anything, but after i got home i looked in the mirror an just felt slimmer & that i looked it.. Strange how your mind works eh!!
Whens your first weigh in?

like Chezza said, peel potato an thinly slice (i use one of them cheese slicers or other side on my cheese grater) Spray with frylight an season with what ever flavor an put in microwave. be careful as whole depate of its a 'tweek' which is using free foods in ways you shouldnt as you could eat tremendously more that way. i.e. you couldnt eat 3 potatoes boiled or mashed etc but made into crisps you could.

xx

hello & thanks :) .... welcome to my page & to slimming world!
Oh i so know what you mean, some weeks when ive been good but eat loads i dont feel any thinner. the other week i lost 5lb. i was so shocked as i didnt feel i did or anything, but after i got home i looked in the mirror an just felt slimmer & that i looked it.. Strange how your mind works eh!!
Whens your first weigh in?

like Chezza said, peel potato an thinly slice (i use one of them cheese slicers or other side on my cheese grater) Spray with frylight an season with what ever flavor an put in microwave. be careful as whole depate of its a 'tweek' which is using free foods in ways you shouldnt as you could eat tremendously more that way. i.e. you couldnt eat 3 potatoes boiled or mashed etc but made into crisps you could.

xx

The power of the mind is really and truly amazing - I am just starting to realise that. What we think we will become - so if you believe and really make time (and it can be while in the shower, bath or waiting for kids etc) that you are getting thinner, your subconscious will listen and do it's best to make that happen. Try some affirmations - I've just started them & last year would have told you it was all ridiculous nonsense from people who eat tissues ;-)
As for eating 3 potatoes - the old me could have tackled 3lb of them head on, never mind 3 .... lol.

oh and forgot to add - do you know how bloody fantastic you have done? Really - your diary will inspire so many people. I nearly tried xenical as never thought "I" could lose weight, so glad it took a different path, as not only have I lost the weight, I claimed the responsibility and own my own success - and you do too.

Hey jess,

What are SW crisps??

Emms.

I like your goals. I love swimming. Good Luck - SW can you give you the right food - only you can bring the right spirit.

The power of the mind is really and truly amazing - I am just starting to realise that. What we think we will become - so if you believe and really make time (and it can be while in the shower, bath or waiting for kids etc) that you are getting thinner, your subconscious will listen and do it's best to make that happen. Try some affirmations - I've just started them & last year would have told you it was all ridiculous nonsense from people who eat tissues ;-)
As for eating 3 potatoes - the old me could have tackled 3lb of them head on, never mind 3 .... lol.

well i mean large ones but on SW lol. never mind the old us ;) but sometimes our will power does cave!

oh and forgot to add - do you know how bloody fantastic you have done? Really - your diary will inspire so many people. I nearly tried xenical as never thought "I" could lose weight, so glad it took a different path, as not only have I lost the weight, I claimed the responsibility and own my own success - and you do too.

:eek: thank you, sometimes i dont think it or feel it when weight loss slows or been rocky with lots of gains but its my own fault an not been as focused or will powered.. Im also glad i tried a different path, im glad you did too. if our weight is that much of a issue we were going to do something drastic for it then i feel that that gives us the last kick we need to actually loose it ourself! :)

well i mean large ones but on SW lol. never mind the old us ;) but sometimes our will power does cave!

:eek: thank you, sometimes i dont think it or feel it when weight loss slows or been rocky with lots of gains but its my own fault an not been as focused or will powered.. Im also glad i tried a different path, im glad you did too. if our weight is that much of a issue we were going to do something drastic for it then i feel that that gives us the last kick we need to actually loose it ourself! :)

And I've discovered that giving yourself a kick up the ass is actually really good at improving your flexibility - I think everyone should try it at least once a day - 10 times ;) .... with each leg ....
I often think if I hadn't done x or y then I could be this or this - but look at the much bigger picture - read your first post every day and see what the rest of us see - just how far you have come.

2lb every week between now and Christmas - we know we've got it in us ... can we get it out?

Hey Jess and Largerthanmost - thanks for replies!
I am feeling a little better and had a sneaky weigh in at home this morning and have lost 4lbs! so am dead chuffed.
I've experimented a bit with foods this weekend and made a really lovely spicy veg soup which is all free and have filled up on that.
Thanks for your encouraging words - you are right LTM - Only I can bring the spirit!
I'm loving the swimming and am determined to keep it up and make it a good habit!
I look forward to keeping in touch and sharing goals etc through the coming weeks...

Emms xx

My goal this week is a four lb loss!! I need this! Last week...I'm putting down to practise! Lol!

How are weall doing?

Just had another SW quiche and OMG was beautiful!

xx

And I've discovered that giving yourself a kick up the ass is actually really good at improving your flexibility - I think everyone should try it at least once a day - 10 times ;) .... with each leg ....
I often think if I hadn't done x or y then I could be this or this - but look at the much bigger picture - read your first post every day and see what the rest of us see - just how far you have come.

2lb every week between now and Christmas - we know we've got it in us ... can we get it out?

haha yes or even 20 times a day! Christmas, yes we can get it out of us! my 6 month goal/challenge for xmas is to get my 6 stone. (51lb to go when started) 21lb to go now. so really hope i hit it :)

Ive also got 8lb for Nov challenge, 2lb each week so FX i can achieve :)

Hey Jess and Largerthanmost - thanks for replies!
I am feeling a little better and had a sneaky weigh in at home this morning and have lost 4lbs! so am dead chuffed.
I've experimented a bit with foods this weekend and made a really lovely spicy veg soup which is all free and have filled up on that.
Thanks for your encouraging words - you are right LTM - Only I can bring the spirit!
I'm loving the swimming and am determined to keep it up and make it a good habit!
I look forward to keeping in touch and sharing goals etc through the coming weeks...

Emms xx

thats amazing Emms! whens your weigh in? tomorrow for me an hoping for a nice loss as been really good!
i love cooking now, experiment with all sorts of foods an quite surprising how nice some things turn out :) hubby really enjoys alot of them too. xx

My goal this week is a four lb loss!! I need this! Last week...I'm putting down to practise! Lol!

How are weall doing?

Just had another SW quiche and OMG was beautiful!

xx

could i be silly an want 7lb haha. i gained last week so further away from my next stone bracket an stone award.. no il be happy with 3lb!

on weekend im trying tuna & cheese quiches. Got halloween party so making SW friendly nibbles. looking forward to the trifle an ferrero rochers ;)

Todays menu, chocolate crunch all bran & semi skimmed milk (1 heA + B)... lunch, spicy & sweet mug shot, apple. dinner will be chips, quorn, curry sauce, veg(not decided which yet)

I would prefer 7lbs but I know I won't get there! I went crazy over weekend with wine! Stuck to it with food but WAY too much wine!

At the weekend I'm having brother and sis in law round (OH doesn't know yet :-S - He's not very socialable! Lol!) so going to do a _Pork Rosat dinner! My Fave!

Tonights tea is turkey breast stuffed with chive philly wrapped in Parma Ham and roasted Veg. Yummy!

I've been to green grocers to and bought a butternut squash to make soup and some asparagus to have with Smoked Haddock and poached egg!! Yum!!

xx

you are so in the zone which is fab, Im in the zone at the moment - but my losses are slowing down so I think I need to kick start with the plan again and hake my body up lol!
Where abouts roughly in East Yorks are you? (dont say if you'd rather not) it's just that Im from East Yorks too and wondered if we were any where near each other? xx

sounds lovely Chezza! i do mine wrapped in bacon, or with crushed garlic an fromage frais in middle :)

Oh im awful with drinking, as in even if within syns i gain :( :( so have fun! is the roast SW friendly? xx

@Rainbow... mine have slowed down since im over 4st down already, which im guessing will slow down even more... Oh its ok im more towards Hull. You? xx

i will still do all the trimmings, homemade Yorkshire puds, roast potatoes etc but all I'll have is pork, veg and gravy! I can't eat potatoes much anyway! But I'm going to buy a lean joint, without any skin for crackling! I literally am a bugger for Crackling!! I usually buy a pork joint big enough to feed five or six people, just so I can crisp all that crackling and eat it all throughout the evening after dinner!! I LOVE it!
xx

Oh im the same for cracking!! i just dont buy the ones for it lol. id eat it all an THEN realise!! lol

I'd eat it all and know but wouldn't care at the time!! It's one of them foods that would be my last meal! Lol!

And for the dessert choc cake for them and gonna look at doing a meringue with raspberries and blackberries for me and the sis in law! Yummy!

xx

I'm kinda between Hull and York, not far from Bev..... we prob arent too far away from each other! How long have you been doing SW? xxx

Back