Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

the super bean soup

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by teen, 28 July 2011 Social URL.

1. teen

teen post op loser

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(43.82%)
    Just got a batch on the go in the slow cooker smells lovely I was thinking of blending some and using it to pour over pasta has anyone done this and if so was it ok

Thanx:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    Is it a big batch? I've only cooked it twice - once on the cooker top and once in the slow cooker.

The batch made on the cooker top reduced a lot to leave a very chunky tasty stew type soup which worked perfect left lumpy with pasta or sweet potato wedges.

The batch made in the slow cooker definitely stayed like more of a soup - after a couple of bowls of chunky soup I blended it down to a smooth variety.

Personally I didn't use this as a pasta sauce but I have definitely heard of others using it as sauce substitute with pasta, chilli etc.

Yummy!

4. NumNumPigsBum

NumNumPigsBum "The Stig" Pig

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.6lb(15.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    if it's the same and the superspeed soup (think it is) then I blitz it and add it to my bolognaise sauce to increase my super speed. The kids even eat it despite "hating" all the ingredients ;) Means you can use less meat too as it bulks it right out.

5. teen

teen post op loser

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(43.82%)
    Just had a bowl left it chuncky and it was yummy

6. helzzz

helzzz loves SW!!

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've used the speed soup as a pasta sauce with quorn chicken pieces and it was lovely. A good way to use up the gallons of soup that it makes!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.