the super bean soup

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by teen, 28 July 2011 Social URL.

1. teen

teen post op loser

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(43.82%)
    Just got a batch on the go in the slow cooker smells lovely I was thinking of blending some and using it to pour over pasta has anyone done this and if so was it ok

Thanx:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    Is it a big batch? I've only cooked it twice - once on the cooker top and once in the slow cooker.

The batch made on the cooker top reduced a lot to leave a very chunky tasty stew type soup which worked perfect left lumpy with pasta or sweet potato wedges.

The batch made in the slow cooker definitely stayed like more of a soup - after a couple of bowls of chunky soup I blended it down to a smooth variety.

Personally I didn't use this as a pasta sauce but I have definitely heard of others using it as sauce substitute with pasta, chilli etc.

Yummy!

4. NumNumPigsBum

NumNumPigsBum "The Stig" Pig

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.6lb(15.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    if it's the same and the superspeed soup (think it is) then I blitz it and add it to my bolognaise sauce to increase my super speed. The kids even eat it despite "hating" all the ingredients ;) Means you can use less meat too as it bulks it right out.

5. teen

teen post op loser

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(43.82%)
    Just had a bowl left it chuncky and it was yummy

6. helzzz

helzzz loves SW!!

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've used the speed soup as a pasta sauce with quorn chicken pieces and it was lovely. A good way to use up the gallons of soup that it makes!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.