The Temperance Thread

Lady Marmalade

Bad girl warning...
temperance.jpg

Okay, so maybe I don't want to be quite THAT po-faced about it, but I thought I could do with a thread to help me stay off the old booze for a bit and see if I can start losing again. I may need to bump this from time to time to stiffen my resolve, especially at weekends which is when I tend to think "I've had a hard week, I *deserve* to have a drink dammit!". What that really means is that I reckon I "deserve" to stall my weight loss, completely reverse my dietary and exercise efforts for the week, and wake up the next morning feeling lousy! When I put it like that, it just seems so silly.

So in this thread I might put stuff about how I've distracted myself with other activities or rewards, or confessions about falling off the wagon, or I might just have a good old moan from time to time.

My first goal is to go two weekends without a drink, after which I might reward myself on the 3rd weekend with a really nice bottle of wine. Or I might get there and feel like I'd rather go another weekend without, who knows.

Anyone wanting to go a spell without booze and maybe needing a bit of support is welcome to join me in here!

That lot wouldn't get a kiss from, me, that's for sure, looks like they drove their men to drink. :D

Good luck, and I'm so pleased I never had to go on the wagon.

LOL, yes indeed. :)

Good luck Lady M!

Hello and good luck!

I'm a teetotaller so here for support if you need it (and hopefully proof that many a fun, silly night out can be had without the booze :))

x

What about the one 2nd from left on the middle row? Hugh Grant?

Middle bottom = Tony Robinson.

Well one night down and resolve still intact. I treated myself to a Coke zero - wooo, rock 'n' roll. My indian takeaway gave me shockingly bad windypops all evening (sorry tmi) so I didn't really feel like drinking anyway on such an unsettled stomach.

Three weeks seems like a longish time but when I think about it, I would usually only have booze on a Friday and/or Saturday night, so it's really only four nights. I'm 1/4 of the way there already.

I must sound like a right alchy to some...!

If you'd told me 10 years ago that I would soon be a non-smoker, non-drinker and carefully watching my diet I would never have believed it! What have I become... :rolleyes:

Just found this thread ( sneaking in when I can) I think Ditzeblonde has a great signature, why not adopt it? Since I started Atkins I haven't had a drink until a week past Friday. It adds lbs to me, find I no longer miss it.

Er, who'd want to kiss that lot??
Good luck hon.

OK, so how did last night go Girls?

Still on the wagon here. :) Wasn't too hard although I was pretty bored/fed up at some points. On the plus side, the weekend did seem to go a LOT slower! ;)

I did appreciate having a clearer head and more energy on Sat/Sun morning. Walked into town AND BACK on Sat and did loads of heavy housework on Sunday, so I got a lot more done than I would have otherwise.

Once the novelty of it wears off it might get harder to stick to. So one day at at time still. I am finding that having the 'reward' wine to look forward to is helping me stick to it though. I must be a carrot/stick type of person.

Oh good LM, be interesting to see the end results. I've always wondered at my perversity of having my weigh in on a Saturday, when Friday was my boozing/donner night. LOL

-4lbs!!!

:bliss:

Well, 3.8lbs to be precise, but I round down as much as I round up so it all evens out in the end. :)

That's just the encouragement I need to stick with it. I had a feeling it was going to be harder this weekend because the novelty has worn off.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week, whether it will slow/stall (as tends to happen after a whoosie) or if I can continue to lose. A 2lb loss next week will take me into the 150s, so that's a good motivator!

Back