The Temperance Thread

Looks like your temperance paid off love. :)

Well done again LM, bet you're made up love! :) Good luck for the bank hols with no drinking, hope the loss will keep you motivated..

Just popped in to see how you are doing - GREAT!! Keep it up! Another week and I will be joining you :-|

I feel really good on it, AM, I wish I'd done this weeks ago.

I also don't seem to have the trouble sleeping that I was expecting to have. I have a bit of a tough day ahead visiting my folks tho, and that's enough to drive anyone to drink, so fingers crossed for tonight...

Good luck hun... I'm going out to work so no drinkie poos for me either.. Though like you i'll no doubt be wanting n needing one!

Lady M, only just caught up with this thread. We used to have a glass of wine at the weekends and then it became readily available in supermarkets. (You can tell I'm very, very old !)
So, it became a nightly treat. I'd enjoy a glass while cooking the supper but that was it. Then I started Cambridge and didn't drink at all for a few months. One of my daughter's got married in May, so I came off the diet then and ate sensibly and didn't put weight on, but what I have found with alcohol, even though I've never been a big drinker is that it lowers my resolve to keep away from unsuitable foods and of course it has a lot of calories in it - well my favourite good red wines do!
So, the rest of the family are still happily having a drink, but I don't. It definately stalls my weight loss. I'll join them when I've lost the rest.

Oh dear. Well after a pretty harrowing day on Saturday I was very upset and sought solace in some vodka n pepsi max. Oh, and on Sunday night as well.:eek: And just sort of wallowed around for the rest of the weekend. Pretty disappointed in myself, here.

So back on the wagon and no 'reward' wine for me for at least two more weekends...

GAH, after such an amazing WI result as well, and being on the verge of breaking through into the 150s... :mad:

I am rubbish.

Your not rubbish... your just human!! Well done for getting back on track... at the end of the day its how you deal with the stumble that really matters!! Give yourself a break... the girls doing good. xx

I agree LM, you're not rubbish at all love, we all stumble occasionally.

Oh dear. Well after a pretty harrowing day on Saturday I was very upset and sought solace in some vodka n pepsi max. Oh, and on Sunday night as well.:eek: And just sort of wallowed around for the rest of the weekend. Pretty disappointed in myself, here.

So back on the wagon and no 'reward' wine for me for at least two more weekends...

GAH, after such an amazing WI result as well, and being on the verge of breaking through into the 150s... :mad:

I am rubbish.

Now what ever gave you that idea, because it's a rubbish ;) one!! You are one classy lady & don't you forget it! You are back on the waggon now - yay! :bliss:You are heading for the 150s, girl... :D:D

Last edited:
I fell off the waggon yesterday LM - Tia Maria n diet coke, Pimms n full fat lemonade, rose wine... also had carbs to soak it all up! You're doing grand lovey, back on the waggon today for me too! Until thurs though as i have drinks again then.. lol.. my resolve is less than yours you see!

Now what ever gave you that idea, because it's a rubbish ;) one!! You are one classy lady & don't you forget it! You are back on the wagon now - yay! :bliss:You are heading for the 150s, girl... :D:D

Wow I'm really blushing here! Aww, you're all too kind. I am my own worst critic but really all I can do is put it behind me and start over.

LOL @ Claire - so glad I'm not the only boozy bird on the board. :D

+0.5lb this week. The 150s inch further out of my grasp!!!

Well I suppose on the bright side, this pretty much confirms that it is the booze that stalls me. Although I occasionally have managed to lose 1-2lb in weeks where I've had a few drinks at the weekend, if I want real and consistant results I'll have to cling onto this damn wagon as hard as I can. If I have a dry weekend now, probably next week's result will confirm it once and for all.

I think I may even put the reward wine a bit further out of reach, and only pop it open when I'm much closer to my goal weight. It's nice to be able to unwind and indulge after a hard week, but getting to my goal weight in, say, 10 weeks would be soooo much sweeter! And I have to ask myself, does the booze *really* help me to cope with stress - or does it just add to it?

Maybe I should stop fannying about, set my goal date back, put my foot on the gas and really GO FOR IT.

Who on this site said " Nothing tastes as well as being slim feels"? Oh how right they are - as I have realized in the past & hope to confirm sometime in the future!
We will get there my friends. :D

Last edited:
That is true, Wrinkly - it's only when I get to goal that I will be able to truly ENJOY my occasional indulgences, instead of just feeling really bad about myself. Until I get to goal, they're not really treats they're more like punishments!

Lol, I have just noticed you are 'angelic' at the moment! Now there's a thought - where can my wings be hiding???

Hi LM, how's it going love?

Welcome back Jim! I'm okay, picked up a bit of a throat infection but still staying off the booze. I've started a(nother) new thread about my new start.

Hope you had a great holiday!

OK, I'll go and find it then love.

Back