The things that people say.......

The colleague who said today 'to be totally truthful, I think you looked better before. You've gone too far, you're losing your looks. You just look normal now. Being bigger gave you a certain kind of aura and made you different' This is from a guy, by the way, not a woman. Should add that I'm at target at 10 and a half stone and hardly twig-like! It really ****ed me off and upset me - what an insensitive thing to say!

Bagpuss - i dont know whether to laugh or cry at your colleague's comments! There is just no pleasing some people.

I think people get used to seeing us a certain size and then when we are a normal size, for them, we look odd!

my wonderful comments
'oh opey your wasting away'
'we can see the bones in your neck its discusting you look anorexic'
'you've lost too much i think you should stop'

My colleagues say to me

'but yu dont look like a size 20, more like a size 16, you sont want to lose more than a stone or 2...'

when i tell them i need to lose 6
If i look size 16 at 197kg will I look size 0 at 75kg?

HA! I just tell them half my weight is my brain!

My daughter made her Nursery staff laugh

My daughter was at nursery the other day and was offered a yogurt. She was eating it and told them - My Mummy doesn't like yogurt any more -" Oh dear" they replied - she said "My Mummys bum is too fat, so she can't have any of my food"!!
Oh well - at least she listens !!
Ta

Also, my slightly overweight SIL recently said " I had better be careful or you'll be smaller than me soon." This just before I handed back a pair of (lovely) hand me down jeans from her. Too small so passed to me, but too big for me!!!! (I admit it did feel good!!!!)

My SIL said exactly the same things about but added that she thought the diet wouldn't work!!! Yeah and almost 3 stone just fell off me did it???!!!! Any who she is now a devot CD and is on the 790! As I am now lighter and thinner than her!! HAHA!!! TBF She is doing really well and I am so proud of her! She says the same about me now!
xxx

I've now lost 4st 1lb (over 13 weeks) and I saw someone the other day who I'd not seen since I began cd and she said to me, "You look YOUNGER"....which is absolutely fantastic but I actually had to tell her that I'd lost 4 STONE !!!! I do wonder how much different I actually look??

xx sj xx

My colleagues say to me
'but yu dont look like a size 20, more like a size 16, you sont want to lose more than a stone or 2...'

They mean they don't want you to lose much weight probably because they are either overweight themselves and don't like to see others taking control of their lives and getting more fit, healthy and attractive or because they are slim and see you as a potential rival.

Go show them girl - you can be whatever you want to be.

I work with a girl who is probably a size 12/14 and I am not far off that now, she always says to me, oh you are doing so well etc etc, the other day she said, ' you are looking fab, what size are you now ??, a 16-18 ' !!! god knows where she gets off, I really am not far off her size now and she thinks I am a 16-18 !!.

What a b!tch. Obviously jealous.

My daughter was at nursery the other day and was offered a yogurt. She was eating it and told them - My Mummy doesn't like yogurt any more -" Oh dear" they replied - she said "My Mummys bum is too fat, so she can't have any of my food"!!
Oh well - at least she listens !!
Ta

Out of the mouths of babes! :giggle::giggle:

Back