The thread with no title?

Prettyfacebut?

...body-has-caught-up!!!!
Hello All:)
It's been a while.....I have been lurking:hide: for no particular reason.....
It's strange (well I am;)) but I'm feeling...um....er....flat....I think is the best way to describe it...neither high or low, happy or sad....just flat.
So... any opinions welcomed:psiholog:....
Been pretty stressed at work (love my job but hate the 'people politics')
Feeling increasingly unhappy with my CDC (by the way Summerskye...thanks for the reply to my emails...I am in the process of deciding what to do)
Getting positive comments about my losses pretty much everyday....not enjoying them any more:confused:
0lbs or 4lbs loss at weigh in....not feeling anything really:confused:
As you can see, I'm just feeling flat?
Weird (and good) thing is I'm still sticking to CD...just on auto-pilot I suppose.
What I will say is that my head hasn't caught up with my changing body. Yeah I notice things (tried to do some sit-ups but cant cos my 'bum-bone' hurts), seeing collar bones, feeling ribs etc...but still feel like I take up too much room in the world?
I am past half way on my journey....is this a normal 'slump'??
Thanks all
X

me too. Flat as a flat thing.

My scales say I have gained 4lb. I don't give a toss. Pass me that muffin............

Sorry you are feeling flat...before you dieted did you have times when you felt like this or is it a new thing
If you are prone to feeling like this(I know I am!)I don't think that losing weight will automatically make these down times go away.I think as"big" woman we think everything in our lives will suddenly be better cause we are slimmer,for some of us it's not like that.
I have days when I feel fabulous and feel as if my life is restarting,but other days when dark clouds are looming.
I hope you feel happier again soon....I'm sure you will

you no how we feel when we get something new and then the exitement wears off and we start looking for something els in life to make us happy again well your going threw that hun.. DO YOU REMEMBER HOW YOU FELT AT YOUR BOGGEST well they dont compare do they hun.. your taking your work home with you which is a bad thing.. when you leave work leave your thoughts in your work and learn to enjoy not being at work again..get some nice scented candles have a bib long bubble bath with some mellow music reading your fav mags.. then paint your nails and blow dry your hair telling yourself the weights of your worroys are being blown away the more dryer your hair gets.. as for your cdc tell her how you feel as she wouldnt have a job without you hun.. goodluck you just need cheering up xxx

Sounds familiar! I had a slump just like describe, first you have the excitement of starting CD and all the promise it holds, then you have the losses which spur you on, then you see yourself shrinking and start feeling fab, then people start noticing which boosts your self confidence and then....... nothing. You continue to shrink but all those first times (first weigh in, first smaller dress size, first time someone notices) have gone and you are just getting on with getting on, it's just a way of life. Blimey that sounds morose but it was the only way I could analyse it. It was shortly followed by mucho crying as my head started to catch up with my body and comprehend the enormity of what was happening to me, changes both inside and out and this may be part of it.

Although the above might sound negative it really isn't. The initial euphoria does wear off for a while as you just get on with the job at hand but trust me it soon returns as you approach goal and by heck it blows your socks off with an inner contentment I never dreamt of.

Keep on keeping on babes, it will be worth every step.

Gxx

ditto ditto ditto!

If Johnny Depp sauntered past butt naked I'd struggle to notice (obviously if Mrs Depp allowed of course!) Can't be ar*sed to stand, sit, walk, laugh, cry or break wind - so flat is the word. just had some peanut butter (don't know why, I hate the stuff but did) can't even feel guilty. Hope this passes for everyone really soon - i'm sounding like a right moaning mini so I'll bog off till jollier! ( I may be some time!) big hugs to you tho I do understand bb x

Can i join the flat club?

Iv Got Flat Dog Ear Tits Does That Count As Joining Lol Xxx
That is WELL funny!!! (the dodgy spelling helped too!)

MaryP...yes, you are spot on, I have had low times before, my dialogue used to be "Is it cos I is fat"? to lifes problems, now I am having to look deeper for the reason for lifes problems....its a scary place:( I know the answer isn't always down to me....I wish I didn't have this need to fix the world and every one/every situation?

TG4M(STS again...WTF?), Big Birdy(put down the muffin or I'll smack your hand!!!), Bigley, Blue Grapefruit, I'm sorry you are also feeling flat...but glad I have some company:grouphugg:

Porgeous & Nicjel, thanks for the reassurance...I actually feel a bit ungratefull? Weird huh? Like... "so what I've lost weight....AND???? BIG DEAL"!!! Always wanted to be slim/slimmer now I'm getting there and I should be happy and thankful this is working but....which I guess takes us back to Hotty's comment....the excitement of my new toy is wearing off?

I know (hope?) it will pass.....just strange being in unknown territory?

Thanks you guys!!!
:thankyou:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

(by the way Summerskye...thanks for the reply to my emails...I am in the process of deciding what to do)

You're more than welcome, honey. Get in touch anytime :)

As Porgeous has already said, what you're feeling is entirely normal. I think most of us who have lost weight get to what I call the 'complacency zone'. When we start to look at ourselves and think "Hey! I may not have reached my target, but I actually think I look pretty good now".

Unfortunately that also tends to be a dangerous time as it's so easy to lose sight of your end goal and take your foot off the gas a bit - which is when some people start regaining the weight they've lost :sigh:

There does come a time when the scales don't drop week after week so that feeling of euphoria at knowing you're losing weight isn't there anymore, when people stop saying "Wow! Look at you! Don't you look great?" because they're used to seeing the 'new slimline you', when you think "Now what?" once you've reached your goal because if you want to maintain your weightloss the "now what" is a lifetime of sensible eating and watching your weight.

So is it worth it? Well as Porgeous also said: HELL YEAH!! :D

I think as"big" woman we think everything in our lives will suddenly be better cause we are slimmer,for some of us it's not like that.

This is so true! Just because the outer shell changes, it doesn't automatically make life 'better' - it just means you wear smaller size clothes :)

As Porgeous has already said, what you're feeling is entirely normal. I think most of us who have lost weight get to what I call the 'complacency zone'. When we start to look at ourselves and think "Hey! I may not have reached my target, but I actually think I look pretty good now".

:D

I think this is me.......STS now for 3 weeks. This last week is totally my fault. If I had lost 2lb I might have felt differently. Listening to Dancings posts, and others I realise I'm not alone and we all seem to go through passages like this, but when you go through yourself it feels like youre the only one. I'll allow myself this blip, then click into 'goal' mode and hopefully that will be it!

Well there's clearly some point to this all as we're ALL at the same stage and ALL feeling a bit like this!
Yeah another STS - its me and my body as the scales are dropping again, it was a load of water retention & as I've said before I'll be flat now if I lose every week.
I also feel more flat in the evenings than during the day!

Come on gang - there's no law that says we MUST be great everyday - slim people dont have great days everyday so why should it be any different for us peeps?????

When we all started we KNEW that the world & our lives would still be the same slimmer but just that some of these would be/or not be part of it!
smaller clothes, fashion, looking in the mirror, doing a bit of exercise, more clothes, less sweating, less self-consiousness - BUT we still all get hormonal and have down days or evenings.

there's nothing wrong with us - we're just normal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great post Claire! Just getting my head around my STS and an almost definate regain this week cos my chops just won't stop chopping!

Back