the times they are a changin......

food update loving the choc mint shake was very pleasantly surprised

yeah we just keep our heads down and a even at a steady 3 pounds (just averaging on the cautious side) that is one pretty good monthly total. do you have a plan in mind for how long you want to stay ss? x

As short a time as possible! Apparently you start phasing back when you have a stone to lose so I am hoping in a month or so and I will be there. Seems like ages away in cambridge days!

Swerved temptation today. Had some training with catering provided and I absolutely LOVE buffet food! I was very good and made myself a soup and ate it in the training room away from everybody. Had a few questions from people so just said I was calorie counting and was drinking a slim a soup. Not broadcasting that I am on CD to most people as I mentioned it to a few and had lots of nags about all I need to do is healthy eating and exercise. If it was that easy I would be a size 8 super model by now!

its really not that long when you put it all into context. its been 2 years that iv e been adding on the extra 2.5 stone and have to admit there where some serious binges going on so if i can kick it in the teeth in a few months, im up for that, i def want to come up the full programme as i suspect if i didn t i d just sneak back into some bad habits. before my partner moved in i just kept temptation in the shops, i could have it if i really wanted but had to go and buy it. amazing how your greedy self is closely linked to your lazy self and 9/10 i couldn t be bothered. now that skinny man creature lives here there are treats just lying about in cupboards and i like the crazed addict cannot stop dipping in til they are all magically gone. so im hoping that i can do a retrain to cope with current cupboard arrangements.
just look at the statistic there is 6. something less % of us, im taking that!

know what you mean about folk being less than happy with choice of diet but for me i just needed some time out from food, as far as i ve heard being morbidly overweight ain t good for you and i was on the slow train there.

Yes I agree totally. I have started to recognise my bad habits now and a thinking about why I am eating. I really don't want my little one growing up thinking that it is ok to eat rubbish every day. I want treats to be treats and not every week or every day.

When I finish this I am also going to force myself to weigh in every week as I like to bury my head in the sand about my weight until it is too late. I'm really going to be careful phasing back and stick to a low carb / low junk diet. Oh and cut out the daily wine intake after work!!!

i have a daily weight in on the scales prob a bit over the top but when i didn t have scales for a while i really missed it. pretty sure if i hadn t bought a pair a few months ago i would be shifting a lot more weight.

body is settling into the diet, going to attempt a game of golf tom ( i know sad sack but i love it ) even just 9 holes as my course is know as the goats course so may be pretty puggled by the time i get round. its also a day off so thought you keep your mind off what is in the cupboards.

have you found your temper is a bit shorter at all? i am prone to grumpiness when hungry but its not like that have had to watch my tongue on a few occasions. as my generally sarcastic retorts have been fairly venomous.

oh and next week we get to try the bars very keen for the lemon, if any one else is around do you have any fav s?
jx

Hi all. I ended up SS+ ing after day 3 as was struggling but stuck to the list of food that were allowed. Had my first weigh in tonight and can say I have lost 8lbs! I am so pleased. I just hope it continues as I am weighing daily and it has slowed down the past 2 days to quarter pounds and half pounds! Hope it's going well for everyone xoxo

thats fantastic well done, you too need to get a little sash in your step too. im doing the ss+ cause life without a bit of milk in coffee was just to much for me. think if you do daily weigh you have to accept the bodies natural fluctuations as i gained a pound one day this week and have been 100% so wasnt bothered and right enough gone by the next day
jxx

Yes definitely and I think TOTM will be testing as I usually gain a few pounds. I have 2 weeks worth of CD packs so even more incentive to stick at it as otherwise would be wasting money which is a no no!

oh no no no cant have money wasting on this thread, brings me out in hives:)
it will be so worth it on your big day cause no matter what you will be gorgeous but you will feel even more confident and beautiful
jenx

Ha, well saved! Does being on SS+ make a massive difference to weight loss do you know? I have a BBQ tomorrow and am considering having some chicken and salad whilst I am there. Partly so I don't feel left out and partly so I don't have to tell people why I'm not eating!

I'm quite excited about this weekend as it means weigh in is coming soon, it's completely different to my slimming world days where I used to dread weigh in!

hi there
know what you mean about weigh in day. i dont think its a huge diff really and for one day it would be nothing. 170g is over a chicken breast so one of them and some salad no sweat, saves getting questioned. ( i like to george forby grill mine with some cajun spice over it, tasty) not that helpful for the bbq. still when chicken salads become a big part of my life i ll be doing them like that a lot.

I have just weighed out my chicken and salad leaves (you get a lot of leaves!) and this will suit me nicely tomorrow.

I have been asked to bake something for tomorrow as I usually turn up with cupcakes and things. Although doing well I still don't think I will be able to cope with the smell of baking cakes so I decided to do a no bake malteser tray. I am over the moon that I was exposed to two large packs of maltesers and I didn't touch a single one! This has been the only time I have been tempted to cheat. Woo me! Half of those bad boys would have usually been down my gullet in two seconds flat.

Yes definitely and I think TOTM will be testing as I usually gain a few pounds. I have 2 weeks worth of CD packs so even more incentive to stick at it as otherwise would be wasting money which is a no no!
It's my TOTM now and I have felt hungry all day. Also feel really bloated with water retention so I keep chugging it down and hoping that it will sort itself out by weigh in next week. Being a woman is rubbish!

not that im bored or trying to keep my mind off food but i wondered have much stuff i would have to add to get the scales back to what they where when i started. turns out two small rucksacs later, 1 pair of knee lenght boots, two pairs of vans sneekers, two pairs of calf length boots and one pair of shoes all doc martens, oh and one hair dryer

good lord!

Ha! I love this so much! I might put my little one on the scales tomorrow to see how far off I am to losing and entire toddler.

I have just weighed out my chicken and salad leaves (you get a lot of leaves!) and this will suit me nicely tomorrow.

I have been asked to bake something for tomorrow as I usually turn up with cupcakes and things. Although doing well I still don't think I will be able to cope with the smell of baking cakes so I decided to do a no bake malteser tray. I am over the moon that I was exposed to two large packs of maltesers and I didn't touch a single one! This has been the only time I have been tempted to cheat. Woo me! Half of those bad boys would have usually been down my gullet in two seconds flat.

that is an ex answer could imagine those types of smells being a little hard to bare. there is something nice about walking past something you d normally be nose in the trough to. i managed to leave the greggs doughnuts completely alone today. funnily enough when i was out and about over the week i kept catching delicious food smells and although i really enjoyed it i wasn t tempted ( calorie free pleasures)
TOTM oh so that explains the days hunger me too as it turns out, was so grateful to my partner he has his wee girl staying this weekend and cause i was struggling he took her out for dinner so win win rocky road for her and less temptation for me!

heh heh heh heh lets all lose a toddler in weight! think this could get quite inventive. but you dont think a stone is much weight but i was pretty suprised

I have had a whole 24 hours of wobble and went off plan. Scales don't seem to have noticed so hope can get back on track tomorrow! Naughty me! My CDC says to now worry about weighing the Ss+ foods on a separate note and to just prepare what you feel is right! I will not post my disastrous day. I definitely comfort eat!! Fingers crossed for the rest of the week. Its my hen do next Friday (day,eve and night) so know will be off plan. Should be ok with the eve meal as they have chicken and fish options but lunch will be wrong but i think that as long as no more blips i should be fine. Feel free to have a go at me as need a kick! Although i am giving myself a kick and annoyed at self but hey ho. Guess that's why my user name suits me perfectly! Hope you girls are doing well x ps i had to chuckle at all the things you weighed- seems scary when look at it that way! X

Back