The tip of the iceberg

eamva

8 February marks exactly five weeks of living healthy, eating healthy and losing weight. There have been moments of cravings there have been emotionally weak moments. And though it sounds like such a cliché, this time it is different. Somehow I managed to start thinking: I’m living a better life instead of: I’m on a diet.

I went back to basics for my eating routine. Three healthy meals a day, plus fruits, veggies and yoghurt as snacks in between meals. I swopped soda and hot chocolate for water and tea. I picked up my favourite sport again: swimming, use my bicycle a bit more and go on hikes with my family.
The first three weeks I found the evenings the hardest. Instead of grabbing something sweet I ate nothing or some fruit. Both my mind and my body had to get used to this.

One way of keeping track of my new healthy life style is by keeping a diary. I am trying to keep a record of all the moments that feel great and all the small accomplishments along the way. Of course the occasional page is devoted to feeling the need to eat lots and lots of chocolate and just staying on the coach and not moving for an uncertain amount of time. I also add lots of lists: from ‘top ten places I want to visit’, ‘why I want to live healthier’, ‘favourite healthy recipes’, to ‘rewards for myself while achieving goals.’ The latter being one of my favourite things: rewarding yourself motivates to keep going. I also jot down inspiring quotes and compliments.

Something else that motivates me is the fact that I have the support of my friends. A few friends are trying to live healthier as well. It is great to be able to call each other at times when you need it, cook healthy meals together or exercise together.

I lost about six kilos and though I am still a long way from where I want to be physically , I do feel that my mind has switched from the all you can eat mode to the healthier mode. I feel ready to keep on fighting for my dream shape and body. But I am happy I am able to say that I feel confident that I am going to reach my goals. It is not going to be easy but it is going to be worth it!
I hope people can use some of my experiences to become stronger and healthier themselves.

x E

Sound like me. Iv been going since January 2nd. Have lost 17lb so far but still have a way to go. Good luck on yr journey!! X

Hi there. Congratulations on your success so far. Looks to me like increased activity and smarter food choices are working for you. Keep it manageable, that is to say, something you can stick to in the long term. It is great that you seem to have a support network around you. This is definitely a tip that everyone can use to help them reach and maintain their goal.

Again, well done, and keep going strong.

Congratulations on your great weigh loss but more so on your attitude change, sound like you have it cracked :)

Well done on your loss so far, great start! x

Back