the ugly truth

Helloo, i'm back, had a bit of time off cos of some stuff. glad to see that even tho i had to rejoin monday i am actually at the same weight i was when i rejoined earlier this year. Really determined to lose it this time. Finding it tough cos my fella is underweight so i am encouraging him to eat loads and telling myself to do the opposite- lol

Ok, here goes. Since the age of 14 I have had depression but I had sort of got a hold of it until the start of this year. Just recently it has got worse. I had lost two and a half stone with SW but since January I have put a stone back on. I have been comfort eating and am terribly unhappy and my confidence is so bad that somedays I do not dare to leave the house. I do not work because of my depression and was recently made ill by a so called friend who used me. I have decided to start this diary because it is time for me to have a fresh start. Tonight I made a list of the things causing my depression and at the top of the list was my weight. This is why tomorrow evening I am rejoining Slimming World. I am aware of how unhealthy eating can also make you feel unwell so I am hoping that eating healthier will help improve my mental health too. I have made my list with a problem column, a solution column, and an anticipated outcome column. Slowly I am hoping to work my way down this list. So that's it. Hopefully a new me shall emerge somewhere down the line!!!
ive made a silmilar diary with things from start and continue... i have learnt though you need to work on inside aswell as out coz even when your a size 10 and perfect on outside if you havn't worked on inside too it wont get better :cry:

your making a great start rejoining slimming world and hope you achieve all you'd like to :)
and well done starting a diary like this i know how hard it is to tell everyone!

and my partner isnt skinny slim but hes eaten all thes wierd things so he puts on weight and building muscle so i knw what its like living with someone opposite LOL

right, a shakey couple of weeks, was eating like a pig at the weekend and couldn't work out why.. now i realise that trying to survive on just a couple of cups of coffee in that heat was just rediculous, yesterday i bought some sugar free drinks that i really like and i had 4 bottles of the stuff and my appetite was sooo much better, no way was i drinking enough. Good news was i went to weigh in last night after a week off and lost 3 pound!! so happy, was sure i had gained. that's 6 1/2 off in 3 weeks. That's fine by me because I only had a stone left to lose when i rejoined!

Got a meal out tomorrow night with a few from my group.. including my consultant, should be fun!! I'll be happy with half a stone off this week so I can get my half stone award :eek:

well what a month.. split with my boyfriend, had a bereavement, so unfortunately been off plan for a bit. been back on for a few day.. fingers crossed x

Hi hun, sorry to hear you've had such a tough month, I don't blame you for going off plan, super well done on getting back on plan though. Go you xxx

urgghhh, feel like crap. Most painful totm ever. Had headache for 3 days now. Been in bed for most of the day, feeling terrible. blahh

well not posted for a while, I left group and tried to go it alone, big mistake, I couldn't do it, so rejoined tuesday, having a super first week again but trouble is it's my birthday tuesday and i'm going out for a meal before weigh in, so keeping my syns low so I should be ok.

Wow, first week back 3 1/2 pound off, even though I had a birthday! Just wish the birthday cake in the kitchen would stop calling me!!

Yes I am still here, left for a bit and put a stone on so I have come back. Well the past few weeks have been hell.. I found out on of my best friends who I spent most of my time with has been arrested for comitting a crime, it's hit me pretty bad,, I never want to see them again.. Then my dad nearly took him own life and now wants to divorce my mum. Oh god so much stress. So I had a bad weekend.. tons on alcohol. and you know what? I don't feel guilty I needed it and enjoyed it. Thankfully I still look like I have lost weight. I am now eating very healthily and exercising and I am sure that is helping me through all the tough stuff going on because I have something to concentrate on. Going to de a tough time ahead with family and that.. just gotta keep fighting i guess....

Hi Henny - nice to see you back here but sounds like you are having a rubbish time at the moment, hope things start to look up soon, p.s. well done for the healthy eating still x

Back