Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The water difference between CD and LL

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by yo-yo-dieter, 12 July 2008 Social URL.

1. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This might have been asked before, but why is the recommended water intake so different between CD and LL?

LL is 4 litres per day
    CD is 2.5 litres per day

I'm just aiming to drink as much as I can, but I just wondered why the difference?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

no clue. but i drink about 4 litres a day in any case...

abz xx

4. Camille

Camille Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(14.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    CD 2 1/2 ltrs a day??
    I was told 4 a day!
    I usually drink 5 ltrs a day but that's just cos I love drinking water now. How strange is that? Before cd the only liquid I drank was coffee or alcohol!! LOL
    I think the thing to remember is 'the more you drink, the more you shrink'!!

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

6. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

Camille thats good to remember, and judging by your loss each week it certainly helps...i was worried as i love my water but my cdc did tell me not to do 5litres a day so i have been doing 4 a day but have felt a bit dehydrated on just 4. I'm gonna up it to 5.xx

7. abz

abz Gold Member

i find the more i drink the more thirsty i get if i don't, ha. now my body is used to 4 litres if i don't manage it i feel really thirsty...

abz xx

8. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    2.25 litres is the minimum amount you should be drinking, if you personally need to drink more than that then thats ok too

i personally drink about 4 litres as i end up thirsty and out of sorts otherwise

just be sure to spread your intake out during the day

9. yo-yo-dieter

yo-yo-dieter Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.1lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all the replies, and thanks for the link too - interesting! I've never struggled with four litres during the working week because I drive a desk for nine hours per day so I can do four litres at work alone. I struggle at the weekends though when I'm at home, constantly moving about and even just two litres is a struggle and I usually find myself forcing 1 litre down in an evening before bedtime (and then are up all night weeing LOL!!!)

10. lisa7982

lisa7982 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge ss
    ive been told 3.5 to 4ltrs by my councellor x mmm weird
    x

11. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

I was told a minimum of 2.25l but the more the better. Have managed 4l per day so far(only day 3 though). Am hoping to increase that amount to 5 and drink more earlier as I'm busting for a wee around 4/5am!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.