The way it creeps up on you is amazing.

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Paul after all, 15 August 2014.

1. I came back here after a while away, and I am amazed that my profile says my current weight is 13.7st.

The weight creeps up on you so gradually that you forget how far you've come.

I now weigh 18.5st. I attribute this mainly to high carbohydrate intake, and my less active than before lifestyle doesn't help either.

It's probably time to make some cut backs!
  2. thelifeofpieface

thelifeofpieface Well-Known Member

Good luck losing the weight, we're all here to support you :) x
  3. Rhubarb_Cakes

Rhubarb_Cakes Well-Known Member

It so much easier to gain weight than to loose it :( it sucks!
  4. Hi Paul. All the best on your new start. I am in a similar place where lost weight and became more active and slowly became less active and stopped watching what I ate so I am back to restarting again. Look forward to hearing about your journey xoxo
  5. Thank you. :)
  6. thelifeofpieface

no probs :)
    How you getting on? I haven't seen your diary? Xx
  7. Thanks. What you're saying is true. I have lost half a stone in the last two weeks without trying to. It must be because I haven't eaten gigantic takeaway pizzas! I might try doing some squats whilst watching TV as well.
  8. h

Yeah. It happens so slowly as well, that you don't fully appreciate what you're sacrificing. Gradually, I found myself moving more slowly, and feeling a bit less comfortable in general.

It boggles the mind to think of how much energy is being spent unnecessarily to carry around excess weight.
  9. Thanks. I'll have to start a new thread somewhere and start following other people's threads!
  10. No diary at the moment, because I haven't done anything worthwhile...
  11. thelifeofpieface

I meant food diary :)
  12. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

Good luck! It's amazing how quickly it piles on but how slowly it takes to lose it. You can do it!
  13. Like I said, I haven't done anything worthwhile with that. ;)

I have had pizza and beer today. :eek:
  14. thelifeofpieface

Never mind, onwards and upwards :) xx
  15. Thank you, Kally.

I think it seems to pile on quickly because you're not being conscious of it. Then when you do become conscious, it seems like it takes an eternity to progress because you're regularly focusing on it.
  16. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

very true!
  17. Rud

Rud Well-Known Member

It is amazing how quickly it creeps on. Its so unfair, that is why we need to make lifestyle changes and not "diet". .