The weekenders

I was out last weekend and didnt drink nearly as much as I used to. was good all week and got back into it first thing sun morn. I had been to the gym 3 times and played an hour of football too.
had lost 3 pound on my first week. then after last weekend I was up 2pound. was so disheartening. I will prob have a few drinks on Sat eve but Im almost afraid to incase i get another gain.
ad i dont want to associate a night out with feeling guilty and worried bout my weigh in.
Maybe flexi syns dont work for me?? Can that happen?

Worked my ass off this week and been super good with my food. fingers crossed it will be a loss on the scales this week.

Bubsorla said:
I was out last weekend and didnt drink nearly as much as I used to. was good all week and got back into it first thing sun morn. I had been to the gym 3 times and played an hour of football too.
had lost 3 pound on my first week. then after last weekend I was up 2pound. was so disheartening. I will prob have a few drinks on Sat eve but Im almost afraid to incase i get another gain.
ad i dont want to associate a night out with feeling guilty and worried bout my weigh in.
Maybe flexi syns dont work for me?? Can that happen?

Worked my ass off this week and been super good with my food. fingers crossed it will be a loss on the scales this week.

Do you know how many drinks so what the syns were?
When you say flexi syn do you plan syns or just go off plan for a night? I find planning syns better. Even if I end up not sticking to it if I set myself a limit of 40 and do 48 I don't feel guilty so it's easier to get back on track the next day.
Are you going to the gym more than you used to? If you are - have you upped your water? Dehydration/water retention can have a huge Effect on your weight loss.
Don't get too disheartened.

Do you know how many drinks so what the syns were?
When you say flexi syn do you plan syns or just go off plan for a night? I find planning syns better. Even if I end up not sticking to it if I set myself a limit of 40 and do 48 I don't feel guilty so it's easier to get back on track the next day.
Are you going to the gym more than you used to? If you are - have you upped your water? Dehydration/water retention can have a huge Effect on your weight loss.
Don't get too disheartened.

I had allowed myself 50 syns and had 4 bulmers light, 4 small glasses of wine(not even half a bottle) and a peach schnapps and diet 7 up(someone bought me that one!) oh and a shot of apple sour.
had a king prawn chow mein before that too.

yes, goin to gym more than before but am drinkin the same amount of water. i dont drink a huge lot at the gym.

Kept on track all week so far. Fingers crossed!!
Thanks for the post dreamslim!

Bubsorla said:
I had allowed myself 50 syns and had 4 bulmers light, 4 small glasses of wine(not even half a bottle) and a peach schnapps and diet 7 up(someone bought me that one!) oh and a shot of apple sour.
had a king prawn chow mein before that too.

yes, goin to gym more than before but am drinkin the same amount of water. i dont drink a huge lot at the gym.

Kept on track all week so far. Fingers crossed!!
Thanks for the post dreamslim!

Sounds like your flexi synning was ok. Upping your water may help if you've increased exercise.

Some people report slow losses or a gain when they start exercising but it doesn't need to be the case. When we exercise we are pretty much asking our bodies to rip and repair the muscles. The body uses protein to repair the muscle (I quite often crave meat the day after exercising. Lol) but uses water to protect the muscle while it's repairing.
If you drink plenty of water the body will use the water for a short period of time before sending it out the usual way but if we don't drink enough water then the body will hold on to as much water as possible for as long as possible in preparation for the next gym session therefore the more we drink, the less of an effect the gym has on our weight losses. :)

Sorry for the really long post but it's possible that by not increasing the water this could actually have an effect on your loss.

Good luck. :D

Bubsola - sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but you do know that with flexisynning you're not guaranteed a loss, right? It's a method of staying in control on special occasions, so you don't fall off the wagon and find it easier to get back on track the next day.

If you want to have a big-syn night each weekend, you might be better counting your syns weekly rather than daily :)

I have no meals out planned this weekend, so it should be fairly straightforward - though I do have a massive craving for cake and custard, so I might have to save my syns tomorrow and indulge :)

Bubsola - sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but you do know that with flexisynning you're not guaranteed a loss, right? It's a method of staying in control on special occasions, so you don't fall off the wagon and find it easier to get back on track the next day.

Thanks. ya i know the flexi synning is about control. i just thought with the exercise and everythin I would have at least stayed the same. But not giving up!! determined to get the weight off!

And thanks dreamslim, I will def try up the water intake with and after my exercise!! fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow.

Me again! Had weigh in last nite and was down 3.5 pounds!! Yay! back on track and gonna be really good. only 2.5 pound to my half a stone gone and 3 pounds to my fist target of 10 stone.

Thanks for the advice last week!!

Bubsorla said:
Me again! Had weigh in last nite and was down 3.5 pounds!! Yay! back on track and gonna be really good. only 2.5 pound to my half a stone gone and 3 pounds to my fist target of 10 stone.

Thanks for the advice last week!!

Yay!!! Well done. I lost 1.5lbs and had quite a hefty night on sat so very pleased with that. I was worried coz I saved syns for the weekend and although I stayed within my weekly syns wondered if have 70 of my syns in the 2 days before wi make a difference.
I think it did but as long as I lose and can still have a life I'm a very happy bunny. :)
This weekend the other half is away so it's looking to be a quiet weekend with a book/a few films so that will be the tester. :)

Nice one on the loss!

I struggle too. I love my wine and I've a very social boozey set of friends lol.

Ive started looking at my syns as 105 for the week rather than flexi as I just seem to be 4 steps forward and 3steps back etc.

Applekath said:
Nice one on the loss!

I struggle too. I love my wine and I've a very social boozey set of friends lol.

Ive started looking at my syns as 105 for the week rather than flexi as I just seem to be 4 steps forward and 3steps back etc.

Then you're in the right place. :)

Thank you. I posted kon my food diary that we were joking at work that a weeks syns is 3.5 bottles of wine lol

How did everyone get on with the weekend?

I spread my syns out through the week this week and feel like I went massively over but I think that's coz I was ABLE to due to not going out on the weekend (so normally would have as few syns as poss in the week and save them for weekend).
Got my weigh in tonight, yikes! :)

Well I had two lovely bottles of wine over the weekend lol but have accounted for them!

Best way I think.
Didn't drink this weekend for a change and lost 4lbs today!!!! Not sure if it's a fluke or what? Lol.
Back on the booze this weekend. Rugby time and all that. :)

Back