The Weight in Numbers

MissAma

Silver Member
I know we are not supposed to WI more than once a week (I do, daily on the wii fit) and I know part of that is so that we do not obsess.

Yet this is just what I am trying to talk about. Obsessing in numbers. I'm far from being a mathematician, in fact, I know little about the discipline but statistics always fascinated me so I find myself daily updating and looking at my tickers on here. Sometimes I even look at the measurements I have in -get this- both a separate excel file on my computer and another site. And really... my tickers are expressed in Kg and lbs and precentage of initial weight and of overall body weight and of.... you get the idea. Sick I tell you!

Anyone else finds themselves feeling like they won the lotto when they look at a descending BMI number but want to cry for a .7 lbs gained or am I the only weirdo?:wave_cry:

Hmmm, yes - three tickers, no less!! :rolleyes: It is tempting to go overboard with this, because the weight losses are so amazing - but I have managed to resist! I keep the one weight loss ticker below (only in kg because it's a strawberry one, lol) and I also maintain the Minimins spreadsheet - the latest version which is absolutely brilliant and does all the legwork for you.

I do occasionally jump on my own bathroom scales, but they're rarely accurate (not like my CDC's ones). So for recording all my measurements, I rely entirely on my CDC really - if you start doing it yourself and you get it wrong, I think that's when disappointment can kick in. (Regular measurement is all about consistency - it should really be done using the same method, at the same time, by the same person - ask any science teacher!)

jaycey is spot on about measurements, i try to do it myself and it never matches up...tapes are different etc, so i wait for my CDC to do it.

I am not going to weigh myself for 2 weeks from today as i want to break the habit of getting on them 3 times a day and getting down if they don't move! obviously when im at target i will be weighing every day to keep an eye on it, but i find it counterproductive to weigh constantly - you get hung up on the scale numbers and its easy not to look at the overall picture then.

You have done so well!!! congratulations.

Back