The weight is over........

Well, its being 18 months since I have been on here last.

How is my weight?

right back up to where it was when I started SW last time. After first week back at SW last Tuesday, and losing 6lbs, I now weigh 16 4 and a half stone!:sigh:

I am going to the Maldives in March and am as big as I ever was. The thought of spending 12 days on a total beach holiday, in really hot weather in a swim suit fills me with dread.

I need to lose three and a half stone in about 20 weeks, thats just over 2.5 pounds per week, like thats going to happen?!!:gen147:

Well its another three years since I have been on here and I am still fat! Had a gastric band, had gastric band out, now doing SW but not going to class as cant stand the thought of waiting even more money.
Angry at the moment, husband is an idiot going through the male menopause, has no idea how he has made me feel!

I work in an office where they eat cakes and biscuits virtually every day, I have put on a stone in the last 7 months, I am ANGRY!!!

Last edited:
Morning Karnak :)
I saw your post on the 'through the stones' thread and thought I'd look for your diary.
I was here about 3 years again too! Went from a size 22 to an 8 having lost 6 stones. But the past couple of years have been difficult with work and health and somehow I've gained 4 stones again!
You have my sympathy over the husband...they really don't 'get' us sometimes do they? :mad:
I admire you for doing this at home. I thought about it as I work shifts and miss a lot of groups but in the end I decided I need to be accountable and get a telling off when I'm bad! My bestie Still Slimming Suzy is also doing SW and also on here, which is really helping me. I rejoined last week and am enjoying being in control again. Finding it a bit quiet on here now though compared to a few years ago!
Anyway, happy to pop by and see how your getting on. My diary is in my sig so if there's anything I can help with eg syn values etc, just ask. Have a good day xx

:) Hi Dawn

Thanks for posting on my diary! Really nice to hear from someone who like me is still fighting to get that weight under control after this length of time.

A size 22 to a size 8, that is absolutely amazing!! Its such a shame that unless you really keep your eye on the ball, its just too easy for it to creep on again. It always seems to me that you almost have to be selfish and put yourself first to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle.( I am never calling it a diet again!)
One of the reasons I am doing this at home is due to the counselling that I had when I had the gastric band.

Just because we do not lose weight one week, we are not "bad". Why do we go to class just to have it confirmed that we are not good enough if we have not lost weight? Why do we have to explain ourselves if we have not lost weight? It all just confirms and strengthens the fallacy that we are not good enough because we are overweight, and that we are bad.

We know why we have not lost weight, we have either eaten or drank too much of a food high in calories or fat or sugar. Simple as that! Knowing this doesn't stop us doing it, but just because we have done it, we are not bad.

You are right in that it does seem to be a lot quieter on here that in the past, but didn't I see somewhere that it had been closed down?

b. 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and toms and bacon
snax. grapes and Strawberries
L. SW Pea and Ham soup, with scan bran
D. SW Chilli con carne with 60gm rice
Snax. Cherry toms and grapes

:) Hi Dawn

Thanks for posting on my diary! Really nice to hear from someone who like me is still fighting to get that weight under control after this length of time.

A size 22 to a size 8, that is absolutely amazing!! Its such a shame that unless you really keep your eye on the ball, its just too easy for it to creep on again. It always seems to me that you almost have to be selfish and put yourself first to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle.( I am never calling it a diet again!)
One of the reasons I am doing this at home is due to the counselling that I had when I had the gastric band.

Just because we do not lose weight one week, we are not "bad". Why do we go to class just to have it confirmed that we are not good enough if we have not lost weight? Why do we have to explain ourselves if we have not lost weight? It all just confirms and strengthens the fallacy that we are not good enough because we are overweight, and that we are bad.

We know why we have not lost weight, we have either eaten or drank too much of a food high in calories or fat or sugar. Simple as that! Knowing this doesn't stop us doing it, but just because we have done it, we are not bad.

You are right in that it does seem to be a lot quieter on here that in the past, but didn't I see somewhere that it had been closed down?

b. 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and toms and bacon
snax. grapes and Strawberries
L. SW Pea and Ham soup, with scan bran
D. SW Chilli con carne with 60gm rice
Snax. Cherry toms and grapes

Wow! That all makes so much sense! It's awful having to go to group knowing that you've gained, and that the usual question 'do you know what you've done wrong?' Is coming :(

Like you say, of COURSE we know what we've done wrong! We've stuffed our faces with all the wrong foods! Having said that, I'm one of those very weak people who will always gain when they don't go :mad:

I know that minis closed down for a while (I think it was technical issues but not sure) and a rival group was set up. Most of my friends went there. I'd pretty much given up by this time so I didn't bother. Then I made a halfhearted attempt to lose some of my gain and joined it, but found I didn't have the time, so stopped again. This time I feel like I need a true fresh start, with new friends and hopefully new ideas. I'd just like to make a handful of nice friends for mutual support, posting on each other's diaries and offering help/a kick up the bum where needed! My friends on the other group have all moved on without me and I feel a bit of an outsider...well it has been a few years lol! I actually met some of them and made wonderful lifelong friendships with three, which was/is lovely still :)

Anyway I better get ready for work! Will try to pop on later between jobs.
Keep up the good work hun! Xx

Back