TheMissus' Food Diary

Thanks! Yeah am probably counting calories rather than syns now but still follow slimming world in my head if that makes sense...still doing the recipes and following the plan but count calories to make sure I eat enough and not too much. Plus the myfitnesspal app is free and easy to use.

Not filled in my food diary for a while but am still bang on track. I STS this week for some unknown reason and I have a meal out next week so I hope it won't effect things too much.
Am really having issues with water retention at the moment so have booked an appointment with the docs. Nothing much else to report, still positive and looking forward to getting the weight off.

Water retention can be so dumb because the dang scale won't move! :p You have a great outlook, I hope the water retention issue can be resolved. It sounds like you have really developed some smart eating habits! :)

So had a pretty crap June. Only lost 4lbs in 4 weeks...same as April actually. Finally seen some movement on the scales today and am minus another 5lbs this morning. Am hoping July will be a good month, could do with a nice boost.

I mentioned the little plateaus to the doc last week and she said that they're perfectly normal and actually quite beneficial as they give the body a chance to settle and for the skin to get used to the weight loss. I totally get that but I'm just in the frame of mind where I want it off and I want it off like yesterday!
She also said water retention around the totm is normal too but I bought some water balance herbal tablets which seemed to have helped with that issue this month.

Very impatient now for the next 5 stone to come off. Am looking towards the century being my next mini goal, 100lbs off would be amazing! And after that I'll be less than a stone away from getting under 300lbs. That will be pretty cool too!

I bought a beautiful top from Evans last week in the sale, got it a size too small but it actually fits now, so am edging into the size 26's too, haven't been in a 26 for over 8 years. Am soooo gonna take my old life back if it's the last thing I do!

I've stopped counting syns mostly now. It's still in the back of my mind so I try not to go over and I use the slimming world recipes, am just finding it easier to count calories and keep one food diary. I think I'll switch back to counting syns properly when I'm quite a bit smaller as I'll need to lower my cal intake a lot more then.

Any way, that's me. Just thought I'd update in case anyone wondered why I'd not been writing everything down daily.

Well it sounds like you had had as plateau but broke through it with your -5 this morning Well done!!

Glad the herbal water-balance helped you out. :) It can be so hard to wait for the weight to come off and such a bummer when you've worked so hard and all you lose is a measley pound. But we are all there with you!

I LOVE fitting into smaller clothes. :) Several days ago I actually got a couple of shirts that I am hoping to fit into nicely for America's Independence Day, they were a bit snug but if I keep working hard I will be able to do what you did! :D

Keep up the excellent work :)

Thank you! It does seem to be rather hit and miss at the moment. 3lbs off this week but have now gone up 2lb again, it's not weight weight, must be water but the yoyoing thing is so annoying!

Back