Then What?

Ketoveggie

At the moment I'm on TS shakes only, but I know at some point I will have to incorporate real and healthy food back into my diet. I intend to make low carb eating a way of life for me. I'm slowly getting my head around Macros and hoping that working this sh*t out gets easier as I continue down the road because at the moment I'm seeing far too many food options that include meat and that's not suitable for my dietary needs.

Have you given much thought to how you will continue once you have reached your target weight? Will you go back to old habits or will you make a complete change? Do you have a plan already formed or are you making one?

I've been scouring the net looking at keto vegan/vegetarian recipes so I can start making a list of suitable foods, recipes, etc to make my life a bit easier once I stop with the shakes. I might make a thread for veggie recipes to include on week 4 if anyone would be interested?

i'm maintaining :) (but not vegetarian).
Just did my weight loss thing Jan-June this year and lost over 25% body weight.
I was eating real food all along, so the transition is probably easier - eg i'm in good habits now, so I can just eat more of what I have been eating, and what I have been eating appeals more than crap.

But I've not fussed about micro this and that, or carb this and that. My philosophy is that whatever I've been eating, and whatever i'm eating now is a lot more healthy than what I was eating, so all that stuff can look after itself.
How many people eat lots of calories but woeful variety (macro's etc) Answer = heaps.
So my thoughts are that if you can see that the plate you're about to eat looks pretty healthy, and if you're getting a decent variety of food, just don't stress about it because you're doing better than most people who consume a lot more calories of rubbish.....

Good idea to have some ideas of go-to recipes though, because at the start of my (real food) plan it took a bit of planning to decide what to eat all the time, but now it just seems easy because I naturally buy in all the variants I like to eat without thinking about it. I'm sure fellow veggies would appreciate your input.

Nice job getting to your goal weight. I really do think it's all about how an individual will maintain and what they put in place to do so. Like you say, good eating habits make all the difference. It's good to read that you lost the weight through a healthy 'real' food diet. :) I am such a picky eater that for me, using these shakes to kick start the weight loss is probably laziness on my part, but I know on the positive side it will put me into the 'zone' for making better choices in the months to come.
I wonder if people who lose the weight ever give consideration to the emotional aspects of why they gained it in the first place and if so, do they make the appropriate changes in their lives on the emotional side too so they don't slip back into negative old ways? Open question! would love to read anyone's opinions on that.
Going down the route of checking macros each day is something i'm not yet convinced about, for me anyway. Maybe low carb and sensible choices will be the way I go if I cant get my head around it all.

Last edited:
yeah, sounds like the shakes are a good way to go for you. I'm completely lazy with food, but completely un-picky too, so am happy with a big plate of microwaved veggies and some sort of protein plonked on top. Takes 3 min to make :)

No emotional excuses for my weight gain - I just like eating, and just got in the habit of eating too much every day for too long a time period. But your question is something I ponder quite a bit too - it must be extra-complicated to lose if there's some other psychological stuff going on too.

My downfall was carbs!! I'm the epitome of "little pickers wear bigger knickers." haha!

I believe most things do start in the mind. You know like, bad things can happen in life that was out of the control of that person but they do have the choice of how they deal with it. On an emotional level, I mean. This might sound weird but, I visualise for every pound I lose it's also taking with it a pound of negative emotion that's no longer serving the needs it did when I first felt them.

Back