There is ALWAYS a Silver Lining!

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
If there's one thing that's guaranteed to pee me off is when people say "every cloud has a silver lining" at a time when that's the last thing I want to hear!! :mad:

However.....it is such a true, true saying! Unfortunately, I've recently had a situation with an extremely good friend of mine which meant that the air had to be cleared and I think its kind of left both of us feeling a little uncomfortable and not quite sure of our next step. At first I felt quite bad about it and questioned both the history and the future of the friendship....BUT in actual fact even though the whole thing has bought some raw, and even dormant, emotions to the fore I've had no choice but to do deal with them and to challenge myself to deal with them without my old mate...comfort eating!

It has certainly been a challenge but I've done it and in doing so have renewed my faith in my ability, which is a pretty big deal to me and has had a pretty huge impact already.

Previously, I would have missed this lesson altogether as I would have been too busy beating myself up about having eaten, etc, etc. So when "stuff" happens, as it invariably will, I'm setting myself the challenge of dealing with it and then celebrating the lesson! I know it sounds weird but can you imagine being stuck in the crap and not realising that I've missed the opportunity to be a success story in the making!!!

By the way I forgot to mention....that yeah, I didn't feel great about it and yeah I haven't eaten but I still miss her as a mate!

A silver lining indeed. I think sometimes things like this happen to show us how far we have come, and how far we have to go. Shedding some light onto things can only be a good thing, and using it to feed your future is a really positive thing to do.

The thing about change is that it can sometimes be quite an uncomfortable place to be which is why I never really understand why people call it going past their comfort zone! There is nothing comfortable about being in the midst of change as it makes us question who we really are and what it is that we really want and it feels unfamiliar and uncomfortable and even volatile sometimes.

In this stage, we can't really go back because we have come too far and it is no longer comfortable there even though we may try to hold on too many things happen to let us know that we no longer fit in the "old world". Yet, we can't quite see or get what the "new world" is either...we just fear that it maybe strange and unfamiliar.

However, once we have taken the courage to step into our "new world"...we are now in the comfort zone!!! ;) This is where it truly is comfortable as we become accepting and accepted of who we are and conflicts that may arise are seen as opportunities for even further change and growth rather than limiting shackles.

It's all good! :) :)

The thing about change is that it can sometimes be quite an uncomfortable place to be which is why I never really understand why people call it going past their comfort zone! There is nothing comfortable about being in the midst of change as it makes us question who we really are and what it is that we really want and it feels unfamiliar and uncomfortable and even volatile sometimes.

In this stage, we can't really go back because we have come too far and it is no longer comfortable there even though we may try to hold on too many things happen to let us know that we no longer fit in the "old world". Yet, we can't quite see or get what the "new world" is either...we just fear that it maybe strange and unfamiliar.

However, once we have taken the courage to step into our "new world"...we are now in the comfort zone!!! ;) This is where it truly is comfortable as we become accepting and accepted of who we are and conflicts that may arise are seen as opportunities for even further change and growth rather than limiting shackles.

It's all good! :) :)

Bless ya Diva,

I needed to read that this morning. Something made me look around this thread and there were the words.!!

Lacey....xxx

That's no problem Lacey...as usual, glad to be of service and know that you have found some comfort.

As for me and my "soul sister" we seem to be getting back to doing what we do best which is to be sisters....in the comfort zone!! ;)

Back